Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 03-15-2021, 01:47 PM
SGM Pitfa55 is offline SGM Pitfa55

Server set up

I am looking to set up a server for TS and JOE, No idea how to get this thing up and running!
Thanks to all.
This site looks to be a great asset!

SGM Pitfa55
Old 03-15-2021, 04:16 PM
jabo1SFH is offline jabo1SFH

i see you found us!! lol, fun gaming last night! stop in anytime you see SFH HELLZONE running.

there are a couple different ways to set up a server in jo.

the one i was running yesterday was a 2 machine setup where i could also join the server.

1st and foremost, is setting up your ports so the 2 computers can work on the same ip address through the NL server exchange.

router settings: each pc would need a static ip assigned through the router. example:

pc "A" is the server. ip through the router would be similiar to this: 192.168.0.122

pc "B" will be the one the player uses to connect to the server with an ip from the router as 192.168.0.123

then you log into your routers admin service and forward your ports for jo. the ports that jo uses are: 7597, 32768, 49152 and 64206. all use UDP as the connection protocol.

now personally, i find it best to give each pc a small range of ports as opposed to single port assigning for jo/jo:e. my server pc has a range of 32768-32770.

now that you have that set, make sure any firewall you are using allows joint ops two-way traffic to and from your server and play pcs. this includes windows defender.

ok, all those set? good but we're not done just yet.

now, after all the above are set up, navigate to your jo directory. the default is C:\program files (x86)\Novalogic\Joint Operations or whatever letter is assigned to your hard drive that has jo installed.

once there, find the "game.cfg" file. you can open this file with notepad. now, with windows 10, even with administrator set up on your game folder, it will not allow you to save any changes to that file within that folder. what i do is save a copy of the game.cfg in my documents folder, make changes then copy and save it to the game folder.

now the changes we will make to the game.cfg are the following(you will need to do this to both the server pc and the play pc):

// MULTIPLAYER
mpipaddressstring = "0.0.0.0"
mpgateserverlocalportmin = "32768"
mpgateserverlocalportmax = "32770"
mpgateserverlocalportdelta = "1"
mpgateserverlocalportrandom = "0"
mpnovaworldportmin = "32768"
mpnovaworldportmax = "32770"
mpnovaworldportdelta = "1"
mpnovaworldportrandom = "0"
mpnovaworldlanenumsessionportmin = "32768"
mpnovaworldlanenumsessionportmax = "32770"
mpnovaworldlanenumsessionportdelta = "1"
mplanserverportmin = "32768"
mplanserverportmax = "32770"
mplanserverportdelta = "1"
mplanclientportmin = "32768"
mplanclientportmax = "32770"
mplanclientportdelta = "1"
mplanclientportrandom = "0"
mplanservertojoinportmin = "32768"
mplanservertojoinportmax = "32770"
mplanservertojoinportdelta = "1"

you want to change the numbers that i am showing in italics in the game.cfg so that each computer has the EXACT same port numbers as the ones you set in your routers port fowarding setup for each pc. the example above is for my server pc. my play pc uses the port ranges of 65001-65535.

once you have changed the information in the game.cfg, click file and "save as", then make sure at the bottom you select "all files" then as an added measure, double click on the game.cfg in the files window to save. then copy and paste your new game.cfg into your jo folder.

then give it a test run.

you will need to log into novalogic with the server pc 1st!!! once in click the host button on the bottom left of the screen. then you can add server name and any options you want and you also choose game type and maps. make sure "serve only" option is selected as well. once all that is done, click "start hosting". now with your play pc, login again to NL and go into the server lobby and find your server. try to join.

there are times where something isnt correct and you will get the message "Enumerating Session". that means something is not set correctly. you just need to go back and retrace the steps above to make sure everything is correct.

hope my long mini-lesson helps.

oh, about TS, i never did figure out how to run a TS3 server, so im out of the loop on that one, but i do have a discord for SFH.

here is the invite link if you decide on discord: https://discord.gg/8wWq2mX

Last edited by jabo1SFH; 03-15-2021 at 04:50 PM. Reason: more info, spelling blah blah blah