Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Joint Operations
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Joint Operations Anything about the Joint Operations series of games.

Old 06-16-2014, 01:16 PM
HomeSkool is offline HomeSkool

Quote:
I'm still having the same issue I had in the NILE. Will a neutral base take-over work?
I'd be happy to explore this option for you. Neutral base's are something I can see myself wanting to add as well. I'll try to figure it out once I'm home back at my workstation. I'll let ya know asap!

As for sounds in the WAC I have not messed around too much yet. It would be nice but it is low on my list. But I will heed your advice and not make sounds trigger at the same times or overlap. I'm more interested in adding wav files to areas. I want you to be able to walk up to someone having a conversation with another person and as you get closer the sound gets louder. Just like the wave and bug sounds they have in the game already.

I'll look again at your map and see how you do the waypoint delays. It's my goal tonight to have that all figured out and a proper solution one way or another
Old 06-16-2014, 03:53 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSkool View Post
I'd be happy to explore this option for you. I'm more interested in adding wav files to areas. I want you to be able to walk up to someone having a conversation with another person and as you get closer the sound gets louder. Just like the wave and bug sounds they have in the game already.
Thanks my friend.

Perhaps the following descriptions can help you: (but I can't really tell you much myself because I've never thought about that particular attribute)

And So - You really are a clever fellow did you know that?

Anyway here's what I found...
-----------------------------

sound2tgt(ss,tgt) create ssoundset # at target # (ex. sound2tgt sSoundSet 1)

sound(ssnNAME, dist, head) plays soundset at distance(meters) and heading(bangle)

nearwave("wave.wav", dist) plays wave file from the mouth of the nearest enemy with max dist to be heard

SSNwave(ssn, "wave.wav", dist) plays wave file from the mouth of the ssn with max dist to be heard

SS_SoundSet immediate soundset name

sSoundSet immediate soundset name (alternate syntax)
Old 06-16-2014, 11:54 PM

Awesome! I'll fool around with WAV files at a later date and explore your scripts there.

As for setting up a natural base I was able to do it without error.
I setup 5 base, 1 & 2 were rebel, 3 was natural, and 4 & 5 were Joint Ops. Worked with zero issue.

1. Under Objects, cbunker2 (Concreate Bunker 2 with Change Team_Spawn Volume.

2. Add as many bunkers as you want.

3. In the items attributes you need to set the LFP to a number. Start at 1 and label each other bunker by increments of 1.

4. Two other fields that need input are Group and Team. Set them to the team who gets that bunker on the start of the game. If there are 4 bunkers make sure 1 & 2 are owned by JO and 3 & 4 are owned by the rebels.

5. If you add neutral bases make sure they exist in the middle of the LFP Number. Or at least I think it needs to be in the middle.

Does that answer your question? Maybe I misunderstood your request!
I can always re-post my map for you with these settings if you wanted to check it out.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:17 AM

Good answer but in this map "AS - Dam" it has always been the neutral base (I use a rebel HQ) that does not get taken over.

3 devices (icons) showing on the hud at top right, red blue and green.

The red and blue bunkers have always worked OK in the NILE and now also work fine in the MEd.

I reckon I have it all set correctly so I'm wondering if it's the old bug where if you host a COOP or TDM map yourself, the engine treats you (host) as if you are ssn10000.

I'm wondering if this is happening to the first blue team member even though it's AAS???
Old 06-17-2014, 01:47 AM

Yikes. That sounds a little beyond me. On my AAS map you only see the green neutral base in the hud. Someone has to take it over before it shows the standard red and blue hud. I cannot recreate what your talking about. Having all 3 colors in the hud.
Old 06-17-2014, 03:45 PM

Have a look...
Neutral (green) icons show in-game and on HUD

Some objects not down yet but everything else is OK
except the neutral Base doesn't change over to blue team when I go to it?

Old 06-17-2014, 07:08 PM

lol... Insane....

You have labeled the LFP of each bunker to the order you want? The neutral base needs to exist in the middle of the list? I can't read the base letters in the picture.
If the Rebel base is Alpha the neutral base needs to be bravo and the JO base needs to be Charlie. This must be a different type of game style. On my map when it firsts load the only base that shows up is the neutral base until it is taken over by whatever team
Old 06-18-2014, 09:26 PM

Quote:
lol... Insane....

You have labeled the LFP of each bunker to the order you want? The neutral base needs to exist in the middle of the list? I can't read the base letters in the picture.
If the Rebel base is Alpha the neutral base needs to be bravo and the JO base needs to be Charlie. This must be a different type of game style. On my map when it firsts load the only base that shows up is the neutral base until it is taken over by whatever team
I've been trying various combinations of Group and LFP settings with some very interesting results.

I think it will take a while to fully understand what's going on.

Apparently the default method NL uses is not the only way to configure it.

I'll be back here with my findings on the week end.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:45 PM

Awesome, Look forward to hearing about your findings.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Still trying to understand how to apply JOE to DFX
In DFXMed 2.60
Select: (Tools - Integrity Check...) from the drop down menu.

All incompatible objects will be listed.

You must then pick an object and choose (select this type) from the "Right-Click" menu.

You can then gradually change the all objects to a similar type that will work.