Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 02-04-2006, 10:16 PM
KU43 is offline KU43

House To House Search

Hearing Australia has now stooped to a house to house search for firearms here are the results of their firearm ban.

It cost the government over 500 million dollars.
The government destroyed 640,381 firearms the owners were forced to surrender, including .22 semi-automatic rifles and shotguns.
Homicide is up 3.2%. In the state of Victoria it's up 300%!
Armed- robberies are up 44%!
Assaults are up 8.6%
There has been a large increse in breakins and assaultts on the elderly.
Figgures from the previous 25 years before the ban shows a decline in both armed-robbery and homicide.
It has destroyed Australia's standings in most international sport shooting competitions.
At the time of the ban the Prime Minister said "self-defense is not a reason to own a firearm"
Homicide rate before the ban was 1.8 per 100,000, low by any standard. It makes me wonder then why a gun bar was needed at all. Now with the house to house search I know and I thank God I live in America. http://www.nralive.com/
Old 02-04-2006, 10:45 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Contrary to what the NRA would have you believe, firearms are not banned in australia, they are restricted.

Quote:
Homicide is up 3.2%. In the state of Victoria it's up 300%!
This is a bit dodgy, the 3.2% figure is an absolute figure, in a continually gorwing country like australia the population can differ from one month to the next quite dramatically, sure the number of homicides went up, but the overall homicide rate went down after the gun buyback..

The Victorian figure is also misleading, in the year prior victoria had 7 firearm related homicides, then had 19 the following year, this isnt an increase of 300,a nd when your talking about the 12 more in a pool of 5 million people plus, it becomes even more insignificant.

Australia wide there is now much less firearms related homicide since the buyback.

the proportion of firearms to commit armed robbery has also declined since the buyback, armed robery dosent necessarily mean with a firearm...

Again, there is a larger number of assults on the elderly, but the actualy rate has gone down

And australia still holds its own at sporting shooting events, just look at michael diamond...

And the homicide rate cant really be linked to guns, since it encompases everything, but reagrdless
http://www.aic.gov.au/media/2005/20051005.html
Old 02-05-2006, 03:21 AM
KU43 is offline KU43

Is a 25 year decline in murder and armed-robbery before the ban also mis-leading? Also the stats on homicides were all gun related. Bottom line sense the gun bans in England, Canada, and Australia have been enacted crime has skyrocketed in all three countrys. Australia's gun ban was not wanted by your people but by a well funded ANSU headed by Rebecca Peters who isn't even Australian. You can try to suger coat the facts but they are still facts. History repetes it's self and your people need to do a quick look at the history of gun control from the sword to present times. because the out-come is always the same. GENOCIDE.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:51 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Quote:
Is a 25 year decline in murder and armed-robbery before the ban also mis-leading?
But that dosent mean anything unless the buyback (it wasnt a ban) significantly changed the figures, which it did, the overall firearms related crimes decreased.

If Texas has a population of 100 million and 10 gun deaths the next year it has a population of 200 million people and 15 gun deaths, there has been an increase of 50% in the amount of deaths, the homicide by firearms rate has actually gone down because ofthe population difference that ha to be taken into account.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:21 AM
Jeff is offline Jeff

Send a message via AIM to Jeff
When have you become an expert in Canada? Anyways, it doesn't matter if it has skyrocketed or not. Most canadian murders take place in citys that border the United States.

All our rates combined don't match that of the US, so really i don't think we're the one with the problem with guns.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:51 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by BADDOG
This looks like a really interesting debate guys and I wonder if anyone like me thinks we here in the U.K. should have the right to "bear arms" for our own protection?

I know it's controversial but I feel certain that the already armed criminal population of this country would think twice about robbing people in their own homes if their penitential victim was possibly armed?

After the Dunblane murders the government of the day banned all firearms with the exception of shotguns, (or so I understand it), but with growing crime on our streets should we like America have the right to self protection?

Warm Regards
will it counts if you had a gun/rifle/shotgun handy and seen a terrorist bomber walking around and you have a firearm on you?

do you:
1.) call police? time they get there bomber kill 30 people
2.) ask the bomber please don't do it! bomb gone off kill off 80-120 people
3.) pull the gun out point it at the person and say stop, people around you will start to run away from the seen of the action. save at lease 20-50 people 12 may die do to trying to stop the bomber.

terrorist groups are not limited to a said country. yes there should be some that should not have any type of weapons at all. but if a person get all the paper work done and say they like to help to keep their country safer, they should seek to be part of their law enforcement agency to help keep the public safe.

but in the long run i think the USA break all ground we have the highest number of people in this country then any other in the world. crap when it come to firearm use in crime or killing them selves off using them firearms think we break all records on this area.

but breaking into a person home to search for weapons is way scary to think, if they got a call about it yes, but do it off the back is asking for trouble.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 02-05-2006, 08:19 AM
Systemkaos is offline Systemkaos

Send a message via ICQ to Systemkaos
Quote:
Originally posted by BADDOG
This looks like a really interesting debate guys and I wonder if anyone like me thinks we here in the U.K. should have the right to "bear arms" for our own protection?

I know it's controversial but I feel certain that the already armed criminal population of this country would think twice about robbing people in their own homes if their potetential victim was possibly armed?

After the Dunblane murders the government of the day banned all firearms with the exception of shotguns, (or so I understand it), but with growing crime on our streets should we like America have the right to self protection?

Warm Regards
hahaha i walk down the highstreet and see some people, i know if they had a gun they would use it. I think the UK is fine, but and introduction of guns would kinda start animosity and a lot of people would be afraid to leave home. If you want self protection take a martial arts class or get some mace, you dont need to shoot a solid lead object at someone cuz they wanted your ipod. I belive in the right to bear arms, but if gun control can be kept under control then im all for that. Cuz whats to stop that person you just shot from having a gun and shooting you in self defense, or worse killing you. IF you can control it by all means do it.

As for what chief said, thats a situational thing, i would not know what your going to do untill you get put in the situation, its one thing to say if i saw a terrorist "I would cap tha motha" but when your there in front of him with something that could just kill him, your priority and everything else changes. Its like when i was across the street from a train station that was bombed last july in london. In a life or death situation and something like that, you see how well some people cope with that, i was very composed and just took things in strides, was i scared HELL YES. BUt on the other hand people were freaking out and everything else. Its just how you handle it at the time.

Last edited by Systemkaos; 02-05-2006 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Systemkaos is offline Systemkaos

Send a message via ICQ to Systemkaos
Yea why you think all the english are moving to spain All the others are movint to england
Old 02-05-2006, 05:46 PM
KU43 is offline KU43

First off the right of self protection is a God given right and ANY government that takes that right away, no matter the reason, needs to be watched.
BB your country had one of the lowest gun related crime rates that I've ever heard of. So what was the reason your government and miss peters used to steal your God given right?
Jeff just a few days ago information came out, and not from the NRA but from our liberal media that the crime rate on robbery and murdered in Canada is almost twice that of the US. There is a total gun ban in Washington DC thanks to a traitor in this country.The gun deaths there are over 80 per 100,000, the higest in this country. In Iraq it's 60 per 100,000. This traitor's name is shara brady from the brady center to prevent gun violence. Look up this con woman's web page.
What you will find there are half truths and out right lies. It will tell you that the .50 cal bmg is a weapon terrorist use to shoot down planes. a total lie to the point it's a joke. or the cop killing gun. Ive reloaded my own ammo for 25 years and the gun has little to do with the bullet. It's all in the bullet weight, shape, and it's powder charge. You will not find a way to contact these gun grabbers but you'll find plenty of ways to send them cash. She pays herself $900,000.oo a year from her non-profit org. and gets the money praying off ignorant peoples fear. her husband james has been playing the victim in this con game for 30 years. Its made them rich.
After you look through her web page go to mine. it's all about this traitor.
THECAPTBOBCENTERTOCONVICTSHARABRADYO...INC@msn. group.
Did Canada's felons turn in their guns or are the now armed and able to do as they will not having to worrie about an honest man ability to defend himself or his family.
SO YES , THE BORDER TOWNS HAVE MORE CRIME BECAUSE THE FELON HAS A WORK SAFE ENVIRONMENT created by a government that has taken your god given right not trusting you and leaving you defenseless
Gun control has murdered over100 million people sense 1920
Old 02-05-2006, 06:29 PM
KU43 is offline KU43

NEXT Systemkaos, have you ever heard of a 125 grain Jacketed Hollow Point comming out the end of a 7 1/2 inch barrel of a .357 Ruger being stopped by any martial arts on the face of the earth? Or even a 2 inch barrel .22 rimfire?
FACT: A womans upper body strenght is not one half that of a man. An armed rapest would have a cake walk on a woman no matter if she were trained or not. 3 years ago Claud VanDam got his ass kicked badly in a street fight with a Scores bouncer that didn't have any training at all. Would you tell a loved one to submit to being raped to save herself or teach her how to use deadley force to stop that rapest in his tracks. An American's job is "teach your childern when young the use of firearms" Thomas Jefferson. All three of my girls are out of my house now and I sleep alot better knowing i did my job
The wild west was along time ago and American gun owners are not Billy the Kid and very rarly shoot some one that didn't need to be shot. They kill more low lifes comiting a crime than police. Almost every police officer in this country is in support of are 2nd amendment. No matter what is said A GOVERNMENT THAT TAKES A PERSONS WAY TO PROTECT HIMSELF IS A GOVERNMENT TO BE FEARED
Old 02-05-2006, 06:33 PM
Jeff is offline Jeff

Send a message via AIM to Jeff
Care to post links to these statements?
Old 02-05-2006, 06:36 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
i dont even want a gun, too easy to pick it up and kill someone. really dont want to go and kill someone and get life in jail TBH :/
Old 02-05-2006, 08:56 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

a person with no weapon can still die by them.

in war there are no innocent bystanders only collateral damage.

go run and hide in a corner waiting for the police to get there and the bad guy will find you easier.

i would rather die fighting than to be on my knees begging that some dont put a bullet in my head.

and giving in to the criminal dont save your life, most will shoot or stab ya just for seeing them or for a lack of money..

he who beats his sword into plowshears will plow for those who dont.

without guns this country will fall within a few years, for back during the cold war they asked the enemy why dont they just invade us, their reply was that there are to many people who are armed.

and unarmed person is more easily controlled than an armedperson.

the second amendment is there incase they try and take the others.

all gun laws do is hurt the law abiding people, for the crimanal makes his living breaking the law so what is 1 more law on the book to him when he is already breaking the other laws.

and why is the government so concerned with the law abiding citizens that have guns?

why do they need to disarm us?

what are they planning to do that we might fight back?

Old 02-05-2006, 09:08 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

and on the facts that murders have gone down, the only thing that has gone down is the reporting of these deaths, they do this to make it look like it is droping, so thhat mister or mis gullable will belive that guncontroll is working.
ya keep hearing about all these shootings, but what of the stabbings and beating deaths, knives outnumber guns 10 to 1 and the oldest and simplist weapon is a big stick and all ya usually hear about is the shootings.
they do this to condition every1 into beliving that guns are evil.
ok, if guns are evil, if i put a gun on a table and no1 touches it, is it going to jump up and kill some1,NO!
it takes a person to pick it up, load it, cock it and then shoot it to kill some1, there is no such thing as a gun killing some1, it is mearly a tool and takes a person to do anything aside of just layingthere collecting dust.
and on most of these sinsless deaths of accidental shootings, the gun didnt run up to the person and go bang bang, it was usually some1 who didnt know what they were doing doing something that they wasnt supposed to be doing.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:32 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Quote:
BB your country had one of the lowest gun related crime rates that I've ever heard of. So what was the reason your government and miss peters used to steal your God given right?
Theres an easy reason for that. If every aussie had a gun do you really think the gun crime rate would be as low? Hell No, its that low because there is a lack of guns in australia, hence its very hard to commit a gun related crime.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:22 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Baddog please clean out your PM box ok, some of us like to PM you lol gee.

check the staff forum area ok

if i had a gun i think i would be in deep trouble with a lot of people in the world.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 02-06-2006, 05:44 AM
KU43 is offline KU43

posted by Mike
Theres an easy reason for that. If every aussie had a gun do you really think the gun crime rate would be as low? Hell No, its that low because there is a lack of guns in australia, hence its very hard to commit a gun related crime.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
we have citys in the US which have laws requiering every housewhole to own a firearm. There citys enjoy some of the lowest crime rates in America. The other side we have citys with total gun ban whose crime rates are in somew cases 800% above the norm. I have yet to see any fact that would prove to differ any where in the world. THE FACT IS YOUR GOVERNMENT DOESN'T TRUST YOU. your people had no say in the gun ban.It was your government and the work of the ANSA using half truths to out right lies that took youe god given right of self protection. God created man. Samaul Colt made them equal.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:04 AM
KU43 is offline KU43

Steve do you realy think if you owned a gun you could pick it up and kill another human being I have a safe full of weapons and I have never raized a gun on anyone unless to protect my home and my family and have never had to fire it. Just like crossing the street you have to learn the rules of safety then the weapon becomes another tool. A tool some 2 million honest people in America use a year to protect their familys and belongings.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:01 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Plain

For myself, as controversial as this may be, I think that the citizens of my country England should have the right to purchase arms to defend themselves against the ever rising tide of crime this country now faces.

I do not make this statement lightly but as have absorbed more and more people from other cultures where gun violence is endemic we have also imported along with these people a culture of gun violence which is now manifesting itself on the streets of our town's and city's and we are rapidly approaching a position where we will be unable to defend ourselves against these problems without resorting to violence ourselves.

I am NOT advocating violence as a solution to any problem but I am saying that we have to take steps to defend ourselves from the increasing number of violents crimes that are occuring in our country.

Our police force, certainly in my local area, now routinely carry firearms because of this growing trend towards gun crime so should we not as private citizens be allowed like our friends and allies in the United States are allowed to bear arms in the peaceful pursuit of our daily lives and for self protection?

Unless of course those useless idiots who "govern" our country are willing to take much more drastic action to stop this trend towards more violent crime by perhaps actually punishing criminals for what they do and hanging those who murder, rape etc?

I know one of our members here like myself had some trouble with local thugs and like me was in some way under threat from these louts so I wonder if those louts would have been quite so brave had they known that the person they were trying to intimidate or in my own case mug, was armed and willing to defend themselves?

We have banned firearms in this country after the Dunblane massacre and yet there are more guns on our streets than ever before and largley I may add they are in the hands of criminals so where do we go from here?

Regards
Old 02-06-2006, 09:05 AM
Erik is offline Erik

Good debate, keep it going...