Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 04-22-2005, 01:10 AM
NAVSPECWARCOM is offline NAVSPECWARCOM

My Impression of DFX

Well first off, let me just say I like DFX. And if you ever read my posts at NW, you will see I am no big fan of JO or JO:E.

I like Playing CTF using vehicles. What a hoot! Nothing like swooping in on a helo with 3 other guys, scooping up some flags, and high-tailing it out of there.

I like the maps. Being an old DF1 player, it was nice to see Ice Floes (My all time favorite map).

It looks cleaner. Not so much damn haze as in JO.

I like that you run faster holding the knife (Why they changed that after BHD I have no clue)

But there are some issues too.

It lags like JO.

The sniper scopes look cheesy and they need Elevation and zoom ability.

The AT4s and Nades from M4 are too whimpy. You need a direct hit for them to be effective. C'mon, give me a break.

All in all, I think Nova did good. $20 bucks well spent.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:13 AM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
well, I can't wait to see the maps you put out.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:37 AM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
are stats out for it? or are they gonna have any?

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 04-22-2005, 11:43 AM
NAVSPECWARCOM is offline NAVSPECWARCOM

The Box says, "Free Online Stats". But after playing several hours yesterday, this was my account:

Player Statistics for Delta Force: Xtreme

NAVSPECWARCOM

STATISTICS

Time Played 0 min
Kills 0
Deaths 0
Kill / Death Ratio 0
Assist Point % 0%
Headshot Kills 0
Knife Kills 0
Double Kills 0
TKOTH Zone Time 0 min
Flag Save 0
Flag Capture 0
Flag Pickup 0
Overall Rank By Experience N/A

* Please note the STATS collection system is currently undergoing a trial phase which will
last a short period of time. The STATS collected are subject to reset during this trial phase.

Data is refreshed every 10 minutes.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:48 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
in other words the stats in are in testing/beta phase they are working on it so it going tobe reset like crazy, hell you may even make 1-star gen it be wipe clean, it be some time before they get it going 100% working order.

give it 3wks they are fine tuning it right now.
be luck JOTR it taken them 8mo before it even had stats for that game at all.
===========================================
Quote:
Originally posted by NAVSPECWARCOM
Well first off, let me just say I like DFX. And if you ever read my posts at NW, you will see I am no big fan of JO or JO:E.

It lags like JO.

they say they support dailup modems but real story they don't they have what is call a anti-lag cheat enforce, it make you skip back and forth do to their system can't see all the data flow going in.

this anti-lag cheat they are using really flame players even make some who are not even cheating lag worst then every before. no one like a cheap made game, that glitches when you move.

thanks for the warning i not going to buy it now. it the same crap JOTR as.

i am using a 56k and the JOTR-box lie: NL we support 56k modem not so.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 04-22-2005 at 09:59 PM.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:09 AM
EDGE is offline EDGE

Send a message via ICQ to EDGE Send a message via AIM to EDGE Send a message via Yahoo to EDGE
yeah, I heard about that. Thats why I won't start a STAT account until the beta phase is over.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:15 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

hmm interesting, $20? for u guys and then its £19.99 in the UK? $20 is only like £15 less .. what the f.

i played the game abit but only single player and well definatly on the 6th of May in buying this game
Old 04-23-2005, 10:37 AM
~MOUSE~ is offline ~MOUSE~

Only £14.99 at http://www.gameplay.co.uk/ .

Old 05-22-2005, 04:51 PM
wardogops is offline wardogops

NovaLogic's DFX Is for sissy's

Yes NovaLogic blew it again for the snipers in DFX. What is it with NL That they come up with way's to make sniping a pain in the ass. But you grab a auto and you can zoom in and never have your eye's off the screen just like JO..What a bunch of crap. Hey NOVA are you all a bunch of sissy's?. And try to R&G with any sniper gun after BHD and it's a JOKE. The DFX snipergun's are the worst of them all. What a shame I thought EXTREME ment what it said But not at Nova Truly a bunch of sissy's.Auto aim OMFG what a joke I say we take on nova's Team of programmers in a fight they can use there F...up sniper guns and we can use anything else. And besides it;s apparent that Nova Thinks
no one can play there games with out there help so whats next I dont want to know its a joke and its for sissy's who cant play or shoot...
Old 05-22-2005, 08:50 PM
VooDoo- is offline VooDoo-

sniping sucks dude...probly be better off proning with the SAW ..
Old 05-23-2005, 09:06 PM
miaebow is offline miaebow

Send a message via Yahoo to miaebow
Wink

Personally, I've liked all the Delta Force series for one reason or another. And there hasn't been one that didn't have its own little problems. I enjoy the map making part of it the most, as I get a certain satifaction knowing that people out there are playing something that I created.

I'm also always trying new things, like my latest map which is based on Death Race 2000. I like experimenting and seeing how far I can go. Look out for that map, it's called Racer2075. Not to be taken too seriously. lol
Old 06-03-2005, 03:00 AM
NightWing is offline NightWing

If your on 56k modem, you need to go to 2wire.com and have them test your signal strength. When i was in dial up I ran Jo and JoE just fine with out lag. What will cause a major problem with dial up is the wires in and out side of your home. You may have old wires in side or out side your house. acceptible Signal transfer rate for dial up in the united stats is at 14k. And the telephone companies wont do anything about it unless you pay them to upgrade your wires. The only other options is to get dsl, cable, or (worst case senerio) satilite.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:53 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Sad

I have recently reinstalled this game on my pc but I still cannot find any real merit in it. It's not a bad game but I just cannot get into it for some reason so it's back to BHD and LW for me.

Regards a still disappointed Baddog
Old 06-04-2005, 10:06 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
The only thing that makes it cool are the dirt bikes and helos
Old 06-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Buzz is offline Buzz

Send a message via Yahoo to Buzz
Its not a good sign when more ppl are playing BHD than DFX at any given time they probably should have put more time and effort into this game honestly I know a lot of ppl who are just waiting on BF2 to come out and it's cya later NovaLogic!
Old 06-30-2005, 03:10 AM
Grem is offline Grem

Plain My Impression of DFX

I have been playing DFX for a couple weeks now. So far I am somewhat disappointed. I was hoping that the gameplay would be better this time around. By better I mean more realistic. The problems are clearly seen in COOP play. Seems like every AI is using an AIMBOT. They know where you are even though they can't see you and should have no idea that you are there. The AI's have the ability to shoot through hills and buildings and walls. Now if we were to resort to AIMBOT's we would be banned (And rightly so). The AI's also have the ability to come back to life after they are killed and shoot you in the back. I could continue with more examples but what's the point? I was hoping that there would be less of a double standard in the gameplay. The authors don't seem interested in putting out a BETTER game just ANOTHER game. I will take quality over quantity any day. I don't see myself buying another NL game. Enough is enough. If they are not interested in the true quality of their products. I as a consumer am no longer interested in their products.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:01 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Re: My Impression of DFX

Quote:
Originally posted by Grem
I have been playing DFX for a couple weeks now. So far I am somewhat disappointed. I was hoping that the gameplay would be better this time around. By better I mean more realistic. The problems are clearly seen in COOP play. Seems like every AI is using an AIMBOT. They know where you are even though they can't see you and should have no idea that you are there. The AI's have the ability to shoot through hills and buildings and walls. Now if we were to resort to AIMBOT's we would be banned (And rightly so). The AI's also have the ability to come back to life after they are killed and shoot you in the back. I could continue with more examples but what's the point? I was hoping that there would be less of a double standard in the gameplay. The authors don't seem interested in putting out a BETTER game just ANOTHER game. I will take quality over quantity any day. I don't see myself buying another NL game. Enough is enough. If they are not interested in the true quality of their products. I as a consumer am no longer interested in their products.
the AI fall down after you shot them (in the real world) he been wounded and the AI fall to the ground next time walk over to him double check to see he dead or not, if he jump back to his feet shot him again and again as he down, then wait to see if the AI get back up again.

in life you shot some one they will fall down anyways, it don't mean they are down for good lol
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 06-30-2005, 07:42 AM
Buzz is offline Buzz

Send a message via Yahoo to Buzz
The probs with this game stretch way beyond the CO-OP missions
Old 07-12-2005, 07:53 PM
Joke*her is offline Joke*her

I have to agree with NAVSPECWARCOM.

It's not like it was tremendously expensive so with the
problems it has, I still like this game and agree that it's
$20 bucks well spent.

(DF2 and X-treme are now my two favorites in the series).

Old 07-14-2005, 08:19 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

RollEyes

Try as I might I cannot say this game is a positive step in the right direction for Nova, perhaps they have some thing radically new on the drawing board but for me I cannot take to this game.

A still disappointed Baddog