Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:18 AM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

Search for maps by Crazy Horse in DFX1 returned with 67 maps (NO SP)
many TDM, CTF etc etc with 500+ downloads..appears to be shy of individual mapping??
however shows great promise, please consider?
Old 03-24-2011, 08:11 AM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Horse View Post
I whole heartedly agree with the premise that fresh maps extended the longevity of the mentioned titles, and your awesome contributions have not gone unnoticed. (dave61 was instrumental in solving my physic mapping dilemas)

It would have been nice to see Nova release a new map once in a while... but being an avid supported since 1998, NL was never known for customer support. I have yet to convince myself to buy DFX2 if they can't seem to fix the stats of DFX in 18 months...

AF would have to provide a new level of customer support for me to be interested in it.
"I have yet to convince myself to buy DFX2 if they can't seem to fix the stats of DFX in 18 months..."

DFX2 cheap as now... $20
Convincing graphics.

Last edited by Guest001; 03-24-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMITE View Post
many TDM, CTF etc etc with 500+ downloads..appears to be shy of individual mapping??
Funny that I leave multi player maps to others. Maybe try one on wooden docks over water.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:51 AM
Crazy Horse is offline Crazy Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMITE View Post

We were a DF1 CTF squad. CTF is TDM with BAIT. We love it.
When DF2 came out, most of the cheaters left and went to the new game, so we stayed in DF1. Then LW came out and a LOT of cheaters went there, so we went back to DF1. Every time a new title came out, DF1 became more fun to play.
We stayed there until DFX came out, as it was initially touted as DF Reloaded... a remake of DF1 but with better graphics. Turns out graphics were great, but game physics had changed. In DFX, the rescaling of the soldier height made the (DF1) terrain much l a r g e r. The DFX soldier runs more than 10% faster (world class sprinter speed, at that) but since he's on a larger scaled DF1 terrain, it takes him a LOT longer to cover the ground that we knew like the back of our hand in DF1. Running across the floor of the ice field on Ice Floes in DF1 was not a problem. In DFx- it takes a week, and then, if you make it to the rim, most places a .50 cal shot wont make it to the tower.
In DF1 I carried the MP5 and supressed 22... don't even get me started on the kill cam.

Anyway, the changes were glaring to the 'old schoolers', so in an attempt to provide some sort of familiarity to those disappointed with how long it took to cover the same area in DFx they had been covering for 7 years, I made a lot of close quarter maps like we were familiar with. I can tell you, there is no way one team can collect 32 flags on the Three Mesa's map in 24 minutes, as was the case in the NW Marti Gras server (Outpost was 45 min). We also spent a lot of ammo in DDT's Saws&Laws server- pure CQB.
So that's why 95% of the maps I made for DFX were designed for CTF... but then it's easy to copy those CTF maps into the other game types (TDM, DM, KOTH, TKOTH) for others.

I only published 2 COOP maps (Helms Deep and Little Bighorn). Both are high volume, defensive positions. Fun to play with a group, but not really made for one single player.

At that time, not a lot of players that I played with were into the SP mode, so I didn't focus on that. Plus due to the high quality of SP maps that were coming out, I didn't see a lot of room for improvement building on those, so I stayed with what I felt would keep our group interested.
I have a million ideas for maps, but only so much time, you know how it is. I enjoyed the challenge of 'making stuff' with the limited items given to work with. I probably have 30 or so more maps that just need finished, just no time.

All of the maps I assembled have WFA in the name, not intended to claim authorship, but to keep them grouped together to make them easier to find on the host screen.

Some I didn't publish as they were WFA server exclusives, but there should be around 90 public ones. The majority had been uploaded at the Barracks for years, which is currently down. If I recall correctly, there was a loss of data here years ago in which several maps had inadvertantly been purged during a server swap... and I haven't gone through the list to see which are missing.

The way I look at it is this: I just checked, the sum of all WFA maps on this site have been downloaded 41,863 times. So if each map was downloaded an average of 624 times and the general community was able to get a few rounds of enjoyment out of it, then maybe it was worth the time it took to lay it out. My contribution is merely a drop in the bucket, but maybe it in some way extended the life cycle and prolonged the enjoyment of DF. I believe that to be the nature of the game.

Anyway- that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Last edited by Crazy Horse; 03-24-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stompem View Post
"I have yet to convince myself to buy DFX2 if they can't seem to fix the stats of DFX in 18+ months..."

DFX2 cheap as now... $20
Convincing graphics.
Yep, I played the Demo while it was available. Graphics were good enough.

Price really wasn't the issue. It was more the principle of paying for yet another unsupported game. Once bitten, err... twice...umm, three time... fourth..no wait.. it's five times bit..., no, it's SIX times bitten... then I'm going to shy away from purchasing and recommending further products.

If a company doesn't support their product, then over time, the consumer will stop supporting it also.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:32 PM

Many thanks for your above posts Crazy Horse, I and many here can sympathize with you on your position with Nova.

"M"
Old 03-28-2011, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Funny that I leave multi player maps to others. Maybe try one on wooden docks over water.
In my opinion you gotta have a very loose story, with quite a few tactical bottlenecks so you and ya cobber can both share in the 'fun'..whereas in SP, you the mapper can have a VERY strong story
that can make the player "FEEL" the experience, in other words 'do this or else' policy does work in SP but not so well in MP,
although I havn't mapped in a group effort for MP, that MAY work
as they say a camel was designed by a commitee...!
Old 03-28-2011, 03:36 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
CrazyHorse has the right to make whatever maps he likes !

I personally can't make MP maps, but I respect those who do !
Old 03-28-2011, 06:09 PM

If you make a MP map who plays them and how?
Old 03-28-2011, 06:52 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
If you make a MP map who plays them and how?
There are groups that request MP maps ( co-ops and TDMs ) to play on their servers. BTW, I also have been asked to convert some of my older maps to coops for MP use by some of those squads (even though I struggle with the convertion from SP to Co-op).

These groups play individually amongst themselfs and as challenges between rival squads.

As you may see, they do download the MP maps from the NHQ database.

Myself, I lack the knowledge for the KOTH, CTF and other MP maps so I stuck with SP and struggled with the Co-op maps.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave61 View Post
There are groups that request MP maps ( co-ops and TDMs ) to play on their servers. BTW, I also have been asked to convert some of my older maps to coops for MP use by some of those squads (even though I struggle with the convertion from SP to Co-op).

These groups play individually amongst themselfs and as challenges between rival squads.

As you may see, they do download the MP maps from the NHQ database.

Myself, I lack the knowledge for the KOTH, CTF and other MP maps so I stuck with SP and struggled with the Co-op maps.
Thanks Dave, I guess one way would be to study previous maps
Old 04-03-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Is it canceled? I haven't heard anything in a very long time
Hope this really is new and "hot!".
This is on the Novalogic homepage
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen003.jpg (38.4 KB, 9 views)
Old 04-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
Quote:
Hope this really is new and "hot!".
This is on the Novalogic homepage
I guarantee you that's not for Angel Falls, but rather for more gold services that yoink more money to fund Angel Falls.

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 04-04-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstenger404 View Post
I guarantee you that's not for Angel Falls, but rather for more gold services that yoink more money to fund Angel Falls.
Gold services don't have anything to offer that interests me at the moment as I am rarely on the server(s) and mainly building SP maps at home in the lounge room.
As long as they use the extra krull to develop AF...because I will buy it.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:20 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
Surely, Nova wouldn't do that.

Would they ?

Beat a dead Horse ... maybe, squeeze blood from a turnip ... perhaps?

But push more Gold member services ?!? Nah ...

Last edited by dave61; 04-04-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:48 AM

Smile

Quote:
Totally agree with you Mstenger404, they must have some serious cashflow issues at Nova, but as Dave once said about charging for gold services???

....you must be joking??

"M"
Old 04-06-2011, 07:03 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

I never really understood the logic behind actually needing a Gold Memebership.

What exactly do you get from a Gold membership?

What advantages are there for having a Gold membership?

Do you get to play unlimited on Novaworld servers?

Special privaledges on Novaworld forums?

Nevermind ...

This is what you get by being a gold member :

"Upgrade your NovaWorld account with Gold Membership: Faster, cheat protected servers, squad support, custom pages, game stats and more! Exclusive content, first-look access to new games and behind the scenes with development. "
Old 04-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
Any gold members here know what's going on behind the scenes?

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 04-07-2011, 04:57 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
you pay the right to spam on novaworld forum till the end of time as a gold member!

that's is why they let spammer have their ways there
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 04-07-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:

"....Faster, cheat protected servers, .... "

I read that and LITERALLY laughed out loud. Novaworld hasn't had a cheat protected server for 13 years. Remember DFX was supposed to have 'advanced cheat protection"? LOL right... pull my OTHER leg and it plays jingle bells. In DF1 the only cheat protection we had was the ability to put a password on our self-hosted server. The only cheat deterrant programs like IP Logger came from members of the community.

I sent Nova hundreds of email requests for cheat protection through the years only to get the same form letter IF they replied at all. I have NO reason to believe this time is any different.

"Whiskey One this is Bravo, request cheat protection, Over."
"Bravo this is Whiskey One, Request Denied."

On the back of the DFX box is says "Cheat Crackdown – the new game engine allows for cheaters to be more easily tracked and banned."
How's that working out for ya? LOL
I bet THIS TIME they mean it, though.
Quote:

".... squad support, custom pages, game stats and more! Exclusive content, first-look access to new games and behind the scenes with development. "
Squad support? We've been on our own for 13 years, what do they want to help us with now?

Custom pages? I'm not paying more for a different color. If the game is good enough, I don't NEED a website.

Game stats? GAME STATS? Are they anything like DFX stats? Oh wait.. DFX stats have been down for years. That SHOWS me they can't deliver that promise either.

Res Ipsa loquitor is a latin phrase that means, the facts speak for themselves.

There is ABSOLUTELY nothing new and nothing worth paying for. Not even the promises are new.

Last edited by Crazy Horse; 04-07-2011 at 12:20 PM.