Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 02-22-2004, 07:06 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Post Install stalls at 99% when I try to install Delta Force – Black Hawk Down

PROBLEM:
Install stalls at 99% when I try to install Delta Force – Black Hawk Down.

RESOLUTION:
If the Install Shield seems to stall at 99% during installation, chances are that there is another program running in the background of Windows that is utilizing resources that are required by the Install Shield. And the Install Shield is just waiting for its turn to run.

If you are using Windows XP or 2000 you can use this method to free the require resources for the installation process: First you will want to reboot your computer to refresh your RAM memory. Once Windows is back up and running press and hold the "Ctrl" and "Alt" keys and tap the "Delete" key.

This will open up a window with options like shut down, log off, and task manager. If you click on task manager it will give you a window labeled "Windows Task Manager". There are a couple of tabs on this page on of which is labeled "Processes". If you click on that tab it will give you a list of 20 or more programs that are running in windows, along with information about how much of the computer\'s resources these programs are running. You\'ll want to take a look at the user associated with these programs. Some of them will be used by "system" and others will be used by user names like "User01" or "Jessica". You\'ll want to highlight and then "end task" on all of the user associated programs with the exception of "explorer". Once you\'ve done this, simply cancel out of the Windows Task Manager and try to install the game as you have in the past.

IF you are using Windows 98 or ME use this method:
Reboot the computer to refresh RAM. Once Windows is back up and running press and hold the "Ctrl" and "Alt" keys and tap the "Delete" key. This will bring up the Close Program screen. End Task on everything EXCEPT Explorer and Systray.
Now try the installation again.