Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

View Poll Results: God or No god?
yes 44 63.77%
no 21 30.43%
I don't know I stupid because I don't have an opinion 4 5.80%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2004, 08:21 PM
FUÑÑY (*¿*) is offline FUÑÑY (*¿*)

Send a message via AIM to FUÑÑY (*¿*)
science= the "observation" identification, description, experimental investigation, and "theoretical explanation of natural phenomena" ---> yeah i believe in science too, even took it in high school

the Bible talks about dinosaurs also...look in Psalms - Leviathian

Gen1:1-2 In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was "without form and void"... ---> yes the ice age existed

------------------------
why is there so much suffering? Gen. 3:14 "Because thou hast done this, thou art "cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field, upon thy belly shalt thou go, and the dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life." ---> call it a curse or whatever you want to but man made this bed that we all have to lie in

-----------------------

true to yourself? no one must be true to God once this happens you will naturally want to be true to yourself as well as your neighbor
---> God always was and will be
---> a myth ... nah ... there is nothing in the Bible that contridicts itself ... the origin, the prophecies, the characters, the truths ... even science itself points back to scripture

sidebar -------- scientists have an account of everyday dating back to early times ... they missed a period of 15 hours but then someone reffered them back to scriptures where God held the sun up until a battle was won and then they found their missing time

Quote:
Nor will I describe what I believe. I might be Muslim, Buddhist or Catholic, thats not the point.
no offense -- but i looks like your on the outside of the circle looking in .... or it sounds like someone who complains about politics, but not registered to vote

---------------------
anywho .... as it was stated earlier .. i would rather believe just in case the Bible was in fact the CORRECT belief ... if it's not .... I have been blessed during my life time anyway

See you on the battlefield ... FACE down

Novahq.net GFX #9 SOTW WINNER
Assaulter.net SOTW 27 WINNER
Assaulter.net SOTW 32 WINNER
Old 04-09-2004, 08:27 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

I believe in God go to Church every Sunday ...
Old 04-20-2004, 07:24 PM
blueprint is offline blueprint

Send a message via ICQ to blueprint Send a message via AIM to blueprint
Quote:
Originally posted by Reticle
For those of you who don't believe, please explain to me how random bits of matter floating about in space after the big bang somehow managed to arrange themselves into a living organism, and then that living organism managed to survive long enough in the incredibly inhospitable time of the beginning to reproduce, and eventually evolve into a lifeform as complex as humans are.

did you pay attention in science class? this is how it went

big bang >> earth was formed >> unicellular organisms evolved into plants and multicellular organisms

***note: this is the big bang theory or whatever condensed into three steps.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:54 PM
the þrox™ is offline the þrox™

Send a message via ICQ to the þrox™ Send a message via AIM to the þrox™
EVOLUTION .

----------------------------------------
[Presents: ++]

Sigs Made: [29]
Old 04-22-2004, 05:58 AM

science class???? to many if's there ... so many teachers teach their own agenda, too many different textbooks based upon too many different theories. too many school systems teaching what they think is best. too many hands in the pot make for a diseased outcome.

big bang? someone had to make the bullet for the smoking gun ... did it didn't shoot all by itself? who pulled the trigger?

takes far more faith to believe in evolution than it does to simply trust in the Creator and the facts that we can prove true

Old 04-22-2004, 11:06 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
there is a god he only works part time, ever 1-4 Thousand years or so he come into work and do his job then leave.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 04-22-2004, 04:04 PM

i think Thomas Jefferson was a deist too.

i think a deist believes that There is a God but it was like ... God created everything but then left to go on a vacation so it can run by itself

I think that God is an active participant here and now I'm proof that there is a God... not much proof but none the less

Old 04-22-2004, 04:48 PM
blueprint is offline blueprint

Send a message via ICQ to blueprint Send a message via AIM to blueprint
Quote:
Originally posted by FUÑÑY (*¿*)
science class???? to many if's there ... so many teachers teach their own agenda, too many different textbooks based upon too many different theories. too many school systems teaching what they think is best. too many hands in the pot make for a diseased outcome.

big bang? someone had to make the bullet for the smoking gun ... did it didn't shoot all by itself? who pulled the trigger?

takes far more faith to believe in evolution than it does to simply trust in the Creator and the facts that we can prove true

who made god? point, set, game, match.

saying there's too many theories is dumb I could just say there's too many religions believing diff. things..
Old 04-26-2004, 05:49 PM
DarkWolfShadow is offline DarkWolfShadow

OPINION - a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty.

BELIEF - any cognitive content held as true.

PROOF - any factual evidence that helps to establish the truth of something.

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you".

Sound good?

Believe or don't believe?

Leave it to the "war-mongers". It's for them to start a war over a topic that billions have argued over for more than two millennia, not for you to create a war of words.

& please remember to give your support to those of us here in Iraq fighting a war based on "beliefs"

PS. It's a good topic for a discussion blueprint - but @ the right time in the right location.

My opinion is AGNOSTIC - a person who believes that, at our present level of knowledge, we CANNOT know whether or not a God exists

Have fun!
Old 04-26-2004, 05:49 PM
DarkWolfShadow is offline DarkWolfShadow

OPINION - a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty.

BELIEF - any cognitive content held as true.

PROOF - any factual evidence that helps to establish the truth of something.

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you".

Sound good?

Believe or don't believe?

Leave it to the "war-mongers". It's for them to start a war over a topic that billions have argued over for more than two millennia, not for you to create a war of words.

& please remember to give your support to those of us here in Iraq fighting a war based on "beliefs"

PS. It's a good topic for a discussion blueprint - but @ the right time in the right location.

My opinion is AGNOSTIC - a person who believes that, at our present level of knowledge, we CANNOT know whether or not a God exists

Have fun!
Old 04-27-2004, 03:36 PM
Kandi is offline Kandi

holy geez you guys! you are arguing and fighting and calling down each others opinion... an opinion is just that, an opinion and we should be able to have our own opinions without other people calling us down for them and trying to make us believe their opinion... this has turned into a 13 page fight not a poll and not a conversation... the whole first page is filled with insults and people calling each other a**holes... calm down... there could have been a option for none of your business but why then did you have to respond (not even taking the profanity into consideration here which i think was way out of line)... and why did you have to encourage but responding to his comment... people come on here to have a good time not fight and be called down... i am really disappointed but thats besides the point... the point is ---> everyone has a right to their own opinion and you shouldnt dislike a person or call them down because they have one.

Personally i dont know if there is a god there is stuff to convince us that there is but htere isnt proof that there is either... thanks for an outlet for my opinion

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
The only thing that is my fault is me not having any faults.
Quote:
My english teacher wanted to flunk me in junior high. Thanks a lot, next semester I'll be 35.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:45 PM

WORD ... opinions are for everyone to voice

just like you did bro. gj

People may or may not believe in God ... My faith still stands

others have none ... it'll just be sad if one of my DF friends miss the boat because of a lack of faith

Old 04-28-2004, 10:40 PM
Kandi is offline Kandi

Quote:

*wonders who he was calling bro and hopes its not her...* lol just joking...

i hope everyone follows their own opinions and beliefs and doesnt just follow someone elses that way you know you are real and can be glad you followed your own thoughts and beleifs. That way you can look back on it one day and have no regrets like you followed someone elses beleifs and never really "lived" everyone needs to work on stuff like that no matter what so good luck all
Old 04-28-2004, 10:40 PM
Kandi is offline Kandi

Quote:

*wonders who he was calling bro and hopes its not her...* lol just joking...

i hope everyone follows their own opinions and beliefs and doesnt just follow someone elses that way you know you are real and can be glad you followed your own thoughts and beleifs. That way you can look back on it one day and have no regrets like you followed someone elses beleifs and never really "lived" everyone needs to work on stuff like that no matter what so good luck all
Old 05-01-2004, 07:34 PM
SwiftSniper232 is offline SwiftSniper232

Send a message via AIM to SwiftSniper232
There is no thory for the big bang we have proof of it, same with all the other stuff...
Old 05-03-2004, 07:58 AM

who has proof ?

what is the proof ?

Old 05-04-2004, 05:53 PM
JakeTKD is offline JakeTKD

Send a message via AIM to JakeTKD
I believe

"Christianity is not a religion, it is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ"

Yes I believe in God, infact I love God.

Lets see there is the big bang thing, and then Darwin's theory. They make sense, and yet they don't. They teach that in our schools.

It is funny that in schools... they want to get rid of praying, bibles, crosses so forth, any thing that has to do with Christianity. It is funny that a lot of cuss words have to do with God or Jesus. And now they are trying to get rid of the word "God" when we pledge allegiance to the United States. I can tell you right now, the US has gone too far, and it will keep going down hill.

''If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, therefore the world hates you.
"Remember the world that I said to you, 'A slave is not greater then his master.' If they persecute Me, they wil also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also. "But all these things they will do to you, for My name's sake, becouse they do not know the One who sent Me
"If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin."
"He who hates Me hates My Father also."
John 19:21

"What is the truth?"

Don't take my word for it, read the bible and find out for your self.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:47 PM
Kaleb is offline Kaleb

Send a message via AIM to Kaleb
Quote:
If there was a god, why would he be lettin mother****a's get smoked every night? Babies N ****.
-ICE Cube, Boyz In The Hood.

How about this, if god was a woman.

Quote:
If god was a bitch, we wouldnt have no nuclear bombs, no wars, you know why?? Cuz thats not in a bitch's nature.
GOD IS NOT REAL, MAN THOUGHT UP, NO PROOF JESUS EVER EXISTED, BIBLES ARE COMPLETELY MADE UP BY MAN DUH!

I hate Canada! Canadians are completely worthless, they're only good for their bacon!
Old 05-08-2004, 10:50 PM
Kaleb is offline Kaleb

didnt jesus christ go to the cross so we wouldnt have to suffer and have pain????? wtf went wrong

I hate Canada! Canadians are completely worthless, they're only good for their bacon!
Old 05-08-2004, 10:51 PM
Kaleb is offline Kaleb

jesus walks into a hotel and says can you put me up for the night??? lol thats a very old, but funny joke