Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 03-27-2003, 02:14 PM
A TIN OF SOUP is offline A TIN OF SOUP

BHD Full Game Server crashing ......

After purchasing the game today I added several custom made maps (made in the official final release med pack) to my server, I started hosting from the first stock map, server was fine and all maps played well then into the customs which also played well, the problem is when the last custom map finished and cycle should load first stock map you get an error saying "unable to load mission file" and the game closes. So I uninstalled the game and tried again same thing happened, I tried this on my second PC and 5 other peeps tried and all got the same thing. Can anyone help with this or is it a Bug in the game code?

The A TIN OF SQUAD http://www.atinof.com
Old 03-27-2003, 03:20 PM
BMB is offline BMB

I believe that sounds like the same problem that my dedicated servers having , i posted already in this phorum about this .Not sure if its the same thing as a SYSDUMP.

Sounds like that when your server hits the last map it wont cycle back to the first map and begin the map order from the very beginning .When i hosted and tested out my server i kept asking everyone how the server was running and everyone said it was great , then i decided to have a break and come back to find that the server had shutt down ???
Old 03-27-2003, 06:34 PM
BLADE =GH= is offline BLADE =GH=

Send a message via ICQ to BLADE =GH=
Its ping related they say
they raise up and everyone on the server is dead and then punted saying pings to high
ok im on 56k so.... but m8's on high speed cable get the same thing, all i can say is get used to being punted EVERY GAME OR TWO
I wrote a page out of bugs and problems with BHD but gave up after the first page
Tiles don't line up properly in map editor
Fall through building roofs
looking through walls and builds....
Old 03-27-2003, 06:53 PM
BMB is offline BMB

There is a file within the game directory that you can edit the folder name is called dfv.cfg open with "notepad" , now what they say is that you can edit within that folder to change some game settings .The only thing that i changed in it so far is the ping setting , i've changed it to a higher setting so that some of the dial-up players wont get punted i'm not sure that it works but the last time i hosted there wasnt that many people being auto punted.

I'm wondering that maybe with this new setup that "NOLOGIC" has with the server being able to set it up so that a player has to login to Nova before they can enter a public server.That maybe causing the problems because i turned that feature off so that its just open to the public without having to login into to Novaworld.
Old 03-28-2003, 02:07 AM

This problem is nothing to do with the high ping punt, This was added to the game for sevral reasons such as preventing players from choking there bandwidth. This is an error in the game code that is stopping us hosts from holding a 24/7 server...

Old 03-28-2003, 02:19 PM
BMB is offline BMB

I sent out a email support letter to NOLOGIC hopefully they will reply faster than they usaully do , but when i get their reply i will post it here for all to read .Other than that i'm still have the same problems i tried hosting different games ie:TDM ,TKOTH and the same thing happens .Today it punted everyone out of the server pretty much even myself , i cant believe a huge gaming company would release such a piece of crap thats not able to do what its suppost to do.They should liable for releasing this crap out like this , or else they should get their friggin techs on this right away to patch it .
Old 03-30-2003, 05:05 AM

OK looks like the update has sorted this issue.