Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:14 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
how green can you get or get better green

i looking into getting wind power to generate Elec-power
and maybe solar panels as will for making Elec-power or tubing to heat water.

at: www.power-save.com

got to say i really not that green right now! but i am trying to get there

3/4 of my land is woodland i even have deer running around it
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 08-11-2008 at 09:20 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Luckz is offline Luckz

Send a message via AIM to Luckz Send a message via Yahoo to Luckz
Theres a lot of stuff you can do to make your house green. Building green at the moment is such an isanely good idea, especially making your Home LEED certified.

Solar paneling, and Wind power are two huge ideas, and even in some respects you can reverse meter your power to electric companies. But they will rape you only paying you a third of what they charge their customers for electricity.

Removing yourself from the grid once you can make enough steady power is a great choice.

Will, also check into grey water systems, another good good thing to do.

Haha, wow architecture class is paying off. Surprised...

SOTW #1 Winner

Old 08-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Chief ADFP

did you know there even a car that can run on total air? a gallion of air can get you 106 miles, 2010 they think they can get a engine/car release on the market

boy that would knock all the oil company right out of the market, you can bet the oil companys will put a stop to it as will.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:46 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
Quote:
Originally posted by William
did you know there even a car that can run on total air? a gallion of air can get you 106 miles, 2010 they think they can get a engine/car release on the market

boy that would knock all the oil company right out of the market, you can bet the oil companys will put a stop to it as will.
It doesn't run entirely on air, you still have to use some other form of fuel to get that 106 miles.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Chief ADFP

yep it dose

Quote:
small quote, read more use the link above

That's the idea behind the compressed air car, which backers say could achieve a fuel economy of 106 miles per gallon.

Plenty of skepticism exists, but with many Americans trying to escape sticker shock at the gas pump, the concept is generating buzz.

The technology has been the focus of MDI, a European company founded in 1991 by a French inventor and former race car engineer.

New York-based Zero Pollution Motors is the first firm to obtain a license from MDI to produce the cars in the United States, pledging to deliver the first models in 2010 at a price tag of less than $18,000.

raad more at the Source: http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/08/08/air.car/index.html

use Air compress and batteries
your right it would need some minner fuel to heat the air for the engine

Quote:
Since the car could only go a short distance when using just air, fuel is needed to get the full range, he explained.

"Above 35 mph, there is an external combustion system, which is basically a heater that uses a little bit of gasoline or biofuel or ethanol or vegetable oil that will heat the air," Vencat said.

"Heating the air increases its volume, and by increasing its volume, it increases [the car's] range. That's why with one gallon of gasoline or its equivalent we are able to make over 100 mpg." See what the engine looks like"

Vencat said an on-board compressor would refill the air tank while the car is running, or owners could refill it by plugging it into a power outlet for four hours.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 08-11-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:18 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Chief it uses a Gas/E80 engine to heat the air tanks so it does not completely run on air.

There is a company called NanoSolar that is supposed to make really cheap solar cells that are printed, unfortunately they are sold out at the moment.

I want to get some solar panels and a large air tank. I'd have the solar panels go into a capacitor and then be attached to a compressor that would fill the storage tank. When the electicity needs to be generated some air is released and the electicity is generated. This way there is no need for batteries.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Chief ADFP

but what happen if there a cloudy day
Old 08-12-2008, 12:29 AM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

im bout to make a self sustaind generation system using a very large verson of what i built and run my house on it, all i need is 55miles of wire, no idea where im gona get that.

if ya got a well, run a coil of tubeing into it, it should be 58*F year around down a well, and run this into a radiator in ya house and have a fan behind it, it will cool ya house to 60*F or below and only take the power to run the pump and fan, and if ya use the motors like im experimenting with, draw almost no juice.

i got some interesting ideas to make one of these motors generate 120Vac and still charge the batteries while it is running something, i might be able to get it to work, for the motor power consumption doesnt go up with load the way i got it set up, but rather it increases in speed when a load is placed on the output, and being it draws almost no power under load im certain i can get it to self sustain or come dam close while running lighting or something, ive laread been able to get over 1000Vac out of it whiles pumping 48Vdc into it and drawing less than .028A and .1Vdc, remeber i fried my 1000v digital meter.

ill set everything up and film it running fer ya sometime this week, gota figure out where i can find a server to post clips and vid thoe.

ill set it up and run a small floresent tube direct with high frequency 500Vac.

ill have to use webcam, good camera craped itself after it got droped off poarch, lol.

well scratch that, it got a lot more than 500Vac output, i just run it and getting a 1/8in arc between the terminals and only putting 24Vdc in, corse i changed the capicitor to 300Vdc camera cap on the preoutput side.

Last edited by Mauser 98K; 08-12-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:14 AM
"ath-hole"

You can post to youtube or I'll host em for you.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:07 AM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
you know, those small cars like that are said to be safe, but actually ain't, I have done a project in college with my class mates in my one engineering class, and did some research and those cars are not that safe, especially those small cars that they are making for i think India, pff might as well bend over and kiss your arse good bye if your about to crash.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Chief ADFP

but if they make them like old 60s dun buggys they would work rollbars lol
Old 08-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Luckz is offline Luckz

Send a message via AIM to Luckz Send a message via Yahoo to Luckz
Muaser, you can use my web host if you want. Just pm me and let me know

SOTW #1 Winner

Old 08-12-2008, 12:40 PM
"ath-hole"

Yeah, I heard that from my professor as well sharpie. They have high saftey ratings for the size of the car but a smart car vs an SUV....yuck
Old 08-12-2008, 03:30 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
o yea William, i want a dune buggy period, dunno if they are legal but get a license plate and there ya go, STREET LEGAL!!

Old 08-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Chief ADFP

you do know they were VMW Bugs
really good on fuel
Old 08-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

some1 will have to tell me if this came out ok, my connnection to slow to really check, lol.

it is crappy reslution i know, but only camera i got now, the 2 batteries are 12v in series, 24Vdc input.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:12 PM
"ath-hole"

Crazy
Old 08-18-2008, 04:49 AM
KU43 is offline KU43

GREEN

The first internal combustion engine was invented 30 years before oil was turned into gas. It ran on water. When a small amount of water has a few volts of electricty added to it it produces hydrogen. One quart of water produces 1,800 cubic feet of hydrogen with an octane rating of 120. I have already made my first fuel cell and am now making a larger one for my 74 chevy 4 wheel drive truck. It will double or triple my milage. The only polution from hydrogen is water.

Now I'm not smarter than the average bear. But a man named Stan Myers was and had made a car that ran on 100% hydrogen. He was offered $1 billinn by OPEC to shelf his invention but was more deadicated to helping his fellow man. He was poisoned about 10 years ago and died, his car and alot of his work were stolden but his twin brother has all that is left of his work on a web page. Also alot can be found out about it at Youtube.

Now I don't believe in that old "BIG OIL" bull **** line some of our elected felons are trying to sell us because there are 500 different companies selling us 85% of our oil. The other 15% comming from ma and pa's backyard wells producing a few barrels a week. But I do believe our economy around the world is based on oil and a few rich blood sucking bankers who all know about hydrogen. I know hydrogen can be made as you drive with 12 volts. I also know when a president I voted for twice tells the American people he is giving $40 billion of the tax payers cash for the development of hydrogen fueling stations he is a no good SOB'ing lier.

So you see that green **** is for Al Gore groupies and the tree humping morons that have us paying out the nose at the pumps. Until we pull our heads out and say enough is enough instead of falling for this "the world is going to end" mentality expect more of the same from the bankers and the morons that follow them. If the world was ending from polution it would have done it in the 60's when every city had brown smog hanging over them that would burn your eyes and lungs and even eat the paint off your car.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:00 AM
KU43 is offline KU43

Mauser try lowering voltage and adding more plates. But right on bro, screw these bankers.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:27 AM
Chief ADFP

Re: GREEN

Quote:
Originally posted by KU43
The first internal combustion engine was invented 30 years before oil was turned into gas. It ran on water. When a small amount of water has a few volts of electricty added to it it produces hydrogen. One quart of water produces 1,800 cubic feet of hydrogen with an octane rating of 120. I have already made my first fuel cell and am now making a larger one for my 74 chevy 4 wheel drive truck. It will double or triple my milage. The only polution from hydrogen is water.

Now I'm not smarter than the average bear. But a man named Stan Myers was and had made a car that ran on 100% hydrogen. He was offered $1 billinn by OPEC to shelf his invention but was more deadicated to helping his fellow man. He was poisoned about 10 years ago and died, his car and alot of his work were stolden but his twin brother has all that is left of his work on a web page. Also alot can be found out about it at Youtube.

Now I don't believe in that old "BIG OIL" bull **** line some of our elected felons are trying to sell us because there are 500 different companies selling us 85% of our oil. The other 15% comming from ma and pa's backyard wells producing a few barrels a week. But I do believe our economy around the world is based on oil and a few rich blood sucking bankers who all know about hydrogen. I know hydrogen can be made as you drive with 12 volts. I also know when a president I voted for twice tells the American people he is giving $40 billion of the tax payers cash for the development of hydrogen fueling stations he is a no good SOB'ing lier.

So you see that green **** is for Al Gore groupies and the tree humping morons that have us paying out the nose at the pumps. Until we pull our heads out and say enough is enough instead of falling for this "the world is going to end" mentality expect more of the same from the bankers and the morons that follow them. If the world was ending from polution it would have done it in the 60's when every city had brown smog hanging over them that would burn your eyes and lungs and even eat the paint off your car.
you do know Al Gore is in it for the money right? he really can careless if we all use import oil or trash the planet. he making a lot of money people buy veggie type fuel! he got his money into so he like to have a return on his money so he making a big stink (Ads) about the earth going to hell faster then anyone think it really going. is a scam.

personnal the asker is a old age one, get a horse and ride as much as you like. big trucks and jets liners as will beside some fool law enforcement people! who drive a car 24/7 all hours and weeklong should really look into saving money.

can you think what the fuel cost for your local police Dept be like? they hit the road all hours of the day and night mostly none stop 24/7 a week $$$$$ if they go green they can use the savng for better things.

i really think the best clean burning fuel is L//P fuel

Last edited by Hellfighter; 08-18-2008 at 05:35 AM.