Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Call of Duty

Call of Duty Anything about the Call of Duty / Modern Warfare series of games.

Old 02-21-2010, 05:29 PM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

So let's talk bold.

I just played through the story mode, and damn Infinity Ward isn't afraid of offending anyone. I thought it was a very bold story.

Pissed off American General goes rogue to prove his point that people are too politically correct to be preemptive. Shocking, but I liked it.

Old 02-21-2010, 05:37 PM
RedrumSalad is offline RedrumSalad
"dalasmurdeR"

ha, i thought the same thing, i see u got ur new system, we should play sometime, anyway, one thing i do not get is why (*********SPOILER*********) Shepherd betrays u, i heard Price say he's cleaning house, but i dont get why.

btw, what was ur fav mission(s)?

Some say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire, well I say the best weapon is the one you only have to fire once, thats how i do it, thats how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - General George S. Patton

"Heroes are remembered, but legends never die" - The Sandlot

Whatever doesn't kill you hurts like a bitch.

R.I.P Murphy
September 10, 1995 - April 21, 2010
Old 02-21-2010, 06:45 PM
.Simon. is offline .Simon.

Im guessing he's on a power trip and wants to eliminate people who are against him, usual dictatorship-typed thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
next person to post half naked gets banned
Old 02-21-2010, 08:17 PM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
NOTE SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-

-

the Gulag would have to be one of my favorite missions..... it was very shocking when we found Cpt price as a prisoner. I thought he died in MW1.......
Old 02-21-2010, 08:20 PM
"dalasmurdeR"

yea, simon, ur probably right

SK, they somehow restarted his heart after he passed u the pistol and killed zakhaev

Some say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire, well I say the best weapon is the one you only have to fire once, thats how i do it, thats how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - General George S. Patton

R.I.P Murphy
Old 02-21-2010, 09:42 PM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
well still, no one really knew if he lived or died.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:35 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
It's quite simple why Shepherd was cleaning house - the intel you were getting from Makarov's computer obviously would have had some sort of information that would show he staged the whole attack on the United States. So he kills everyone.

I had actually thought the moment Price went rogue to launch the missile, it thought it would be him that would be the antagonist later on in the story... It did sound feasible at the time given his experience and time in the gulag.

Favourite mission? Takedown - no it isn't hard on veteran.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 02-22-2010, 12:37 AM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
I agree, very shocking content but its badass

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 02-22-2010, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
It's quite simple why Shepherd was cleaning house - the intel you were getting from Makarov's computer obviously would have had some sort of information that would show he staged the whole attack on the United States. So he kills everyone.

I had actually thought the moment Price went rogue to launch the missile, it thought it would be him that would be the antagonist later on in the story... It did sound feasible at the time given his experience and time in the gulag.

Favourite mission? Takedown - no it isn't hard on veteran.
Yeah same here about Price being the antagonist. The game is full of twists though, loved every second of it.

Quote:
Old 02-22-2010, 08:03 AM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

The reason Shepherd went rogue is because he lost 30,000 soldiers in that nuclear attack in Modern Warfare 1. If you remember the story mode someone on the Defense Cabinet says "we should have listened to you in the beginning, whatever you need you have a blank check."

He got tired of people ignoring him thinking he was an old paranoid man. He blew that CIA op's cover so that the russians would attack. Then has to make sure the intel from Makarov doesn't get in to the wrong hands so that his war machine gains momentum to take out the targets he feels are responsible for the first game.

That's my take on it anyways.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:56 AM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
Anyone have a pirate copy I can play the SP? I boycotted them over the dedi server issue and wont pay them a penny. If not.. Oh well but the SP campaign sounds interesting.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 02-22-2010, 09:09 AM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

non dedicated servers is going to be the thing of the future...If a company has dedicated servers for a game then they cannot control when people stop playing it, thus not being able to "force" them in to buying their new product.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:35 AM

Which is bull****. I know theres nothing we can do about it, but they are killing the PC gaming community. I don't play MW2 multiplayer anymore, COD4 is better by far.

Quote:
Old 02-22-2010, 12:15 PM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

Well look at DF2 for example...10+ years old and servers still up and running. That wouldn't be the case if the servers had to run through the company network. here's what I do not understand though with the recent game shut downs on XBOX live and PSN...the games run Peer to Peer so that can only mean that the game companies are paying to block access for those games through live/psn.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:47 PM
"dalasmurdeR"

im surprised MW1 is still open then, i played it a few days ago, its an ugly game (no offense simon), barely anybody plays it

R.I.P Murphy
Old 02-22-2010, 03:19 PM

Your kidding right? There were tonnes of people playing when I was on the other day and my favourite servers are still always full when I try to join.

Yeah they are full of smack talk, but it's the fact you know who are the regulars on the servers, the search options and for me, the connections to the servers I play on are flawless, so like Bustin said, other than the fact they can terminate MW2 when the third one comes out, I don't see why they ditched dedi servers.

Quote:
Old 02-22-2010, 05:37 PM
"dalasmurdeR"

simon, i meant on the 360

guess i shoulda added that

R.I.P Murphy
Old 02-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
Nova could kill DF2 easily enough by just shutting down the server lobby. only the die hard players would bother trying to play through Hamachi. Any modern game today you cannot join LAN without first logging into the network to play it. So dropping support for a game now is even easier.

Dropping dedicated servers was just IW saving money by not needing to create dedi server software, and a server browser. its cheaper for them to just make 1 interface for all platforms. Instead of writing the code for a server browser to work on consoles they took the easy way out and dropped it altogether. basicly they told PC players "bend over, and we forgot the vaseline."

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 02-22-2010, 11:18 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
I'm sure what was in CoD4 could have been upgraded to MW2 without too much trouble. Maybe I'm wrong (please correct me if so) but MW2 doesn't feel like a huge step up from CoD4.

My theory is that IW thought the idea of having all three platforms pretty much equal would be better, but it didn't turn out well. I've played MW2 on the PS3 a few times already and it is tedious waiting for the game to try and match you with other players (however there is an option to join a friend's game if it helps).
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 02-23-2010, 06:02 AM

Nah it doesn't help. It put you in the lobby with your friend, but then you still have to go through all the matchmaking BS. Most of the time I must say it is pretty quick, but then theres times when you'll find a few people, then it will just lose the connection, and repeat this about 4/5 times. And also the host migration does my tits in. It can never seem to find a decent host.

Quote: