Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 01-23-2002, 06:30 AM
dragoncreator is offline dragoncreator

DV's dialog editor

I found this dialog editor (for both text and custom wav files) on the Terranova site. Since I can't seem to log into the forum there, I'll post my questions here.

Half of the time the exported dialog file works perfectly. The other times, the game loads, but no dialog (text nor sound) works. Could it be that my map has too much stuff in it? I had other problems directly related to that, but are now fixed. Do I need to reboot any time the dialog file is edited? Or, does this happen a lot with this program?

If anyone has any experience with the dialog editor please pass along your thoughts or results. Anyone with any ideas?
Old 01-23-2002, 06:36 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
i was asked to write a tutorial for this, but ive never used it. i'll see if i have some time to download it and give u some feedback if i can figure it out lol
Old 01-23-2002, 06:43 PM
Sandman is offline Sandman
DF-HQ Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Sandman Send a message via AIM to Sandman
If you're trying to use wav files from two different master files, it wont work. You may know that. Also make sure you save often. You may know that too. But I have found if you try to do too much in one sitting, the map won't function properly. I suggest placing the event and sound event, save, test and see what happens. Doing it one event at a time may seem like a pain in the arse(guys from England, is the spelling correct there?), but it is better than finding out what you just did don't work! This has worked for me.
Old 01-24-2002, 02:23 AM
dragoncreator is offline dragoncreator

What I have been doing is creating custom dialog wav files using some text to speech software. These are then attached to events, etc., etc. Everything works when it actually loads the dialog file. For some reason, the game doesn't always seem to load the dialog file I have created. I don't necessarily have to do anything to the map or the dialog file, it just plain omits the dialog I've created altogether. This afternoon, I played my entire map with the sound working as planned. Last night, I could not. I don't know why.