Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 10-04-2003, 04:36 AM
SoF Sniper is offline SoF Sniper

is it possible and how do i ...?

i am making a map that has roads and i would like to have enemy trucks that drive on them...

my question is, is it possible to have an enemy truck drive down the road and if it spots you race to a destination and alert enemy troups to where you were seen, but if you hide from the truck, it wont see you and just drive by?

also, is it possible to have a small group of enemy soldiers that if you dont execute destroying a communication tower before you assault the small camp, they could call reinforcements, but if you did destroy it, no reinforcements would come?

i would appriciate any help on this, i know i am asking alot of questions and am sorry if i seem anoying... but, thanks to those who have and can help me!!!
Old 10-04-2003, 07:07 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

depends which game for LW you would

Assign the truck to a group and waypoints to use if you are not seen and use
If group has targeted player
Redirect group (truck) along waypoints

for the comm tower:
IF
if player reaches area trigger
and group(tower) any alive
THEN
however you rig up reinforcements
Old 10-05-2003, 02:13 AM

ok, i will try to explain alittle better: *again thanks for your help!!!!*

in my map, which i am making co-op, i wanna have say alittle encampment of bad guys, if the team moves in on the camp and doesn't quickly take out the tower, then the bad guys will start fighting and call in reinforcements... in which time, while you are fighting the camp, more trucks with bad guys will come pulling up....*by destoying the tower, you would only have to kill the few guys at the camp, because no reinforcements would be called*

how would you go about setting this up to work, if at all?

next, as for the truck on the road thing, i am gunna have roads with random trucks running on them, if the team is moving, and spots a truck, the must quickly take cover untill it moves by, otherwise if they don't, the truck would spot them, drive away and alert the nearest camp and those guys would come running your way....

would this work at all, and how would you do it?

if they dont seem possible, do you have any ideas to help me out? maybe something like this that would work? if you could, please explain in depth or if there is a tutorial about setting this up somewhere you could point me towards, i would be very thankfull!!!!

also, i am building for BHD... i have been not too successfull in finding too many tutorials for mapping with it. i have found alot for TFD and LW, but some none indepth ones for BHD...

thanks for all your help you have provided me with, much apriciation!!!!! thanks...
Old 10-05-2003, 02:51 AM

also, in the general information window, there is a box you can check for weather... under that there is nice day, rain, snow.

i checked the box and put rain, but it doesn't do anything...
is this a feature that doesn't work? thanks...