Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 03-12-2003, 06:32 PM
Dirt*PR* is offline Dirt*PR*

TFD Building Glitched list?

does anyone have a list of the buildings in TFD that are glitched? ex. one has a side and top that u can hide inside and run out of the walls.

its been a long time since i've played around with TFD, main reason was because of these glitches... but i think i'm ready to play with it again.
Old 03-12-2003, 06:42 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
ok map making:when you use them by add them into a map put a chaing link fience under the glitched area what you doing making a patch to block its use by people who may try to use it and also if a builden is a bet too high on one side add a wall to patch it up keep in mind it has to be a bet under the skin area so its not seen.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 03-12-2003, 07:29 PM

ok what about this...

just checked one my test maps and buildings like n baraka-dagger ur feet go into the floor once u add the inside part of course. this isn't much of a problem unless the player gets smart and lays down! then only his head and a very small part of his arm and back will show!!! hidding behind a bed or table would be easy to do then!

is there anyway to stop this?
Old 03-15-2003, 10:20 AM
living dead btu is offline living dead btu

yea what happenned is in a lot of the buildings zombie took a shortcut. The first floor has no wire frame. You either have to lower the building by a few sub z's to get the floor closer to the ground, or add a subfloor with another part. Like the little concrete mezzanine thingy, i forget the name, its pretty big, and has a good frame on it.

This is a pretty bad glitch on many of the buildings and you must be sure to check the first floors for this so people cant hide under it.

As a plus, it allows you to stack buildings and walk right up thru the floor. use the roof of the building below as the wire frame.

as a minus it makes floating a building much harder as you have to make a sturdy sub floor for it now and cant use whatever you want to cover it like you could in LW.
Disclaimer: All opinions expressed by LD in this post are his current opinions and may change at any time. LD reserves the right to change his opinions without notice due to the circumstances of the times. LD claims no responsibility for any damages, real or imagined, that may occur as a result of said opinions. (oh yea and the obligitory smiley just to be clear LOL )

Visit our squad site - http://WWW.BTUSQUAD.COM

And our new public site - http://WWW.BTUWorld.COM

Last edited by living dead btu; 03-15-2003 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-15-2003, 07:24 PM

yeah

thats y i've only made one offical map for TFD. have another but not sure how i want the final layout to be.

anyways... i d/l ur updated tutorial LD. i'll check it out later. hope u have some good tips in it.
Old 03-15-2003, 07:26 PM

one more thing... those stupid 3story city buildings with the invisible wall thingy on top... arrgghhh what a pain!
i'm working on finding something to put on top to make it more realistic... hate all the darn glitches with this game!!!
Old 03-15-2003, 07:53 PM
living dead btu is offline living dead btu

As far as TFD glitches go, i didn't get into a lot of detail in my tutorial, there is just so many!! I basically told you to check it real good and fix them as best as you can. Every time i try to make a TFD map i get super frustrated by all the glitches before i am finished, so i have only finished a few. Not to mention all the misspelled words on the parts, misspellings drive me crazy!! I for one am glad nova realized that BHD was not ready for prime time and delayed it...I would rather wait than have another on time TFD-like product - LOL

Another reason i don't go into detail on all the TFD glitches in my tutorial is this info can be used for evil as well as good.

When you run your map under a full test the glitches will be exposed soon enough.

My personal favorite glitch in TFD has gotta be the magic window on the second story of the hotel. If you don't know what I'm talking about say so and I'll gladly explain it.
Disclaimer: All opinions expressed by LD in this post are his current opinions and may change at any time. LD reserves the right to change his opinions without notice due to the circumstances of the times. LD claims no responsibility for any damages, real or imagined, that may occur as a result of said opinions. (oh yea and the obligitory smiley just to be clear LOL )

Visit our squad site - http://WWW.BTUSQUAD.COM

And our new public site - http://WWW.BTUWorld.COM
Old 03-16-2003, 01:25 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
you right about that when i try to test a map out i get some good buddie to come in check it out with i may mess something like a wall not lining up right or even a floor that need a miner patch like a wooden wall or some thing to cover the glitch up.

always take note's when some one tell you a map has glitch in it even one's you have not made all it takes is a bms to mis then work on the glitch to fix it only take a small amout of time to do it. try not to make many changes to it people don't really like other to take their work and redo it then make it into their owne ok be nice to the one who made it up in the first place.you can patch/fix it up that cool
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 03-16-2003, 07:31 AM

rgr that...

Quote:
Originally posted by living dead btu
...My personal favorite glitch in TFD has gotta be the magic window on the second story of the hotel. If you don't know what I'm talking about say so and I'll gladly explain it.
yup i think i know exactly what ur talking about! hehe it can be our little secret for now.

i'm working on fixing all buildings, well the USEABLE buildings, and putting them in a mis so ppl can copy and paste.

bridges also suck on TFD! walk right through one and the other gliches like the concrete tower when blown.

and thats leaves that hidious black & white "metal" wall. i would have liked them to have kept the original dark bluish "metal" wall and just added the black & white as metal wall2 or something!

hmmm, we seem to be on a good subject here! LOL