Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Web design and Programming
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Web design and Programming Discuss website creation and other programming topics.

Old 02-27-2003, 10:21 AM
Desciple is offline Desciple

Friends, I need HELP!

I have known some of you for along time now. I have watched you grow and stood in amazement at your ackomplishments.

Now it is my turn. I have been asked to build a site for my old Marine corp unit. I posted in another section that I needed a banner.

Along with this, I need guidance. I am building using HTML. Since this is the only code that I am learning right now. I know that I am behind the times. However, I want to make this site something special as well as to be proud of.

Panther don't you dare pull up the ole "Bite Me" page.

I haven't gotten instruction on content as of yet. However, I would like a forum there so friends can keep in touch.

What I am asking is how do I get started? I know I want to build a site and not have a cut and paste site. So gear me in the right direction and I will be so very grateful.

Thank you.

I have lost my mind, can you help me?

Send Siggies..............
Mark 8:34-38 And he called to him the multitude with his disciples, and said to them, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it;and whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it. For what does it profit a man, to gain the whole world and forfeit his life? For what can a man give in return for his life? For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of man also be ashamed, when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels."
Old 02-27-2003, 11:55 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

The first thing you should do is build your site in photoshop, I do this for all sites I make. This makes it much easier to add and delete things before you start coding. I'd also say you should start off using frames, they are easier for some that dont want to update every page because you changed one page, and that don't know how to use ssi. So build your whole layout in photoshop or psp and then start slicing and coding your site.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 02-27-2003, 01:32 PM
Desciple is offline Desciple

Thanks,,,, P

I have lost my mind, can you help me?

Send Siggies..............
Mark 8:34-38 And he called to him the multitude with his disciples, and said to them, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it;and whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it. For what does it profit a man, to gain the whole world and forfeit his life? For what can a man give in return for his life? For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of man also be ashamed, when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels."