Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Battlefield / Bad Company

Battlefield / Bad Company Anything about the BF Bad Company series of games.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:42 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Bf 1943

Battlefield 1943: Pacific[4] is an upcoming World War II first-person shooter video game developed by EA Digital Illusions CE and published by Electronic Arts for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360 ,and PlayStation 3. Like Battlefield Heroes, Battlefield 1943 is a downloadable multiplayer-only title. Unlike past WW2 Battlefield games this game will take place only in the pacific front.

Battlefield 1943 is set to feature 24 player action and three classic Battlefield locations: Wake Island, Guadalcanal and Iwo Jima. There is also going to be a dogfight map called Coral Sea, which gets unlocked after the community of a specific console (Xbox or PS3) gets a total of 43 million kills online.

Welcome to Wake island - BF1943 preview (HD)

Welcome to Iwo Jima - BF1943 preview (HD)

BF1943 Coral Sea community challenge (HD)
Old 05-29-2009, 01:42 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

EA ANNOUNCES BATTLEFIELD 1943 COMMUNITY CHALLENGE THAT UNLOCKS ADDITIONAL BONUS MAP "CORAL SEA"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPlKxj7lalk&hd=1

Battlefield 1943 Delivers Nonstop Multiplayer Action Across Four WWII Maps for $15
Stockholm, Sweden – May 29, 2009 – DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio (NASDAQ: ERTS), today announced that Battlefield 1943™ will kick off a worldwide community challenge that, when achieved, will reward players by unlocking a fourth map called Coral Sea. The WWII Coral Sea map will be unlocked when the multiplayer community achieves 43M kills on Xbox Live and the same number on PlayStation®Network. When it ships this summer, Battlefield 1943 will include three maps (Iwo Jima, Guadalcanal, and Wake Island) plus this fourth bonus map, all for $15.

Coral Sea is designed to showcase the intense battle in the skies, offering an all-new Air superiority game mode. The legendary WWII action this map provides will have players dog fighting in this airplanes-only map, proving once again DICE delivers on a first class online vehicle warfare experience better than anyone else! Players will be able to track the progress of their respective console communities at www.battlefield.com/1943.

Battlefield 1943 is a premium arcade title that delivers endless hours of 24-player First-Person Shooter (FPS) action on popular maps inspired by Battlefield 1942™. In addition to Coral Sea, Battlefield 1943 will also have players battling over three tropic locations: Wake Island, Guadalcanal and Iwo Jima. These maps have now been updated with the DICE Frostbite™ engine, providing destructibility to the battlefield and leaving players with almost nowhere to hide. Gamers play as the US Marines or the Imperial Japanese Navy, competing by land, air and sea. They have the freedom to pick their path in battle - be it as a rifleman crawling through the trenches, a steel fisted tank commander, or a dog fighting ace pilot that rules the skies!

All four maps will be playable at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3 Expo) at the intersection of West Hall & Concourse Walkway.

Battlefield 1943, this highly anticipated FPS game, will be available on Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace (1200 MS Points) and PlayStation®Store ($14.99) this summer, and in September on PC.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:03 AM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

360 will hit it no doubt. I'll be one on the way to the goal...I loved wake island when they put in BF2...

Old 05-30-2009, 09:26 AM
.Simon. is offline .Simon.

Dog fights on Wake Island were class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
next person to post half naked gets banned
Old 06-05-2009, 05:42 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
I think this is a great way to get the most of Live Arcade. A fully revamped showcase of old gaming maps for a reasonable price is a great idea.
Wot No El Alamein????
Sods.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

FIGHT ON LAND, SEA OR AIR IN BATTLEFIELD 1943 ON JULY 9
Kick off the summer with the must-have downloadable game for only £9.99/1200 MS Points
Guildford, UK – July 2, 2009 – DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio (NASDAQ: ERTS), today announced that Battlefield 1943™ will be available on July 8th on Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace and July 9th on the PlayStation®Network. Battlefield 1943 is an all-new download-only action game that brings DICE’s first-class vehicular warfare to gamers for just £9.99, or 1200 MS Points.

Battlefield 1943 is a critically acclaimed First-Person Shooter (FPS) multiplayer game that puts players in the middle of a dogfight on land, sea or in the skies. The game introduces two thrilling new modes that can be played across four classic Battlefield tropical WWII maps: Wake Island, Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima and Coral Sea. These maps are inspired by the award winning Battlefield 1942™ game, but have been redesigned and reengineered using the DICE destructible Frostbite™ engine which takes down walls, blockades and cover spots, leaving players with almost nowhere to hide. The game delivers endless hours of social online gameplay for extraordinary value.

The Coral Sea map will be unlocked as part of a worldwide community challenge, where players will work together to reach 43million kills on both Xbox LIVE and the PlayStation Network. To help gamers reach that goal, up to 24 players can play together online in countless matches. They will have the freedom to compete by land, air and sea as either the US Marines or the Imperial Japanese Navy. Whether they choose to play the role of a rifleman crawling through the trenches, a steel-fisted tank commander, or a dog fighting ace pilot, gamers will have the power to rule the battlefield.

“Battlefield 1943 is going to change consumer expectations of what a downloadable game can be. By offering Frostbite’s next generation destruction technology with a full Vehicle Warfare FPS multiplayer experience at a mere 560MB, Battlefield 1943 sets a new standard,” said Gordon Van Dyke, Producer on Battlefield 1943. “Our goal is to blow people away with a fully accessible, retail-calibre game for veteran Battlefield fans and shooter fans alike to enjoy for only £9.99.”
Old 07-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

new vid

Welcome to Guadal Canal - BF1943 preview (HD)
Old 07-07-2009, 01:27 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

im very tempted to get this for the PS3.... (my 360 account needs renewed, and i cant be bothered risking about £45 incase i dont like it lol)..

but im also very tempted to hold off and wait for the PC version
Old 07-24-2009, 05:05 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

well just bought it for the PS3 and im shocked at how good the game is lol... some sound issues but other than that i love it... they've really created something good here, if they are smart they will create the rest of the BF1942 maps over time and release them as map packs
Old 07-26-2009, 03:48 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
I got the demo. No bots. Couldn't set up my own server. Can only play on EA servers. No EA servers available.

Typical.
No purchase from me.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:48 AM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB View Post
well just bought it for the PS3 and im shocked at how good the game is lol... some sound issues but other than that i love it... they've really created something good here, if they are smart they will create the rest of the BF1942 maps over time and release them as map packs
yea im thinking of getting it as well for the PS3, and BB what is your PSN name? send me a friend add thing - BMY61

Old 07-26-2009, 09:37 AM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

zz I'd recommend you pick it up man, it's quick easy fun, for 15$.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:17 AM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
tbh, I never liked any of the battlefield games for pc but I am loving them on console, which I am finding weird. I played a ton of bad company when it came out. I am definatly planning to download this one from the arcade as soon as I renew my gold membership lol.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser