Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2003, 02:18 AM
Supertex is offline Supertex

Send a message via AIM to Supertex
Stock map download problem

Hiya fellas,

I ran into an interesting thing the other night during a match between Force x ( «ƒ×» ), and Crusaders Squad.

In an effort to make hosting different setups easier, I downloaded your "original stock maps" from the utilities page. We have NEVER had a complaint about the maps, but <a href=http://www.crusaderssquad.net>THESE</a> guys complained enough for everyone. <a href=http://www.crusaderssquad.net/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=161&sid=4 7841cfa503f0f2dece4303810692c16>HERE</a> is one of their threads, where they dubbed us "The most dishonest squad ever known."

It seems that the tiles have been omitted from the download, which caused CS to accuse us of 'altering maps.' They used that excuse as a reason to call the MATCH that they challenged us to, a scrim instead. (Of course this was only after they began loosing.) As I looked through their forum, and noted the screenshots, I finally made sense out of what they were calling "missing streets" - LOL. They meant the tiles. Then I realized that the tiles weren't in the download.

One thing they complained about as well: the choppers didn't fly. That to me is curious. I DID change the names of the maps to what they are seen as in the game - TDMM01a to Culture Clash, for example. Could that somehow be responsible for the choppers not getting airborne? Or are the choppers grounded in those maps to start with?

I would really be interested to see if there is a reason for this little hiccup in the map action, becaue CS basically said that since we would modify stock maps, that we would do anything to win. I didn't, and still don't, consider renaming the maps, an alteration of the VR environment, certainly not as far as gameplay is concerned.

Anyway...what is your take on the chopper bit, and what is the chance of your adding the .TIL files for the stocks?...at least the TDM maps.

If you came here from our forums, <a href=http://pub10.ezboard.com/fforcexforumsfrm5.showMessage?topicID=205.topic>HE RE</a> is the link back to the thread.

Last edited by Supertex; 09-15-2003 at 03:37 PM.