Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Navigator is offline Navigator

Default speed of helos

Does anyone know what the default patrol speed, combat speed and maximum speed is of the various helos ?

Last edited by Navigator; 11-06-2009 at 07:31 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:13 AM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

45 AND 65 or is that 65 and 45?

Last edited by Scott; 11-06-2009 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Removed inappropriate text
Old 11-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Navigator is offline Navigator

Well as after searching through the locares.pff with using the PFFEditor.exe and decrypting with DeSCR.exe, (Locate these tools under Novahq.net Utilities :: General Utilities :: Delta Force: Xtreme. Also FWO Ravens pff utility is good). I find many variation of AI in the *.aip files. What is odd is that although all the AI files for the helicopters are mostly matched up with combat and patrol speeds along with acceleration, the files aren't matched to the craft. For instance and Apache has an Apache.aip file, but there is none for a Chinook. Further investigation reveals that when a Chinook is mapped, it has a default AI Textfile of Little Bird. Put a Little Bird and a Chinook on the map and fly them on identical waypoints and the Chinook is slower. This is caused by the Items.def file that gives the mass and other characteristics.
Bottom-line, if a craft isn't hitting your waypoints just right or delayed in arrival, it is either moving, climbing or descending or turning too fast or too slow, so adjust according.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:24 AM
ShadowZ is offline ShadowZ
Chick Magnet(?)

Yes, Patrol and Combat speeds, as well as primary and secondary weapon armament is controled by the .aip's.

Having the .aip's seperate from the model allows the mappers to give weapons to vehicles/units which normally don't have, adjust their speed, etc.

I've seen .aip's been used in maps, especially if the mapper wants something like an AI driven Apache to launch a Hellfire missle at a target.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:24 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

good work gorlosky, you have uncovered much info that will put you in good stead with any future maps that you will do, the aip can be edited, although I have tried, in vain to increase the lil bird speed to a more realistic vne, the game engine still cannot accept it.
Although you are messing with wp's I prefer to use large 55m diameter waypoints so the vessels can at least see and stay on course.
chopppers can be tricky, on descent have 30-25m apart like step down to required height, then once at height redirect to hover point, then trigger, then redirct to waypoint list n02.

good luck
"M"
Old 11-12-2009, 03:13 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMITE View Post
good work gorlosky, you have uncovered much info that will put you in good stead with any future maps that you will do, the aip can be edited, although I have tried, in vain to increase the lil bird speed to a more realistic vne, the game engine still cannot accept it.
Although you are messing with wp's I prefer to use large 55m diameter waypoints so the vessels can at least see and stay on course.
chopppers can be tricky, on descent have 30-25m apart like step down to required height, then once at height redirect to hover point, then trigger, then redirct to waypoint list n02.

good luck
"M"
The little Bird choppers don't respond to anything ... combat and patrol speeds ... or even AI state landing.

I believe NOVA left us another bug (imho) that was better left unfixed with the new software.

But, Gorlosky (and Mermite) fixing the AIP means uploading the AIP for the littleBird with every map that includes the Littlebird.

Or getting NOVALOGIC to fix the AIP on their next update.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:45 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowZ View Post
Yes, Patrol and Combat speeds, as well as primary and secondary weapon armament is controled by the .aip's.

Having the .aip's seperate from the model allows the mappers to give weapons to vehicles/units which normally don't have, adjust their speed, etc.

I've seen .aip's been used in maps, especially if the mapper wants something like an AI driven Apache to launch a Hellfire missle at a target.
ShadowZ,

Got a question that maybe you can answer.

I noticed the Apache has two AIP's. One is *Helo - Apache (Advanced Ground Attack)* and the other is *Helo - Apache (Advanced Air Attack)*.

Doesn't one of the AIP's fire the Hellfire missles as it's primary weapon?

Or do I have to edit the AIP files for the APACHEs to fire thier Hellfire missiles ?

Last edited by dave61; 11-13-2009 at 07:22 PM.