Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:23 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Dont look here

Just took a look at your nation, I noticed you dont have any improvments yet, you get an improvment slot for every 1000 citizens, given your at 1800 odd, you should buy the harbor ASAP, when you cross 2000 citizens id make the next one the foreign ministry. The harbour opens up an extra trade slot so you can start to look at getting into a trade circle or fixing your trades. A foriegn ministry opens up an extra foreign aid slot, so you can make more $$ by doing more tech deals. Youll earn between 1-1.5 million per tech deal so its well worth doing...

If I were you I would also come out of peace mode, your alliance may have told you different which is fair enough (trust them over me lol), however peace mode costs you $$, and being in an alliance should give you enough protection...

There are a couple things to be aware of when buying infra.
The first is that the cost of infra goes up in cost and upkeep at the following points:

Because the cost, and more importantly the upkeep jumps at these points, when you cross them you need to clear them to make it profitable, a good solid guide is that if you cross any of these infra thresholds, you should have enough $$ on hand to make it 200 infra past it, which will ensure its profitable.

The second thing to be aware of is that you can manipulate the game mechanics in the way you pay bills and collect taxes. When you pay bills you pay them based on your current infra level, when you collect taxes you collect them based on your current infra level, and the other thing with taxes is you dont have to collect them everyday, so can wait up to 20 days before you collect taxes.

So the way you manipulate this is that you get a warchest together, stop collecting taxes for a while and pay bills with your warchest, then on the last day you pay bills, buy your infrastructure then collect taxes, so your paying bills at say 200 infra, and collecting taxes for however many days on 800 infra. Your warchest is immeadiately topped up when you collect taxes, and you use this to do it again. At your level you probably wont do it to begin with for more than a few days, but once you get the hang of the game and ow much $$ you need to keep to buy tech etc, doing this it can make you alot of $$.

Cheers,

Lakie
Old 08-26-2009, 01:24 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

just helping someone out in an online game that has a message length limit in the internal email system, im not a spam bot
Old 08-26-2009, 11:22 AM
RedrumSalad is offline RedrumSalad
"dalasmurdeR"

lol, i was wondering what u were talking about

Some say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire, well I say the best weapon is the one you only have to fire once, thats how i do it, thats how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - General George S. Patton

"Heroes are remembered, but legends never die" - The Sandlot

Whatever doesn't kill you hurts like a bitch.

R.I.P Murphy
September 10, 1995 - April 21, 2010
Old 08-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
got to love sims lol
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]