Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:52 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Send a message via Yahoo to dave61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx_jet_xX View Post
Ofcourse you will run into trouble with using an event to execute the wac or having a wac script depemdent on an event. they should be kept seperate to do whtever function without bein dependant on the other to fulfill it.
Yeah ... I agree completly with you, Jet.

Another downside I found using MED events to execute a .wac command is when adding or deleting MED events. I found that I always had to go back and rewrite the event triggers in the .WAC after I have edited ( added or delelted ) a MED event.

The .WAC event number may stay the same, but the MED event number will change. This changes the .WAC event ( event number ) to another ( non-intened ) trigger.

This is why I recomend using Variables, once a Variable has been set ( in the MED or the .WAC ) then the .WAC is more stable. With using Variables, you can work back and forth ( from reverse using the .WAC ... then back to the MED ... and then back to the .WAC ) in which both the MED and .WAC comunicate together.

Mermite will probably disagree, .... but what do I care what Mermite thinks ... lol ... JMHO

Dave61

Last edited by dave61; 12-14-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:02 PM
Navigator is offline Navigator

Is this a problem because of no brackets ? on...... if random 6 then

;=============================================
; TANK SHOOTS
if area(3) then
if random 6 then
ammo2tgt(ammo_Mk19NADE,2)
ammo2tgt(ammo_LARGELANDMINE,1)
endif
endif
Old 12-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
Yeah you will need to add the brackets.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 12-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave61 View Post
Yeah ... I agree completly with you, Jet.

Another downside I found using MED events to execute a .wac command is when adding or deleting MED events. I found that I always had to go back and rewrite the event triggers in the .WAC after I have edited ( added or delelted ) a MED event.

The .WAC event number may stay the same, but the MED event number will change. This changes the .WAC event ( event number ) to another ( non-intened ) trigger.

This is why I recomend using Variables, once a Variable has been set ( in the MED or the .WAC ) then the .WAC is more stable. With using Variables, you can work back and forth ( from reverse using the .WAC ... then back to the MED ... and then back to the .WAC ) in which both the MED and .WAC comunicate together.

Mermite will probably disagree, .... but what do I care what Mermite thinks ... lol ... JMHO

Dave61
I usualy dont delete events themselves, just remove the if and then part of the event and the numbers will remain the same.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 12-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Spinney is offline Spinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny killer View Post
ok if a WAC script works at the top and not the bottom then for sure it's an error in one of the scripts. I don't see any errors just by giving it a quick look over. but I do see lots of No no's with your comments.

remove all of the below from your WAC.

; first SAS meet

and all of these...........

//weve taken the base

and I'll be it will work........ keep in mind, when using "//weve taken the base", always make sure that it is spaced once between the ("Wave.wav",0) and the "//". and ALWAYS make sure that the comments end in a period or exclamation point or something. believe me, I've had the same probs you're having and I just spaced them and ended them with periods and it worked. I don't know, why but it worked. lol

but just as an experiment. save a backup of the WAC and remove all of the comments and all unneeded junk.
Did it and it didn't make any difference. I need to double check though as I might have left something by mistake. The brackets around random 6 could be something though. I'll check that out later. I completely agree about the events thingy. I avoid them like the plague unless the wac is the last thing I write. If I do have to delete an event after the first thing I do is alter the wac straight away. I never use that WAC command lightly. By the way, thanks for having a look everybody. It kind of reminds me of having your first car and everybody checking whats under the bonnet with you
Old 12-15-2009, 12:07 AM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

Mermite will probably disagree, but what do I care what Mermite thinks .. JMHO Dave61

MERRY CHRISTMAS DAVE!
I totally agree with you, as posted earlier, many times I've used the wac to about 90% of the mission(23kb) with about 24 events in the editor, for that very reason you mentioned, flipping from wac to med, so much faster and easy to work.

But this is a BHD WAC, as you guys will know very early 90's, and as such the BHD engine is old in comparision to DFX2, many of the commands we take for granted may fail on the BHD game, the 25kb I recomend for wac is for a DFX wac, I suggest the WAC max for BHD could be around 15kb?..
If Spinney is TOTALLY stuck on this he may consider moving the mission to DFX1/2
why the 'ell he made a map in ancient BHD is his business??????

;-----------------------------------//
if SSNnearSSN(10000,1504,3) then
ssnface 1504 face_normal
endif
if chain(2) then
ssnface 1504 face_surprise
endif
if chain(2) then
ssnface 1504 face_normal
endif

TWITCH TWITCH ....
Old 12-15-2009, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMITE View Post
why the 'ell he made a map in ancient BHD is his business??????
I've played a few of them lately and really enjoyed them. In fact, sometimes the graphics seem a little better specially when you're flying in from above on a little bird with Iranians firing up at you. Plus you get a lot more AIs, civilains in particular. The mods aren't too bad either. Let's not forget the wave files. There's pages of the bloody things. I still prefer DFX and JO but once in a while you can't beat a BHD mission.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:59 AM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
yeah. I would map for BHD any day if it wasn't for the limitations and the med set-up. I wish they had all of those wave files and items in DFX and X2.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:38 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Biggrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERMITE View Post
MERRY CHRISTMAS DAVE!
And a very Merry Christmas to you too, Mermite !
Old 12-15-2009, 02:58 PM
skinny killer is offline skinny killer
HappyGoLucky

Send a message via Yahoo to skinny killer
LOL!
Old 12-16-2009, 12:15 AM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

I'm gonna install my BHD just for this Christmas, to test out that new vid card, one of santas babes dropped off,
also considering converting the BHD animation/bad files to DFX2 using the
OFFICIAL JO MODTOOLS, the one with the grimace editor, will let you know,

Wav listing for BHD
http://www.dfbarracks.com/downloads/...ion=df&fid=161

this just in: sorry SK
http://www.dfreload.com/forum/files....on=file&id=804
Old 12-16-2009, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny killer View Post
yeah. I would map for BHD any day if it wasn't for the limitations and the med set-up. I wish they had all of those wave files and items in DFX and X2.
Oh, I don't know. There's fast roping, medivac, faces that show emotion and can speak and AI that sleep or sit down. I know it's possible to get one or two of the AI to do something similar in DFX but it's a tiny offering. Why the hell Novalogic didn't make these things available in DFX is beyond me. Also, the amount of civilians, buildings, flat terrain ect. is something we can only get through mods. Perhaps they had to sacrifice something for the ability to drive.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:13 PM

Hi folks!
This is what a couple of chaps said on DF Barracks:
http://www.dfbarracks.com/forums/vie....php?tid=43725
It would appear that the concensus is there is a limit at around 10 to 15KB for BHD maps. I'm goinng to be needing plenty of wave files for my next mssion so I'll just have to keep as much of it as Med based as possible.
Anyway, Happy New Year mappers!
Old 01-07-2010, 02:36 AM
MCMLXIV & Spinn is offline MCMLXIV & Spinn

This is what we've all been looking for! http://forum.psyphon.com/viewtopic.php?id=441
Looks like a useful tool. ;-)
Old 01-08-2010, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMLXIV & Spinn View Post
This is what we've all been looking for! http://forum.psyphon.com/viewtopic.php?id=441
Looks like a useful tool. ;-)
On second thoughts, perhaps not. It only works if you use Nile.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:10 PM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinney View Post
On second thoughts, perhaps not. It only works if you use Nile.
Thanks for the heads up, Spinney! I was going to check it out!
Old 01-09-2010, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up, Spinney! I was going to check it out!
No worries Dave! It might be worth checking out the forum thread though, as it tends to clarify a few things and give some sound advice about how many lines, how many ifs, nevers and chains ect. before the WAC starts acting up and going all weird.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:36 AM
dave61 is offline dave61
I.C.U.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinney View Post
No worries Dave! It might be worth checking out the forum thread though, as it tends to clarify a few things and give some sound advice about how many lines, how many ifs, nevers and chains ect. before the WAC starts acting up and going all weird.
I found the .WAC to be very forgiving on errors (unless you make a big mistake) when using the MED.

If you screwup on .WAC scripts using the MED then it's not as bad as if you screwup on .WAC scripts using NILE. NILE is so dependant on .WAC.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:18 AM

Quote:
I found the .WAC to be very forgiving on errors (unless you make a big mistake) when using the MED.

If you screwup on .WAC scripts using the MED then it's not as bad as if you screwup on .WAC scripts using NILE. NILE is so dependant on .WAC.
That's another good reason to keep using MED!