Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

View Poll Results: God or No god?
yes 44 63.77%
no 21 30.43%
I don't know I stupid because I don't have an opinion 4 5.80%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2003, 11:31 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Yes, it was Hitler that stated the war, it had nothing to do with religion, he just hated the jews because of what happened in his own family, I actually think he was a jew. He craze for power is what started it. BTW I am guessing if you ever read the bible in the part where Christ says: "Father forgive them for they know not what they do." That is a pretty strong indication that God is a male.
Old 10-05-2003, 12:15 PM
Nev is offline Nev

Send a message via ICQ to Nev
Quote:
Originally posted by atholon
"Father forgive them for they know not what they do." That is a pretty strong indication that God is a male.
umm, i'd call that a transscript of a translation of a ..... of a story some guy wrote 2000 years ago (not going on whether it's true or not)

and IMO wars are purely political, but without the excuse of religion, the leaders wouldn't have as much support from the people.

edit:
bush says "god bless america" and everyone cheers.
it doesn't matter if there's a god, what matters is that a lot of people believe in god.
religion is a VERY powerful tool to control people
Old 10-05-2003, 11:05 PM
animal_mutha is offline animal_mutha

The problem with religion or god nowadays are caused by us.(homo-sapiens) I'm a muslim & i was appaled, saddened & shocked of how the bali bomber shouted "allahuakbar" (god is great) after receiving his death sentence & continued smiling as if what he has done was approved by god. He has used the god's name in vain. He has disgraced my religion. I have a really tough time to explain to my fellow friends & colleagues (non-muslim) about all this.

When it comes to terrorist... its either - muslim terrorist or just plain terrorist. Why brand the "religion" with terror? I didnt see any non-muslim terrorist are mentioned as christian or buddhist or jewish terrorist.

War of the faith started during the first crusade. Not just between muslims & christians. It was between catholic & protestant & even shiite & sunni. They still waged war between the same gods but different teachings.... that was believed sent from god thru the messiahs. all i wanna say is.... War & Violence is created by us. Don't blame religion... & start to blame yourselves. As soon as everyone notice this, the better the world will be... The teachings in the bible & quran teaches us to be good & not evil. From there you know... its not war between religion its just war between "DUMBASS" humans.

Lastly... Study really well why the sudden act of terrors by the muslims.... every 'cause' has a 'reason'. Then study the reason... & not just the 'effect'.

Don't hate us... hate yourself. We're all in this TOGETHER!!!
Old 10-06-2003, 12:28 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Ok sorry this has nothing to do with this topic but i would like to ask you anyways Animal_mutha, i dont know if you have or have not read the non translated version of the koran, or if you have read it at all, but a teacher once said that it in the koran says that it is only the sultans, and powerfull (1. i dont know how thats spelled 2. i dont know the name of the type of "king" was called) who could call out jihad? maybe that has been converted to the modern leaders? Well if you havent read the non translated koran then just ignore this... I asked my friend but hes not a full beliving muslim (dont read the koran) so he obviously didnt know...

My photography website

Old 10-07-2003, 11:02 AM
RËVØ£ÛTÎØѫź¹» is offline RËVØ£ÛTÎØѫź¹»

Send a message via ICQ to RËVØ£ÛTÎØѫź¹» Send a message via Yahoo to RËVØ£ÛTÎØѫź¹»
I chose YES, because the religion im in believes in God. This topic is kind of offending some other religions like Jewish. I think.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:55 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

I personally can't see how this post can offend anyone at all! It's been a very interesting post and has generated some very good replies from a lot of people, believers and non believers and for the most part these replies have been very respectful and honest.

All faiths believe in one true god and they ALL claim their's and their's alone if the only true god which is one of the reasons we have so much conflict in the world.

If they are all truly men of peace, they will find a way to get past their hatreds and jealousies and try to learn to live in peace with each other, having said that, the lates news from the Middle East doesn't seem to bode well for the future in that much troubled region.

All people must walk their own path and choose to believe or not believe as is their choice, war solves nothing in the end and leaves a bitter legacy that boils over at some future date, lets hope thing simprove for all of us and we can learn to live finally in peace!

Warmest Regards
Old 10-07-2003, 04:36 PM
RËVØ£ÛTÎØѫź¹» is offline RËVØ£ÛTÎØѫź¹»

Send a message via ICQ to RËVØ£ÛTÎØѫź¹» Send a message via Yahoo to RËVØ£ÛTÎØѫź¹»
everyone has differently religions and beliefs , lets put it at that
Old 10-08-2003, 04:18 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

A hearty amen to that bro and may we all learn to live in peace eventually!

Warm Regards
Old 10-08-2003, 04:05 PM
Alcide is offline Alcide

Send a message via ICQ to Alcide Send a message via AIM to Alcide Send a message via Yahoo to Alcide
yeah, maybe
Old 10-09-2003, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SilentTrigger
Ok sorry this has nothing to do with this topic but i would like to ask you anyways Animal_mutha, i dont know if you have or have not read the non translated version of the koran, or if you have read it at all, but a teacher once said that it in the koran says that it is only the sultans, and powerfull (1. i dont know how thats spelled 2. i dont know the name of the type of "king" was called) who could call out jihad? maybe that has been converted to the modern leaders? Well if you havent read the non translated koran then just ignore this... I asked my friend but hes not a full beliving muslim (dont read the koran) so he obviously didnt know...

hmmm... interesting question... lemme check the quran just to be sure... coz' i'm not sure myself actually...LOL. As far as i know... people seem to misinterpret the word 'jihad'. Jihad is actually a call for "struggle" against the opressor. It's more of a "defensive" maneuver instead of an offensive one against the opposite. In the past its usually was used against the opposite faith. Before the stage for jihad... there's the "INTIFADA". The best example of the modern jihad & intifada was during the AFGHAN war of indipendence against Russia. The Mujahiddeens. The warriors of the faith. Anyway I'll look up for your question on the quran this weekend. Quite an interesting thing to find out actually.

Hey... I'm a big fan of Medieval: Total War. You should check the game out... Its the best game ever!!! Heheheh... and its the only game that you can launch the JIHAD. pretty cool !!!
Old 10-10-2003, 12:45 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

hehe cool maybe i will check it out! And thanks!

My photography website

Old 03-26-2004, 05:28 PM
sparrow1 is offline sparrow1

Let me ask you 1 question????

if there is no god ..... then how , when and what created the first person/animal????

answer that one

By the way steve this is sparrow from www.dfjoint.net
Old 03-26-2004, 05:28 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
lol read the other 150 posts
Old 03-26-2004, 06:13 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
man it so easy to go to heaven all it takes is to ask the lord of high to save you, its not that hard at all and try to live a clean live. we all know its hard to but thats why we have a bother up high to help us along. yea it be sweet if we can talk to God and his angles on one on one. but then again if one open their big mouth and say something he dose not like to hear about god would fry them in 2sec flate.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 03-26-2004 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:02 PM
~MOUSE~ is offline ~MOUSE~

squeek !

The world travels through space on the backs of four elephants that stand on the back of a giant turtle.

It must be true because I read it in a book.

Religion is just brain washing for the masses.
Who wrote the koran & the bible ?
What has been changed or edited during the ages to fulfil the requirements of religious authorities ?
Why are there 2 diferent stories of creation in the bible ?

There is more evidence for "little grey men in flying saucers" than there is for god.

If there is a god, he has a lot to answer for.
As an all seeing, all powerfull being, he has allowed all wars/diseases/disasters to occur.
He better have a very good excuse.

Old 03-26-2004, 10:02 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
he allows wars/diseases/ and disasters to occer because think about it. If mo one went through pain....no one suffered and no one died, there would not be a reason to ask god for help. Everyone would forget about him because nothing could hurt them. People would stop going to church. example. In the 911 disaster, the survivors that went throught that horrible day, you know that they got down on there knees bowed there heads and praid to be saved. So if nothing could hurt them, they would not have to do this. ( this might seem cruel or mean but i think this is the truth or atleast my opinion)

Now there are reasons for things to be made. When earth was around long ago and b4 ne animals where around, the atmosphere changed in some way, brought carbon dioxide and ever oxygen. This mixter and other gasses will create. They created bacteria..the bacteria developed into different things andmore bacteria arose. Soon the firdt 1 cell organism wa born...and it all started from that point.

that is the scientific way that they say it was found. Now I alwaus question, if this all happend, where did earth come form? How was the solar system created? how was the stars and the other galexis created? We do not know. Hopefully we will find out the truth. i think this started all from someone or something. I do not know and i do not have a clue of who or what started it all. But i do believe that we would not be on this earth is God was not here beside us every day. God created us, and looks out for us.

Now I do believe that you can talk to God. I have befor. I do not hear a person start talking to me fro above but i know that he is listening. I can feel and anf there are situations that i no that there was no way i could get out of and i got out. I believe that God looks out for all.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 03-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

There are alot of views. But me. I would say yes, there is such thing as god.

And, stop being assholes lol
Old 03-27-2004, 11:34 PM
V99 is offline V99

Send a message via AIM to V99
bible cleary says there is god - Lord Jesus Christ
Old 03-28-2004, 05:00 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

This post about the existence of a god or not certainly has generated a lot of interest but are we any nearer an answer?

For the believer we are and for the non believer the same is true, we just have to accept each others point of view and thanfully on these many pages we seem to have done just that.

That in itself is good news because we have proved by agreeing/disagreeing on a fundamental question about human belief that ther is hope for mankind, we may stumble along the path but we will get there one way or another and we will I sincerely hope one day build a world in which your religion, creed or colour won't matter one bit but what you are as a person will be what we judge each other on.

It's been a fine debate and very intersting to read all the different opinions so thanks to all for such a stimulating debate and may your god be with you or not as the case might be lol!

Warmest Regards
Old 03-28-2004, 07:15 AM

its not answers that people seek i guess..... its assurance..... the need to believe. Another 'purpose' in life besides workin your a$$ off day & nite to survive this world, to feed your children & wife... as plainly as that ... but hey..... i do believe in GOD.... every effect has its cause and vice-versa... so does a creation... theres a creator... as simple as that!!!