Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 08-31-2005, 02:17 PM
G.I.JOE*MFA* is offline G.I.JOE*MFA*

Send a message via ICQ to G.I.JOE*MFA* Send a message via Yahoo to G.I.JOE*MFA*
Improve Game Performance 200%

Link Here

AN AUDIGY 2 SOUND CARD.
Sorry for the caps, but listen up. I just came across an official forum from EA and the guys totally messed up the EAX thing. They figured out how to fix it with a few replacements of files, and after installation of these files, BF2 will not stutter, system lag, or freeze frame once after 5-10 seconds of each map, THATS IT. Anyone with an Audigy 2 Sound Card needs to check out the forum, or follow my easy step by step process (They explain the reasoning for the problem in the forum.)

THIS FIX HAS WORKED FOR 95% of the people who tried it. -(I guess the other 5% didnt follow the steps I list below correctly)

Follow these easy steps below this link Carefully ***(VALUE AUDIGY 2 USERS SKIP STEP 1)***:

Please make sure you have the latest Creative drivers in the first place (most importantly the beta drivers that enable OpenAL support) BEFORE You do these steps.

1. Install the OPENAL32.exe App from Creative (Link Below).

http://developer.creative.com/articl...OpenALwEAX.exe

No, it's not a virus or else you could sue Creative for mass distributing one. No, this will not ruin any sound in other games. ** A box will come up, click yes I agree.. yadda yadda yadda, and you're done.**

2. Go into your windows/system32 directory, NOT YOUR CREATIVE DIRECTORY, and copy the OpenAL32.dll and paste it into your BF2 Directory (Main Folder). DO NOT CONFUSE THE OpenAL32.dll file for the OpenGL32.dll. THAT WILL CAUSE PROBLEMS.

3. In the BF2 Main Folder, make a backup of the BF2OpenAL.dll file and put it some where that you could remember where it is if any bf2 problems occur.

4. Rename the OpenAL32.dll file you got from the System32 directory to BF2OpenAL.dll and replace the original BF2OpenAL.dll. Don't forget to make a back up (just incase).

5. Play the game.

Source: EA Forums

i did this and i went from 60 frames a second to 100 frames a second

I've tested this with Raven Shield and it works and it may work for other games as well.

yes it does improve performance on RvS as well...i went from 60 frames a sec with all settings on high to over 200 in the loading menus and it stayed at a constant 60 frames in game where before it would drop to 40 in some areas where smoke or gas was used and explosions were taking place...

so if you copy and paste OpenAL32.dll to other games it will improve performance as well

be sure to back-up the old OpenAL32.dll file prior to copy and paste though...i just rename mine to OpenAL32.dll_ORIGINAL so its always there and easy to find

also some games may name them BF2OpenAL.dll as an example like they did in BF2

*MaFiA*...Trust...Respect . . . Family

BF *MaFiA* - CoD *MaFiA* - DF *MaFiA* - JO *MaFiA* - RvS ¤MaFiA¤ - SW *MaFiA* - Capo Crimini
The Site

Old 08-31-2005, 02:21 PM
G.I.JOE*MFA* is offline G.I.JOE*MFA*

Send a message via ICQ to G.I.JOE*MFA* Send a message via Yahoo to G.I.JOE*MFA*
oops forgot to tell you where i found the Raven Shield OpenAL32.dll

its under the system folder in your raven shield folder

so you may have to do some searching to find the OpenAL32.dll file if the game supports it - i couldnt find one for battlefield vietnam

*MaFiA*...Trust...Respect . . . Family

BF *MaFiA* - CoD *MaFiA* - DF *MaFiA* - JO *MaFiA* - RvS ¤MaFiA¤ - SW *MaFiA* - Capo Crimini
The Site