Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

View Poll Results: What are your thoughts?
Keep updating DF BHD with all the new MODs! 2 66.67%
Keep JO on the shelfs! 0 0%
Dont really care! 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2004, 07:11 PM
SwiftSniper232 is offline SwiftSniper232

Send a message via AIM to SwiftSniper232
RollEyes Whats the point of Joint Opps?

Recently places like TerraNova have been coming with new Mods, ones that let you drive cars trucks and helos, ones with new weapons and objects and new maps that are just as good if not better than the original ones on BF BHD. My point is why not just have novalogic put some of this new stuff on there website and it will become popular, and pretty much a new game, except they will just put it in the NovaLogic Update downloads where we can get 'em easily. So pretty much you will have a "Novalogic Approved" DF: BHD where you can do all this stuff i just menchioned...so whats the need for JO if you can keep making thses new updates for the game that are just as good.
Old 05-01-2004, 07:34 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

NovaLogic is a business, they dont make games out of the goodness of their heart, they have staff to pay, shareholders to satisfy...
Old 05-01-2004, 07:36 PM

good point but still...
Old 05-02-2004, 02:59 AM
Cujo>DK< is offline Cujo>DK<

Send a message via Yahoo to Cujo>DK<
Well if I were in Nova's place, and I saw a mod for one of my games that was very popular with the players, I would sure add it to a new game to try and earn some green from it.

In my opinion, Joint Ops seems like a tribute to those mod, and EXP pack makers. Because they showed Nova that these things could actually be done. Which in the long run leads to better games for everyone.

Just my 2 cents
Old 05-02-2004, 06:31 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
u think NL should stop making new games?!
JO is the next game for NL, natural progression as a business.

they didnt make TFD or TS, and BHD is becomming dated so their portfolio needs a boost with a new title.

JO will be fully moddable with decent tools so there will be lots of quality mods rather than just one MOD i.e. TerraNova's, which although is good had always been limited by a game that doesnt support mods.

although JO looks a but like TS, its a totally different game.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:25 AM

I know,

I was just saying why not make it MORE open to the public by putting some of the new stuff on the OFFICAL UPDATES, that way peple could see what its like with the DF BHD
Old 05-04-2004, 04:19 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

As BB/mike says nova are a company who are in business to make money so that's why they come up with new titles.

Remember the money they make from the sale of games also goes into new game development so that's why they bring out new titles like Joint Operations.

Regards
Old 05-04-2004, 05:49 AM
Systemkaos is offline Systemkaos

Send a message via ICQ to Systemkaos
lol PC gammer said the BHD engine was already looking dated when they reviewed Team sabre lol, and Why not make money by making a game no matter what it will look like, or tell some staff to code, model, skin, map, for free and gain no profit? How would you feal?
Old 05-04-2004, 06:50 AM
EL_BASTARDO is offline EL_BASTARDO

Evolution is what it's all about......

& until the final release version we won't be able to see the full extent of the next genre of NL game.

But it's a step in the right direction in an ever competitive online games market