Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:03 AM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

Law Abiding Citizen

Followed by Last House on the Left

Old 11-03-2009, 04:43 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Ghost Busters
Old 11-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Sen is offline Sen
OG

Paranormal Activity.
All three endings.

Each one made me poop bricks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedrumSalad View Post
@Sen: your avatar creeps the hell outta me
Old 11-04-2009, 01:52 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
Plan 9: From Outer Space

DO NOT WATCH!!
which why you are watching a movie from the 50's is beyond me in the first place and how i got drug into watching it is another question. lol

Old 11-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
The Taking Of Pelham 1 2 3

heard great things about this, thought it was oooookkkkkk but wasn't really gripping enough, seen this story plenty times before. worth checking out if you have nothign better to do

Old 11-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Up - animation is outstanding, film was ok

Old 11-06-2009, 07:09 PM
~MOUSE~ is offline ~MOUSE~

BRONSON

A very strange man.

1. Born Michael Gordon Peterson in 1952 to a respectable middle-class family in Aberystwyth, West Wales, he would eventually move on to Liverpool and then Luton where he would go on to earn a living as a circus strongman.

2. Bronson changed his name to that of the Hollywood star of the Death Wish films after a bare knuckle fight promoter said it would be a bigger pull than his real name, Michael Peters.

3. Bronson was originally jailed for seven years for armed robbery in 1974 at the age of 19, and has had a series of sentences added to his original term over the years for attacking inmates and prison staff along with over a dozen hostage taking incidents.

4. To date he's has served over 30 of his 34 year sentence behind bars in isolation, spending just 131 days as a free man since his initial imprisonment.

He was released in October 1988 and spent 68 days as a free man before being arrested for robbery. He also tasted freedom in November 1992 for 53 days, before inevitably returning to jail for conspiracy to rob.

He remains a Category A prisoner in Wakefield high-security Prison where he is still in solitary confinement

5. Weighing 210lbs and standing five feet ten and a half inches tall, Bronson is renowned for his strength, having bent metal cell doors with his bare hands. His daily training regime includes up to 3,000 press-ups a day.

6. Bronson holds six world records for feats of strength and fitness and well as an unofficial record for the most prison rooftop protests by any UK inmate.

7. He carried out his most infamous hostage incident in 1998, when he took two Iraqi hijackers and another inmate hostage at Belmarsh prison in London.

Insisting his hostages call him "General", he told negotiators he would eat one of his victims before demanding a helicopter to Cuba along with a cheese and pickle sandwich to end the stand off.

In 2000 he was jailed for life after being convicted of holding a teacher hostage for nearly two days during a jail siege.

8. In recent years, Bronson has become a published author and cartoonist. Among his eleven books, is a health and fitness guide in which he shares some of the secrets behind his legendary muscle power. Profits raised from his work go to children's animal charities.

9. First married in December 1970 to Irene, he has one son named Michael.

In 2001, Bronson married again, this time to Saira Rehman, who began writing to him after seeing his picture in a newspaper.

Following his wedding, Bronson briefly converted to Islam and took the name Charles Ali Ahmed. He later renounced the religion and the name when the pair divorced.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Sunshine, forgotten how good this film is. you should check it out or re-check it out if you haven't seen it in a while.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:43 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
Zombieland for the 2nd time in theaters

Old 11-29-2009, 07:41 PM
Cobra is offline Cobra

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra
Watched "The Big Lebowski" last night...lol, the Dude abides!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Sen is offline Sen
OG

"Idiocracy".

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedrumSalad View Post
@Sen: your avatar creeps the hell outta me
Old 12-20-2009, 01:36 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Paranormal Activity.

Dont bother. I like my horror movies but this wasnt. I had more fn rading through the "Rotten" reviews of the movie on RT than the movie itself. Ive seen more interesting things on Youtube...
Old 12-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

James Cameron is a genius. Awesome movie I cannot believe the time and work that was put in to just putting the story together so that it would feel so real.

Old 12-22-2009, 12:56 AM
adamronchi
Unregistered

Hi!
Avatar movie I saw last. I watched this movie last night with my friends. I like this movie so much.
Visual effects are amazing in Avatar and story is also interesting. If you haven't seen it, you should
watch it some day.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:47 AM
~MOUSE~ is offline ~MOUSE~

Avatar certainly has fantastic Visual effects but the story is just a generic hero comes to save an oppressed group of people a.k.a "Dances with wolves" type.

Every now and then I expected the troops to sound a bugle to charge or the aliens to say "sky man speak with forked tongue"

As soon as the guy meets the aliens you can pretty much guess the whole story.

Good fun though.

Old 12-22-2009, 06:33 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

The Hangover
Old 12-22-2009, 06:52 AM
.Simon. is offline .Simon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBelt View Post
Paranormal Activity.

Dont bother. I like my horror movies but this wasnt. I had more fn rading through the "Rotten" reviews of the movie on RT than the movie itself. Ive seen more interesting things on Youtube...
Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
next person to post half naked gets banned
Old 12-22-2009, 06:44 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

just seen it despite the warning

got the impression they started makign the film then had no idea at all to where they could take it, so they just ended it.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:18 PM
RedrumSalad is offline RedrumSalad
"dalasmurdeR"

Gamer

Great movie, the camera angles are a bit weird and moving (they move around a lot) during the fighting, but thats the only part that screwed me up (does anyone know if this was made by the directors or whatever of Death Race? it somehow seemed like it was)

Inglorious Basterds

Again, another great movie, I watched it with my friend (a.k.a here: evileggs), he couldn't follow it, lol. I was actually wondering if this was based on a true story or whatever, and I couldn't tell until the end, where it is a pretty, um, unrealistic, ending (i'm not gonna spoil it) (and no, its not space fighters and experimental vehicles and what-not, it just, how do I say this...bends the story of the war? i guess)

Some say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire, well I say the best weapon is the one you only have to fire once, thats how i do it, thats how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - General George S. Patton

"Heroes are remembered, but legends never die" - The Sandlot

Whatever doesn't kill you hurts like a bitch.

R.I.P Murphy
September 10, 1995 - April 21, 2010
Old 01-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Was taken to see Bran Nue Dae, an Australian musical, by the other half as retribution for Paranormal Activity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtLbL...layer_embedded (trailer)
http://www.brannuedaemovie.com
Official synopsis:
It's the summer of 1969 and young WILLIE is filled with the life of the idyllic old pearling port Broome, in the North of Western Australia - fishing, hanging out with his mates, and when he can, his girl ROSIE. However his mother THERESA has great hopes for him and she returns him to the religious mission in Perth for further schooling. After being punished by FATHER BENEDICTUS for an act of youthful rebellion, Willie runs away from the mission. But to where... he's too ashamed to go home, it will break his mother's heart.

Down on his luck he meets an old fella, who he calls 'Uncle' TADPOLE, and together they con a couple of hippies, ANNIE and SLIPPERY, into taking them on the 2,500 km journey through spectacular landscape back to Broome. Willie learns the hard and funny lessons he needs to get home, all the while pursued by Father Benedictus.
___

Really odd movie, I came out of it not knowing whether I enjoyed it or didnt like it, probably my lack of expierience in musicals I suppose. Its lighthearted for sure, ill probably see it again just to see if I can get my head around it. Was laghing throuh the thing but not sure if I was meant to be or not...