Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 02-08-2003, 11:00 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

BHD Confusion

I don't know about you guys but all this stuff for beta 1, beta 2 and then the third demo is getting me really confused and keeping track of maps and files is taking more time then anything. As off today, since the old BHD Beta Demo cannot connect to novaworld anymore maps will not be accepted for the old beta demo. Maps will only be accepted for the Official Demo. All the maps that I have now for the beta demo will still be posted, but they will be archived. DFBHD.dk have some sort of mod out that allows you to play any game type. I don't know if the beta maps will work with this mod so can someone please tell me? And does the old map editer work with the new demo? Please shine some light on the subject!! It's driving me nuts! I can't wait till the full game comes out to make it all simple again!

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq

Last edited by Scott; 02-08-2003 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-08-2003, 05:43 PM
Sorcerer
Unregistered

The old demo maps will work with the new beta, the old editor doesn't have any of the new terrains/buildings. The new beta isn't really worth playing though as bugged people can run through buildings and shoot you through buildings because their client doesn't see any buildings at all.
Old 02-08-2003, 06:19 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer
The old demo maps will work with the new beta
Only with the devilsclaw mod though right?

Old 02-08-2003, 06:26 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

And i cannot for anything get the old beta TDM maps to work with the new version, even with the devilsclaw mod.

Old 02-08-2003, 06:38 PM
Camouflage is offline Camouflage

Glad to know I'm not the only confused one around here.
Old 02-08-2003, 08:58 PM
GrimJerr is offline GrimJerr

I have played the Official PreRelease Demo and it ROCKS
I am tired of the CTF map that is the only multiplay feature

And the SP mission gives me good Idea of what to expect for the final release and My brain is amped with some hairy COOPerative missions. I can hardly wait to play with full voice comms and a tight unit to battle with this will no doubt be the best DF yet.

As to the mission editor I haven't had any luck getting the demo to recognize any maps I have tried. Th eproblem for me has been even though I run the packit the game will only see the stock CTF maps and won't let me choose another game mode.

I hope that nova doesn't get rid of Player made maps. That would be a mistake of the highest order. The main reason i have loved DF for so long is the ability of people nameley myself to make mission maps. I have seen some maps that put the in house "CD" missions to shame. There are some very innovative map makers out there, and some of the maps range from down right scary mean and real to the ridiculous monstrosity maps. I prefer to build the team coop missions as real as I can get. I want the sweat to drip from my underarms the same as it does in multiplayer deathmatch. While being tactically and true to life in strategy and Object placement.
Lastly I want to take this chance to all the people out there like RAVEN (whoever you are) that take the time to make all the 3rd party programs that have made map building much easier and enjoyable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BHD release can't be soon enough for me ! but I will wait for a bug free as possible version if it leads to a more enjoyable game ! Chances are as we speak the final version is being pressed and will soon ship to a game shack near you.

Later all

PS ; e-mail me if you want to start an unofficial squad of online buddies. I would like to assemble a loose core of players who have full communications (that is Microphone and speakers\headphones) and wants to focus on multi coop or DM as a team effort.
Old 02-08-2003, 09:26 PM
Camouflage is offline Camouflage

Yep, the ability to play custom maps with ease is definetly one of the best things about DF. Other games require the client as well as the host to install large files.

Even if they took that away, somebody will be able to get around it - they always do.

Old 02-08-2003, 11:03 PM
Sorcerer is offline Sorcerer

Yes, you have to have the mod, the TDMM_xxx named maps work for me. Only I couldn't get TDMM_01a to work, when i renamed it to TDMM_01e it packs and I can load it. TKOTH also works I know for sure. I packed the maps using the PFF extractor and Packit.exe both seemed to work.
Old 02-08-2003, 11:05 PM
Sorcerer is offline Sorcerer

I have not tried loading the original stock maps from the first demo, only custom maps made for the first demo.
Old 02-09-2003, 05:31 AM
DuaL is offline DuaL

I dunno about mapping and stuff like that .... but with the Devilsclaws mod I been playin on the EWE server and it's definitly great fun
Old 02-09-2003, 09:41 AM
SSGWarHog is offline SSGWarHog

Send a message via ICQ to SSGWarHog
see new psots in forum

i just posted in forum 3 new psots which should answer everyone questions in regards to demo2 as i refer to it now to srop confusion.

the post cover

how to install demo2 and master addon
devilsclaws release of master addon for demo2
devilsclaws release of med for demo 2
dfmax tests master addon

this should help you, any further info contact me on icq

thanks
Old 02-09-2003, 01:47 PM
_|()R|Z is offline _|()R|Z

Send a message via ICQ to _|()R|Z
Quote:
Originally posted by Camouflage
Glad to know I'm not the only confused one around here.
Old 02-09-2003, 10:42 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I think i'll just chill out with the bhd stuff till the real games comes out.... lol

Old 02-10-2003, 06:09 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
good choice, good things come to those who wait
after all it's only a demo
Old 02-10-2003, 08:01 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
I think i'll just chill out with the bhd stuff till the real games comes out.... lol
gose for me too
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 02-19-2003, 07:36 AM
Unregistered
Unregistered

master addon

i need some help here
i am trying to get master addon but i can;t
because when i go to devilsclaws i can't download it even i am registered and my accout is activated
when i click on download , then i click on the master addon to download.
but it say plz click on the banner on top the page to download it , but doesn't work
Old 02-20-2003, 10:01 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
the banner look like a ads up top turn your firewall off what is the fire setting is block it from seeing if your are a another web-site trying to leech on to the download

there been a lot of web-site (URL) that have leech on to other url web-site downloads files so now web-site do a scan fore they let a person do a download if they can tell its from a web-site not thiers they stop it but if they can't tell who is downloading they don't do anything at all it block thats all diable you firewall till its downloaded then after enable it after
oh a note don't close that page as you downloading if you do the download will stop
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]