Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

View Poll Results: What do you think about my idea?
Yeah you have all my support 9 52.94%
You may just have the perfect idea with this one 4 23.53%
It will never work Crazy, wake up man...... 4 23.53%
I am a cheater and you ain't gonna stop me cheating! 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2002, 03:55 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
cheers guys
Old 03-02-2002, 06:43 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Thanks for sorting that out on your own guys.

I have only seen like 1 cheat in public games anyways... So if ya don't like cheats stay away from stats and head to publics..

I was being serious to. Ive never seen auto nades, raised sights or auto wepaons in public games.. Only cheat i've seen is unlimited ammo... Pick up this guys gun and had wayyyyyyyy more ammo then I should'a lol.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 03-02-2002, 06:44 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Damn only 734 posts... aint that a *****.

Old 03-06-2002, 08:54 AM
Crazy Para{BPR} is offline Crazy Para{BPR}

Send a message via ICQ to Crazy Para{BPR} Send a message via Yahoo to Crazy Para{BPR}
Tongue

And you call yourself an administrator with such a small number of posts Panther? lmao

Just go and say hi to every post that will put your post up a touch lol
Old 03-13-2002, 01:37 AM
Unregistered
Unregistered

Haven't heard from NL have you? Keep dreaming.
Old 04-01-2002, 10:38 AM
Dirt*PR* is offline Dirt*PR*

Smile my 2 cents...

ANYTHING that can get rid of cheaters i say go for it!!!
players should NOT HAVE to play on public servers to have cheat free games...it is a reality however; that we must do this though. until Nova comes up with a way to BAN, they'll just come back, them from the game itself, we'll have to play in small public games. i for one miss playing in servers with 32 to 50 ppl. and in my squads server few days ago we had a cheater who could walk through walks!!! i seen this with me own eyes! in closing i say this to anyone with the power, don't mess around with cheaters by being nice. if someone is found having/using a cheat program on public/nova server then BAN THEM FOR LIFE from being able to join a nova server! no punts, no soft words before action...just phoof and their gone! #$#% all the losers out there for cheating! world is better off without there sorry punk @$$es!!!
Old 04-13-2002, 07:19 PM
cR4zY is offline cR4zY

the only thing that could work is things like punkbuster or paladin that is used in counter-strike.. punting a cheater with static ip might be the worst thing u can do. recently we had a cheater at our server, so we punted her, later she came back with my user name and said she was gonna go give me a bad rep on other servers.. and well u can say that he/she did!

Old 04-22-2002, 05:58 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile Re Idea about cheats.

I totally agree with Crazy Para. This cheating crap started up on DF2 with the odd 1or 2 playes then it became endemic! It ruined a damn good game and no way do I want to see the same crap spoil DFLW. I also agree with Firestorm but only up to a point. These assholes who cheat will not quit until some one gives them the boot once and for all! I ahve hosted games and had to shut down in the end because even when you punt a cheat there is nothing to stop him coming back under a different name. I really enjoy playing and I'm never going to be world champion at the game lol lol! It's a pity folks just can't come on and have a good time!
Old 04-24-2002, 02:54 PM
Tex-Ck- is offline Tex-Ck-

Send a message via ICQ to Tex-Ck-
mmmm

Considering some people have dynamic IP's i doubt that would really work, and even changing your ip with a cable or dsl modem isnt hard... that wouldnt work. But nova does have the control over accounts so if they were to play in nova servers nova could ban them. But nova isnt going to take the time to, they havent for any of their previous games. No offense guy but you just sound like someone tryin to sound smart about comps.

bye, if u wanna talk about my post

Old 04-25-2002, 08:48 AM
FirestormAUS is offline FirestormAUS

Send a message via ICQ to FirestormAUS
The Final Solution

The way things are going, the only way Nova can resolve this issue is to do the one thing we don't want them to do: make people log into their servers, whether they play stat games or public/password games, then they'll be able to ban anyone for anything (ain't the net supposed to be available for all, regardless of whether people thing that someone's actions/opinions are correct ???) It's also worth bearing in mind that sometimes people do cheat, and sometimes people lag. I don't agree with cheaters, cos they ruin the game for everybody, but at the same time, unless there is concrete proof that it's not just a lag-caused incident, then a lot of people are gonna get f***ed off with Nova and stop playing, simply because too many innocents will be banned for non-deliberate acts (if you have any problems understanding what I'm on about, ask anyone who plays on 56k)

Whât Ýøû ¢âñ't §££ ¢âñ't hû®t ýøû, ®î6ht? Hêhêhêh... ЮÊ@M ØÑ!
Old 04-30-2002, 11:48 PM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx
I am with Panther on this one.
There are NOT that many cheaters out there at all.
You may well see one or two in stats but I have honestly only ever seen two that I can be absolutley sure were cheats in public servers.
1) I saw a guy running very very very fast indeed.
2) A guy came into a game to practise using his rapid fire Barrett.

In the first instance the super fast dude was in with just me, him and a mate of mine. He was an atrocious DFLW player becasue despite his high running speed he stopped to use his M4MK sights. Every time he stopped I shot him in the head with my MAG. So that dealt with him!

In the second instance the bloke actually told everyone he had a rapid fire Barrett trainer. This initially caused a lot of concern and caustic reprimand from other players but as time went on we realised that he too was a poor player and that it didnt matter how fast he shot, he didn't see us coming from behind and in the end no one really minded.

The ONLY thing that has ever spoiled the game for me is when I am accused of cheating. There are hundreds and hundreds of people who cry cheat compared to a very very few who actually do cheat and herein lies the problem.

Any n00b coming into the forums etc now, thinks the cheating issue is massive. It makes sense then that in game, if they just don't know how someone is beating them so badly, that people assume a person is cheating.
What then happens is that they too come into forums and add to the debate, fueling the aggression toward what remains and always will be a miniscule minority.

It is no shock to me that when I am accused of cheating it tends to be allegations of aimbot. (Im a decent shot) Or
Invulnerability. (Game Lag and Spawn Armour).
Generally you can only truly tell a cheat once you are of a decent standard of player yourself.
I never ever hold any interest in a bad player crying cheat. They clearly don't know the game else they wouldn't be languishing in last place at ratios of 8-35, so how can they tell if someone is cheating?

Novalogic probably get (and here I am guessing) more e-mails and enquiries about anti-cheat patches now, than game improvement patches.

I'd like to see two things.
First patches that make it easier to see if a person is cheating or not, ie No blood when being shot during the 6 second spawn armour phase. (perhaps white flash)

Second I would like to see NW relinquish control of their stat servers. Similar to the initial idea posted here.

The main reason perhaps why Stat gain more than their share of cheats over public is because NW servers are not neccessarily admined by anyone with a passion for the game.

They could setup a system where top DF web sites or tournament organisers run and maintain the stat sites for them. Not Third party but as if it was their own server.

Why go into newbieDM when you could play in DFHQ.NETdm, run on NW servers with 50 people playing at maximum bandwidth - minimum lag, but run by someone well known in the DF community who is likely to want to watch over what is happening and punt/ban, with the ease that makes many good public servers so appealing?

The only argumant against this is that of cliques of people picking on others for the sake of it. An automatically run server is the only truly unbiased one, and I have seen posts in this very forum where influential community members publicly condem others without any real evidence to back up their allegations.
This is the main reason why it may not work perhaps.

Apologies for writing so much but its important that we all don't abandon our community over what is actually a small problem. In general cheats are rubbish players anyway and the game will remain fun if we all stop taking it so seriously. I have played in servers where people are abusive or could possibly be cheating and I find the most amusing thing to do is get everyone else to go get the undesirable.
Calls of 'ALL ON PANTHER' are always great fun, especially when the nutter leaves in a sulk.

On a side note and @ Panther. j/k about what I said just there. Plus this answer window is fantastic but doesn't give me much space to check where I am in my now almost legendarily over the top posts.

Old 05-01-2002, 12:20 AM
FirestormAUS is offline FirestormAUS

Send a message via ICQ to FirestormAUS
eek

From a post with plenty to sayto a post with not much to say...

Nicely put zza1pqx

Whât Ýøû ¢âñ't §££ ¢âñ't hû®t ýøû, ®î6ht? Hêhêhêh... ЮÊ@M ØÑ!
Old 05-01-2002, 01:21 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
Originally posted by FirestormAUS
Nicely put zza1pqx

Old 05-01-2002, 02:46 AM
zza1pqx is offline zza1pqx

Send a message via ICQ to zza1pqx Send a message via Yahoo to zza1pqx

Old 05-01-2002, 03:05 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

RE: CHEATING OR NOT?

I HAVE READ WITH A GREAT DEAL OF INTEREST THE POSTS ABOUT CHEATING. I HAVE TO SAY THIS, AS A FAIRLY NEW PLAYER ON DFLW (6 MONTHS) I THINK EVEN I CAN TELL WHEN SOME ONE IS REALLY CHEATING, IN ONE CASE THE PERSON WHO WAS IN MY ROOM USED AUTO NADE WHICH AS I UNDERSTAND IT IS IN FACT A CHEAT! THE FACT IS I ASSUME MANY DFLW PLAYERS USED TO PLAY ON DF2 WHERE CHEATING HAS NOW REACHED EPIDEMIC PROPORTIONS. THUS I THINK MANY PLAYERS ARE READY TO SHOUT CHEAT BECAUSE OF PAST EXPERIENCE. I KNOW ENOUGH TO REALISE THAT RESPAWN AND BODY ARMOUR AND JUST EXCELLENT GAME PLAY CAN MAKE A PLAYER SEEM INVINCIBLE. I DO APPRECIATE THAT SOME PLAYERS ARE JUST BRILLIANT! IT'S A SAD FACT OF LIFE THAT CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS WILL CHEAT JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN! I LIKE TO GIVE EVERYONE THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT AS MOST OF THE PEOPLE I COME ACROSS IN DFLW ARE GOOD PLAYERS WHO JUST WANT TO HAVE SOME FUN.

AS FOR "POOR PLAYERS", I ASSUME EVEN THE BEST PLAYERS HAVE TO START SOME WHERE AND IT IS VERY EASY WHILST YOUR STILL LEARNING THE GAME TO ASSUME THAT SOME PLAYERS DO CHEAT SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY ARE KICKING YOUR ASS REGURLARLY! AT THE END OF THE DAY DFLW IS JUST A GAME AND, I DO AGREE PERHAPS SOME FOLK TAKE IT FAR TO SERIOUSLY. I LIKE TO WIN WHEN I PLAY, (HELL WHO DOESN'T?) BUT I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT SOME PLAYERS ARE SO GOOD IT'S DIFFICULT TO BEAT THEM!

LETS NOT LET THE FEW IDIOTS WHO OUT THERE RUIN A DAMN GOOD GAME!

ON A FINALNOTE, I HAVE FOUND THAT ALL OF THE EXPERIENCED PLAYERS I HAVE COME ACROSS HAVE BEEN MORE THAN HELPFUL WITH TIPS AND ADVICE TO NEW PLAYERS. LIKE I SAID BEFORE, WE ALL HAVE TO LEARN!

THX BADDOG!
Old 05-04-2002, 02:49 AM
~FB~Ghandi is offline ~FB~Ghandi

we had some **** in our server ZONE*PR* cheating using wall hack an sight cheat dont know if he/she used other cheats ...

but i spot them fast 10min in the server i know something is wrong the map after i know the ****er was cheating .
ad that time i did not have remote host so i left the game day after i got remote host well the **** returned and i spoted the ****er and punted i just say LOSER ... and punted then the cheater used some of our names in *PR* but i know the style of play of most of our players so i know fast something was wrong so i just ask the player somethink he has 2 know and the answers was BS so i punted ,i think all in all i punted the ****er about 15 times in a week and the last time i did so i said LOL you are a loser and i feel sorry for you ... even with cheats fake names i can find you in 10min dont that tell you something ??? then i punted the ****er and i have newer seen the ****er in our server and that is over 1 mounth ago
but i cant play so manny places anymore cus i get punted i think i have about 5 servers i can join and play out side *PR* servers others i use fake names or im out fast of game sad realy but its ok i play 95% of the games in ZONE*PR* there i can punt cheats/BS talkers and if players think i cheat then thay can leave

Old 05-04-2002, 06:36 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

CHEATING.

I SEE YOU HAD A PROBLEM WITH A CHEAT GHANDI! GLAD YOU EVENTUALLY GOT RID OF HIM/HER. BUT WHY ALL THE F**** M8?

BADDOG:
Old 05-04-2002, 06:57 AM
FUÑÑY (*¿*) is offline FUÑÑY (*¿*)

Send a message via AIM to FUÑÑY (*¿*)
can u say BAN?

See you on the battlefield ... FACE down

Novahq.net GFX #9 SOTW WINNER
Assaulter.net SOTW 27 WINNER
Assaulter.net SOTW 32 WINNER
Old 05-04-2002, 07:20 AM
~FB~Ghandi is offline ~FB~Ghandi

the player has a floating IP so no baning there im not gonna use ban unless i know the player has a fix ip ..

all the F#¤%&#¤& i used is cus the cheater is a F#"&/#¤
Goat F%&¤/( but il leave the F#%&/(% words out if the forum bosses wants me 2 i was just annoyed when i Wright the post cheaters always piss me off ..

Old 05-04-2002, 07:46 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile RE CHEATS.

I GOT U M8!!!! I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY U WERE ANGRY. AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE, UNFORTUNATELY THESE IDIOTS WILL ALLWAYS BE WITH US AND THAT'S A GREAT PITY.

GOOD HUNTING

BADDOG!!!!

ALL THAT IS NECESSARY FOR EVIL TO PROSPER IS THAT GOOD MEN SHOULD DO NOTHING.