Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 07-05-2005, 12:59 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Smile

I had read it before Troj and it seems on a second reading we may be in for some exciting developments from Novalogic!!!!

Warm Regards
Old 07-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Jeff is offline Jeff

Send a message via AIM to Jeff
I just hope the continue with a great top seller like BHD, who knows... maybe Nova could break the bank and come out with a headliner to wage war with BF2!
Old 07-20-2005, 05:20 PM
spinal is offline spinal
[Insert Title]

re:

I downloaded the demo tonight and what the hell! what were nova thinking... combining df1/2 with joint ops style it has turned out crap. I played the single mission and there were a hundred bad guys shooting aimlessly and t he other team members just run across infront of all the bad guys aimlessly shooting in mid air too. The stupid 3rd person view as you drive the boat etc is very bad. I went and tryed multiplayer too see if that was any better but no.. far from it.. the vehicles lagged if you went to far out, you lag in the helicopters and its huge open terrain in multiplayer looks like 3 year old made with white and brown playdo (sp?).

Dont think Ill buy this game, not worth the money.

Gaming Rig

AMD 64 3200+ venice skt 939
Akasa ak-913 Evo 33
Abit an8 fatal1ty nforce 4 ulutra
OCZ 1gb pc3200 dual channel Platinum
Ledtek geforce 6800ultra 256mb ddr3
Seagate barracuda 160gb
Plextor px-716a
on-board 5.1 sound
Logitech X-530 surround sound
Old 08-18-2005, 07:26 AM
CoyoteCDS is offline CoyoteCDS

Send a message via ICQ to CoyoteCDS
Just tell me how I can convert all my old DF2 custome maps over to the new DFX engine and I will be a totally satisfied old man.
Been Playing DF since the release of DF1 and started the *CDS* squad that night, still around although we are not as many as we were in the glory days of DF2 but hey, time weather and people move on. If anyone knows how to get the old DF2 maps converted over to this new engine a link to a convertew would be gratefully appreciated.

And yes NOVA still has the ONLY game that offers wide open terrain for snipers. but DFX needs to desperately fix the 650 meter kill range of the M24 and the M82. and leave the range of the M16's at 650 m like in real life, sniper rifle outrang the combat weapon !!
Old 08-18-2005, 12:00 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
i talk to mike he says they do have some thing in the work and they are going to stay with the same theme as they have been doing good with real life combat theme as they been doing. there going to be some news release soon what they will have instore for us all.

Delta Force been doing good and they are not given up on it, its a really money there and they going to stick with it.

its in the bank as for the unreal engine they like to see what they can do with it they may use and again they may not.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 08-18-2005, 09:14 PM
~MOUSE~ is offline ~MOUSE~

"Tactical, and deliberate long range battles and heart pounding fast paced close quarters battle."

"deliberate long range battles" = 500m long range ?

"heart pounding fast paced close quarters battle" = helli nading.

Nova games are getting more and more frustrating.

They already have the elements for a 1st class game but they keep F****** up.

The dfx graphics look fine to me.
If they had ballistics like DF2 and wind & elevation effects, combat would be great.
The inclusion of dfx vehicles and providing defencive emplacements for spawn areas would make the game more interesting.
Re-introduce A&D games.

I used to play several hours a night but now it has been over a month since I have played any DF games.
dfx has been a big disappointment but when I went back to BHD, I found the maps too flat and plane.

Might try JO again.

Old 09-09-2005, 02:35 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

i just wish they would incorperate a better cammo system, like gulie suits, and let me chose my cammo so i can make it blend in with my surroundings.
and cammo aint worth didly if u turn into a dang speck or blackface syndrome at more than 400m, they might as well put us all in blaze orange.
i want to hunt my enemy and for hime to hunt me, instead of im behind 5 foot of something and there is a speck giving away position, or im in the distance at 900m havnt even fired a shot and all of a sudden some1 without a scope sees me as plain as day because im on a surface the same as my camo but i got the blackface syndrome.
and ive said it b4 i probably wont buy anymore games unless i hear its been fixed.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:02 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
I hate the black face syndrome.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:12 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Quote:
Originally posted by ~MOUSE~
"Tactical, and deliberate long range battles and heart pounding fast paced close quarters battle."

"deliberate long range battles" = 500m long range ?

"heart pounding fast paced close quarters battle" = helli nading.

Nova games are getting more and more frustrating.

They already have the elements for a 1st class game but they keep F****** up.

The dfx graphics look fine to me.
If they had ballistics like DF2 and wind & elevation effects, combat would be great.
The inclusion of dfx vehicles and providing defencive emplacements for spawn areas would make the game more interesting.
Re-introduce A&D games.

I used to play several hours a night but now it has been over a month since I have played any DF games.
dfx has been a big disappointment but when I went back to BHD, I found the maps too flat and plane.

Might try JO again.
I have to say that I pretty much agree with that assessment Mouse....good post bro!!!!

Regards
Old 09-20-2005, 11:26 AM
stebbi is offline stebbi

To begin with

Quote:
Everybody should read this interview if you haven't already.
Admin, can you add a date to your interviews in the future

I have played them all, though I have never been stuck on the MP only SP. I love DF1 and I was really exited about DFX. The graphics are great in DFX SP but that is about it. I will never forgive them for changes that they made with the original maps from DF1. I have bought them all but due to my disappointment with the original maps form DF1 in DFX I will download next game, sorry about that.

I was always hopeing that some one would do a remake of the DF1 on a newer engine, but I always knew that I could only hope for it.

I'm one of those that don't like to drive in FPS, like in DFX with the STUPID implementation of vehicles.

I believe that there will be another DF, but I don't know if it will be the Iraq war or something else. I think that this time they will not try to imitate some war but make something new. Hopefully they will come up with something good.

I would like to see another DF1 style game, but that is childish. It will probably have vehicles again that you can drive.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:01 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

Is there any news of a new game following DFXtreme anyone????

Warm Regards
Old 10-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Terry is offline Terry

not that i know of bd.

sorry to back track to the beginning of the topic, but i think the best of the delta force series will always be LW! although i dont play any of them much anymore, the main ones i played were LW, TFD, and BHD. bhd is what my squad plays now, but LW is what hit my squad off, and for me, thats what friday nights were all about 4 years ago =)

-----
GIFTS - X
Old 10-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Jeff is offline Jeff

Send a message via AIM to Jeff
Too bad, it doesn't look good for DF gamers.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Erik is offline Erik

I think NL had sucess with DF1, DF2, DFLW, and DFBHD. Other thatn that, flops...but personal opinion.

Something original would be better. Xtreme sounds like an arcade...anytime you recreate something your asking for trouble...it did seem like they ran out of ideas if you remake a game.

Cold War would be good, WWII I think might be good but you got MOH for that or BF1942. Maybe future like WIII...dunno, I'm tired.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:47 PM
Terry is offline Terry

hmm gd ideas erik but to be honest i think delta force has ended now. delta force was originally created around the american military unit, hence black hawk down covering the somalian conflict. its after bhd i think they started running out of ideas. now after extreme come out, people are bored

-----
GIFTS - X
Old 10-25-2005, 08:28 PM
Erik is offline Erik

yeah cause delta wasn't in wwi or wwii...wasnt used till vietnam. Cold War wasnt a war anyways. You might be right terry.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:10 AM
Terry is offline Terry

lol yea only really dawned on me last night. will be weird coz this whole community and the squad i've been in for the last 4 years was all created around delta force, and now they've got nowhere to go, other than just keep ruining the name...

-----
GIFTS - X
Old 10-27-2005, 02:16 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by Erik
yeah cause delta wasn't in wwi or wwii...wasnt used till Vietnam. Cold War wasn't a war anyways. You might be right terry.
man you know about the Cold war?

i live it and was in the meddle of the crap, how would you know a thing about it?

we had fire fights but then again it was not on the news, we had troops lost on both sides but you never hear of it? why freak Vietnam come to mind, it was off limit to the news. crap some times a whole company of Infantry would be lost when they cross the battle line, but you would never know of it media blackout on the subject. freaking Media news service in Vietnam call all baby kill and other things were blackout after that point in the so call cold-war times.

**** we was fighting terrorist and freaking people on both sides, we try to be nice to E-Germany at that time too.

fighting Terrorist that use people and car bombs back then too, it was not new to us at all. funny now days it like they never heard of terrorist using car bombs till now. it old news crap we even known they would use a Jetliner as a bomb back in them days too. sad people don't learn from their pass.

i bit they still having Fire fights in DMZ= South N, North Korea you never will hear about it at all why news reporters are not let in there at all its off limits to them all.

Cold-war was not all sweet as some think it was. GEE do the name "WAR" mean anything at all to you? why you think it was call cold war. should have been call Ice-war do to it was mainly in winter all the crap would happen.

i am a member of "the American Legion" you don't join them if you was not in a war zone time frame at all. you must be war time veteran: WWI, WWII, any other war combat area were there was a fire fight. don't trash Cold-war people, some did die in that time frame you may not have heard it, but there was fire fights in that time zone too.

Time Zone: history most of it was media blackout on the subject and you will mostly never will know what gone on in the so call cold-war at all.

i join the service US-Army 1977-1987 that was in the cold war era now think what battle (war zone) was i in back then to be able to join the "The American Legion" they only take in real War time ear vets in. like WWI, WWII, any other war time vets in.

i had a buddy lost his whole right arm and another head blown off totally with his chest toboot. 15 people i known are dead in that time frame, that was in a combat zone war torn era

Delta Force was a special force train to handle hot zones were they was on the call to go out to fight, the news media were reporting on them a lot. funny UN call them up. the 82 Airborn was on standby a lot too be on the already to go 7/24 all the time too.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 10-27-2005 at 03:03 AM.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:01 AM
Rampage. is offline Rampage.
Rampage

Send a message via AIM to Rampage.
I know Nova has a future, since they are probably already working on a new game, or in the process of comming up with it, but i say one thing, if i see the same building that they used in bhd, and in JO, and in dfx, the same exact model with a different skin i am never buying another delta force game..

Old 10-27-2005, 12:36 PM
Erik is offline Erik

Because I've studied history. More people died in a single day in the interstate than in the Cold War. And it wasn't much of a war...some activity then silience...hence COLD war.

WWII? Delta Force did NOT exist...sorry m8 they were formed in or around the vietnam war.

What would it be Delta Force: Blitzkrieg?

I hope Nova has a futre