Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 03-21-2003, 02:53 PM
KeepinItReal is offline KeepinItReal

Smile WHY RANKING DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING

OK...a lot of people like to try and brag about how good they are by announcing their rank in a game. This is why ranking doesn't prove anything:

1) You get more points for doing simple tasks such as healing or returning flags. I have finished games with over 30 kills and less than 10 deaths only to be outranked by someone who had less than 10 kills and over 30 deaths. Their high scores come from flags and healing. Try to capture and hold a spawn point for an entire game and you'll see the difference in your ranking.

2) The oldest problem in the game, lag. Everyone knows what lag is and what it does, and whether you like it or not it does effect your ranking.

3) You're only as good as the team that supports you. If your team plays well they make it easier for you to play well also. If your team is getting pushed around it means you have to work 10 times as hard to carry their weight. This is a team game folks, and it's a lot easier to kill an enemy if your team mates are killing them also.

As a footnote...I may or may not be buying this game. It's not that I don't have fun playing. It's just that I don't have fun playing with lots of immature people who always seem to make it their purpose in life to ruin a good thing...
Old 03-21-2003, 03:56 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
i like the ranking a lot more than the old df games.

u can get 100 kills and no deaths and get beat by someone with 101 kills and 1000 deaths. now THAT doesn't mean anyhting IMHO.

don't get me wrong here - your point is totally valid

as long as i have fun, it doesn't matter
Old 03-21-2003, 07:28 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
got to say i love the scoring as it is
yea it maybe true but then again i like to go up in rank and wards also it maybe not that great to some but i love the hell out of it hey i got a lot of kills-45x lol die like 65x wish it was the other way but then i never got any kills over 60x at all.

but think again lag i don't get any from NovaWorld server's and i use a darn 56k have gone to some host in public/passsword area and some hosting using 33k & 56K they lag really bad.

have seen a minner cheating going on in there, not going to say type of cheat it was or who only it is minner thats all.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 03-22-2003, 06:20 AM
Nicro is offline Nicro

Send a message via ICQ to Nicro
i like they way the old scoring worked. kills - deaths = points. that is what matter in matches anyways.
Old 03-24-2003, 10:31 AM
}DHS{PSYCHO is offline }DHS{PSYCHO

Smile

KeepinItReal, I agree with you completly.

on both the ranking,
and your compliant about the immature people.
Old 03-24-2003, 09:51 PM
Dirt*PR* is offline Dirt*PR*

Smile new way!!!

it seems to focus more on TEAM WORK... something that u rarely see in mulitplayer games. but when u do have a few ppl doing stuff "for the team" it's usually very clear at the end of the game! i'm usually always in top 5, unless my game is off a tad.

i've always hated ppl who had high kills and thought they were just THE stuff... so ur connection is better, woppie doo!!!
team work is y i play multiplayer... it adds more fun than just running around spraying and praying.

its the greatest thing to grab a flag and u have backup to provide covering fire! or u medic a dude who did a good job of grabbing a hard to get flag by himself!