Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 04-20-2021, 05:41 AM
TrSniper is offline TrSniper

Dfbarracks down

I've noticed that dfbarracks is down for a while again. It seems to happen once in a year. What is the problem and what can we (as a small fan base) still do to keep it alive? I mean if there are 2 websites that need to excist for ever, then it is this one and dfbarracks.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:58 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
keeping our eyes and ears open m8
Old 04-20-2021, 03:36 PM
DF:BHD is offline DF:BHD
BHD server Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrSniper View Post
I mean if there are 2 websites that need to excist for ever, then it is this one and dfbarracks.
I would love if Nova-inside came back too.. 3 great fan bases would be awsome. There were alot of old maps on Nova-inside that is lost now and I have been looking for maos all over..
Old 04-20-2021, 05:12 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

* sigh *

Old 04-26-2021, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DF:BHD View Post
I would love if Nova-inside came back too.. 3 great fan bases would be awsome. There were alot of old maps on Nova-inside that is lost now and I have been looking for maos all over..
Yeah I remember that one. I believe they also had SP DEMO maps which where also build before. It's really sad that it's lost.

@ BALDO; You're dark bro.

Does anyone have contact with the creators of DFBARRACKS? Maybe we can take over the website (if the creators think it's a good idea), so that we can keep it online and alive. At least I'm willing to. Losing such a big database would be a disaster.
Old 04-26-2021, 04:39 PM
jabo1SFH is offline jabo1SFH

it appears to be another case of server host issues. the db seems to still be intact, just probably need someone to bring the site back online fully.

Old 04-27-2021, 03:52 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

Thanks, TrSniper. I feel acknowledged. I'd like to make it clear that my pessimism is honestly come by, but not really appropriate. I miss my cat.

I'm a moderator at both DFBarracks and DFReload, and I'm fairly certain Eagle_Eye has my e-mail address, so I figure if anything truly dire was going on, he'd've told at least some of us about it.

I know the admins of DFB/DFR were porting all the DFB data to the DFR, and I believe that A.Bullet was not only the original owner of the DFB, he wrote the code for that site himself, and eventual server updates made his code wonky. Then it all went offline for a while, came back, and now it's gone again.

I don't know what's going on, and hobbit laments one way or the other, I'm pretty sure things'll be okay. At least I can confirm that I've yet to be told it won't be.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldo_the_Don View Post
Thanks, TrSniper. I feel acknowledged. I'd like to make it clear that my pessimism is honestly come by, but not really appropriate. I miss my cat.

I'm a moderator at both DFBarracks and DFReload, and I'm fairly certain Eagle_Eye has my e-mail address, so I figure if anything truly dire was going on, he'd've told at least some of us about it.

I know the admins of DFB/DFR were porting all the DFB data to the DFR, and I believe that A.Bullet was not only the original owner of the DFB, he wrote the code for that site himself, and eventual server updates made his code wonky. Then it all went offline for a while, came back, and now it's gone again.

I don't know what's going on, and hobbit laments one way or the other, I'm pretty sure things'll be okay. At least I can confirm that I've yet to be told it won't be.
Thank you for your reply Baldo and my apologies for my late reply. I'm sorry to hear about your cat. I see that the barracks is online again . We are lucky to have you guys around!