Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 06-18-2021, 05:25 PM
Creator is offline Creator

Sad EX cannot found "Team sabre dialogs.wav"

I'm working on a BHD:TS custom mission but I have a problem: I prepared some dialogues with the Dialog Editor(dialogs for MED) but when the mission gets to the point of those dialogues instead of playing them the game tells me: Ex Cannot Found "dialog.wav".
I specify that it is a mission in the jungle(therefore Team Sabre) and that the dialogues relate precisely to the Colombian campaign... for example one of the dialogues that I would need would be "TCmd001.wav".
Someone know the problem?
Old 06-23-2021, 05:21 AM
TrSniper is offline TrSniper

Sounds strange, as the file is already in your directory. You do not get a sysdump right? Just a message?

Maybe it would help, but it would be painful, to delete your dialog file and build a new one.

I have never used the dialog editor, don't even know where to download it. I once had it but couldn't run it because of an error. Would be nice instead of writing all the dialogs in a WAC file.

Maybe you could find an answer on DFBARRACKS, but I checked it out yesterday and it was down...AGAIN....

Good luck!
Old 06-23-2021, 10:40 AM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

Oh, man, I've seen this error message before, I cannot remember the circumstances.

Yeah! I was playing the TS mission "Kharq Island Oil Terminal" using the TIO Coop mod, or more honestly, my edited version of the TIO Coop mod. Something about the mod in that particular map was overloading something in the game, I think maybe the particle effects in the TIO mod are too strong, maybe, I never really got to the bottom of the problem.

But basically, when the iranian patrol boat came around the bow of the tanker to the south, my frame rate dropped to barely above frozen and all of the "Ex cannot find" dialogue errors popped up. Or was it "Ex cannot play"?

I guess, if you're using a mod, try the mission without that mod, or otherwise, in the MED, select half the tree items (I bet you used a ton of them), put them on team yellow, then assign them to a layer in the MED to make them easy to hide and unhide, then save and export the .bms and test it.

I use team yellow or violet to take items out of a mission without deleting them. Makes it easier to put them back in if you want to later. The game does not load or show items on team yellow or violet. Might not even export them into the .bms, my testing is not terribly comprehensive.

So, my hypothesis is that the mission is overloading the game. Reduce the number of items, reduce the number of particle effects, or possibly a closer fog distance might help.

Wait, you didn't mention lag. This may be a different problem, then. I don't really have enough experience with the dialogue editor to say much else, though.
Old 06-24-2021, 01:36 AM
TrSniper is offline TrSniper

I saw some maps coming by with HUGE cities indeed, so big, with so many items and trees placed that the mission lags

Using fog distance covers alot. What I also usually do (but never posted anything for over 10 years now), is if you want a city to look big, just place some building groups at a further distance then your 'playing area'. Place some tile work between your playing area and the buildings on the distance, some trees and low amount of decorations, and your city will look huge, but in fact it isn't. It's all about what the players see and if you place borders that block your way leaving the area no problem.

I think the best example of this is Diplomatic Immunity. The city looks huge on distance when you fly in towards the UN building, but a lot of the buildings placed in the distance are just for the show.

Also old cod and moh games do this alot with LOW res pictures of buildings on the distance.
Old 06-26-2021, 12:11 AM
~BLÃÐE~ is offline ~BLÃÐE~

Send a message via ICQ to ~BLÃÐE~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator View Post
I'm working on a BHD:TS custom mission but I have a problem: I prepared some dialogues with the Dialog Editor(dialogs for MED) but when the mission gets to the point of those dialogues instead of playing them the game tells me: Ex Cannot Found "dialog.wav".
I specify that it is a mission in the jungle(therefore Team Sabre) and that the dialogues relate precisely to the Colombian campaign... for example one of the dialogues that I would need would be "TCmd001.wav".
Someone know the problem?
I had a look and couldn't find Tcmd001 but i did see TcmdD001.wav
"Five one this is command...

Might just be a typo causing issues for you.