Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 10-21-2019, 10:59 AM
Badger is offline Badger

FYI for map makers!

For map makers here's something I never seen before! I made a map for a BHD server. Like always I use our map tester to make sure there are no Team Sabre parts and the terrain is BHD. Made 100's of maps never had a problem like this.

The map would kick players as soon as it started so I started looking at map for a few days couldn't find anything wrong. Walls and roof was made of all guard towers, thought maybe was a limit to how many you could have in a map. Deleted half the map and still kicked me out when I hosted it.

My grandson was watching me and understood what I was doing. He suggested maybe the mis file was corrupted some how because no matter what I would try didn't make a difference.

In map editor in P1 open the mis file for bad map and in P2 I created a new mis file, then copied the entire map from P1 and pasted it in P2 saved and exported it.

To my amazement it worked there was nothing wrong with map something was wrong with the mis file. I know ChadB had a map he made with same type problem and we both worked on it with no results a few years ago I bet this is the same problem a corrupted mis file.

Thought I pass this information to all you map makers I am sure it's rare, normally you will find a part or terrain issue.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:37 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

A NULL object or ssn0 will do it

You probably fixed the map because when you copy paste a map the ssn numbers get reassigned.

BTW
You can also try "clean up ssns" to rectify incorrect or deleted ssn numbers instead.

If you've got ssn commands in the map you'll just have to check and readjust them if necessary.

Old 10-22-2019, 10:23 AM
Badger is offline Badger

I can see null items and there wasn't any plus map tester picks up nulls. I would guess it would be a ssn.

You said: You can also try "clean up ssns" to rectify incorrect or deleted ssn numbers instead. How do you do that?

I know when I copied and paste it to a new mis it creates new ssns that's why I knew then something was corrupt in the old mis file.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
I can see null items and there wasn't any plus map tester picks up nulls. I would guess it would be a ssn.

You said: You can also try "clean up ssns" to rectify incorrect or deleted ssn numbers instead. How do you do that?

I know when I copied and paste it to a new mis it creates new ssns that's why I knew then something was corrupt in the old mis file.
I guess they don't always show up,

The mis is human readable script and probably hard to corrupt in the usual manner, ie when encryption or translation is involved etc, though I guess it's not impossible

Usually it's the build in some way, lot's of alterations can cause coherency to be lost (it get's bugged out) so cleaning up ssns with the tool provided can correct this.

To find it open the MEd and look to the top menu for TOOLS - click that and the menu will drop down and you'll see Cleanup SSNs.

* Don't forget that any Waypoint 125 directives manually set in the AI property sheets will need to be corrected to the new SSN numbers... also any SSN commands in the WAC if you use one.

Last edited by Guest001; 10-22-2019 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Add Ifo
Old 10-22-2019, 09:00 PM
Badger is offline Badger

Thanks stompem,

To use clean up option under tools do you need to highlight all the parts in map then click on it to clean up SSNs or just click on it?

I understand what you mean about waypoints or anything programed with event ssns.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Thanks stompem,

To use clean up option under tools do you need to highlight all the parts in map then click on it to clean up SSNs or just click on it?

I understand what you mean about waypoints or anything programed with event ssns.
Hey buddy your caution is wise... no problems though just click on the button - you don't have to select any objects at all - and what it will do is sort all the SSNs by type and then assign the numbers, this will clean them all up -
Old 10-23-2019, 09:53 AM
Badger is offline Badger

Thanks Stompem for the help always good to learn something new.

Thanks talk later.