Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 06-19-2011, 05:57 AM
black hawk is offline black hawk

Are all the missions in Delta Force Task Force Dagger and Black Hawk Down real?

What I want to know is that, are all the missions in Delta Force Task Force Dagger real? I can't believe that most of the missions could be completed by a single soldier or just 3 soldiers if it were real. For example, in Operation Harakat part1 and part 2, how can just one soldier do a raid in a hotel. In part 2, I was told that Alpha team would give me sniper cover form an orbiting black hawk but there was none. In some missions, the commander says Cobra 33 team will engage...... but there is no team except me. The same question goes for Black Hawk Down because the missions seem a bit different from the consequences shown in the film. One last thing, does anybody know why the friendlies in one of the missions in tfd don't even have a gun, while they have to eliminate a whole convoy?
Old 06-20-2011, 01:57 AM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

Most of the stock missions in any Nova game are REAL or I should say
"..HAVE BEEN BASED ON A REAL MISSION THAT THE US ARMY WAS INVOLVED IN" .

Not all missions are from from the Delta Force unit, a couple have been re-done 1 -2 are based on French soldiers in Africa (DF2) .
In TFD 2 maps are based on German patrols in Afganistan in the early '90s.

An interesting side note is the default names 'Spooky' 'Gus' can't remember the others, were heroic soldiers names from special forces units out of....yes! .....Vietnam.

Research this stuff, you will find it interesting, truth is though special force IS special force, minimum requirement is about 40, not the 4 you see in the game, recently 38 were sent to kill Bin Laden.
Just where the news ends and the map carries on, is up to you the mapper....JUST KEEP IT REAL

"M"
Old 06-24-2011, 05:29 AM
black hawk is offline black hawk

So, you mean to say that most of the missions in tfd and bhd are recreations of the actual event. But is it really true that 1-2 missions in df2 are based on french soldiers. Don't you think by by putting missions, which were operated by other special forces, novalogic has taken credit of these other forces(at least in the game sector) while we praise delta force for these missions. Still, why do the friendlies don't even have a gun in one of the missions in tfd. The mission is about to destroy all the enemies and vehicles that are going to cross some border. I and my friendlies are transported by 2 black hawks just near the border, in that mission.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:58 PM
MERMITE is offline MERMITE

John Garcia, CEO, NovaLogic,Inc. The guy who started all this, built DeltaForce 1 as a US Army Training Simulator, I'm not sure if the US Army actually used it or not, but later they flipped it out in favor of yet another pc training tool currently VB2 (virtual battlefield 2) known in the pc gaming world as Armed Assault 2.
Called Arma2 by it's fans these sims are converted to pc games only by the addition of extra fluff, bigger explosions, bigger weapon range, nicer packaging etc etc, these games are built for kids 14-18 years old, as an unconscious or subliminal recruiting tool, as I've heard military psychologists call them.
In the original Sim form they are used to train young officers on how to deal with just about any army situation....really dumb when you see it, as an ambush is an ambush is an ambush etc etc.

here:
http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9
or the editor
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A...or#Select_Type
Old 06-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Luis is offline Luis
N' gatz we truz

Hmm..i think that SOME MISSIONS, not all, In BHD
are real..but i think. Maybe watching the BHD Movie we learn
more about that ^^

My videos :: My site :: My DFBHD maps :: My DFBHDTS maps

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Old 06-25-2011, 09:50 PM
Dashie is offline Dashie

I would say none of them were actually grounded in reality, but instead were probably based on events. You were alone in TFD because the AI of NovaLogic games wouldn't be smart enough to help you out on the missions (on DFLW, you got a lame sidekick that never really did much).
Old 07-18-2011, 09:48 AM
Armyranged1 is offline Armyranged1
delta force BHD

That mission Irene is real.Go on google and type:The real black hawk down