Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:35 AM
death791 is offline death791

BHD Server Setup need Help

Hi i have a couple of questions for anyone that uses the Anaconda Remote 3.0.0 to run their BHD game server. So I ordered a 16 player dedicated server and it is setup default as a deathmatch gametype, i would like to switch it to a 8 player cooperative game server. Once I log on the remote manager I stop the server to config the server setting, after I switch the gametype to cooperative from deathmatch I notice I have no Coop maps available to use. So I downloaded a couple custom cooperative maps from novahq and dfbarracks then uploaded them to the server. Now the maps show up when I select cooperative gamemode but once I save everything and start the server back up, then remote switches everything back to deathmatch mode and plays the default maps. Can anyone give me some help on setting the server up right for a cooperative game, any replys will be sure to help thanks a lot!
Old 04-23-2010, 01:07 AM
GeertDeGrave is offline GeertDeGrave
Mapmaker

Send a message via MSN to GeertDeGrave
Hi there,

i had this several times on my time when i rented several servers for bhd and other games.

What to check in order that the game does not switch on its own:

The maps you downloaded need to be checked for COOP ONLY and not for other games, this can be checked with the med via the mis file. How to create the mis file from a bms file is easy use the bms2mis converter available in the downloads section.

Then open the map through the med in the bhd installationfolder and check the map setting under General info: IF there is ticked MORE THEN 1 gamebox then you have the chance that the server jumps to DM on its own.

To use the mis converter is simple:
1. Install it
2. Find the map in the bhd default folder normally: C:\Programfiles\Novalogic\...
3. Open the bms2mis converter and select the map: 'mapname.bms'
4. then click convert and save the map into the default bhd folder.
5. Now you are able to open it with the med within bhd.

You can now alter the map in anyway you please BUT do reconsider before doing this and respect the mapmakers.. SO ALWAYS ask them before you change anything in the maps decor or name!