Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Novahq.net Specific > News
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

News News and comment posting for the main page. Use this forum to submit your news.

Old 02-20-2003, 04:36 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Novalogic on unofficial patches

Source: Nova-Arena

Posted on DF3.net by Marcus Beer, Pr Manager of Novalogic:

"I have seen a lot of posts on here recently about bugs in TKOTH, people not being happy with some of the weapons renders etc. A lot of these have come from people using the patch that allows all weapons etc. So of those people, I would like to ask one thing.

Please dont make judgements on the game based on using unofficial patches.

Why do you think that we only released 1 map, limited weapons and 1 gameplay style? Would you pass judgement on a movie like The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King from seeing an unfinished version where someone has inserted their own FX? or maybe Doom III - how about demanding changes based on the Alpha leaked late last year? Can you imagine how it feels for our team to have invested a huge chunk of their time in this game and then see people flaming it based on a demo and an unofficial patch? There are still issues with the game that we know about and are working on. So please dont pass judgment on it until you have seen and played the finished article. This goes for everyone moaning about anti - cheat issues, 3rd person Anims, Weapons Renders and so on. They were not in the demo for a reason.... That reason being THE GAME IS UNFINISHED. If they were finished and in a state we were comfortable with, we would have included them without anyone needing a patch.

Sorry to rant, but please think about what you are saying before posting flames. I also want to thank the people who posted constructive comments on the Demo Feedback thread, it was very much appreciated.

Thanks.
Marcus."

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
Originally posted by Panther
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 02-20-2003, 04:57 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Very true.

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 02-20-2003, 04:59 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
everyone please read that
Old 02-20-2003, 08:42 PM
Matt is offline Matt

Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Quote:
Very true.

Exactly why I posted it here. Well worded Marcus.

Click here for the official member status images!

Quote:
For your sence of free speech, we will control how much you have here .
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
fak i clicked it to lol.

the message "this will disable it" should have been put before

sorry
Old 02-20-2003, 10:46 PM
(Old)
Unregistered

THANKYOU!!!!!!!! i felt the capitals were needed...
Old 02-21-2003, 12:49 AM
Ice Cannon is offline Ice Cannon

Send a message via ICQ to Ice Cannon
yeh gj
Old 02-21-2003, 03:03 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
cool its still in the works
Nice post like to hear that bet of new's
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 02-22-2003, 02:20 AM
Genocidal~V*D~ is offline Genocidal~V*D~

Send a message via AIM to Genocidal~V*D~
yea quit whinin

i tottally agree with the statement half the people dont even buy the **** and have the gall to complain about it when its hacked pie...

Old 02-22-2003, 01:31 PM
JAYLWEB is offline JAYLWEB

Send a message via ICQ to JAYLWEB Send a message via AIM to JAYLWEB Send a message via Yahoo to JAYLWEB
The team at Novalogic is doing a great job. Until the game hits the shelves, as far as I'm concerned, it's unfinished. It would be cool if Novalogic provided an official patch that kills the all weapons patch. I like playing with different maps, but I feel that all the players should be on an equal playing field when it comes to weapons.
Old 02-22-2003, 01:44 PM
katana*GFR* is offline katana*GFR*

Send a message via ICQ to katana*GFR* Send a message via MSN to katana*GFR*
Some show this to the devilsclaw dude? Maybe they will stop &*%^)&ing up demo's

Found on Youtube:
Quote:
And if Newton Faulkner's voice can be described as "R&B" then Kurt Cobain must be a member of Boyz II Men.
Link here
Old 02-25-2003, 02:47 PM
A TIN OF SPAM is offline A TIN OF SPAM

Send a message via ICQ to A TIN OF SPAM
I must say that I do agree strongly with Marcus,although I have absolutely no problems with the master addon whatsoever...I feel that this only increases the tension in waiting for the game to finally shelf...personally I buy my Novalogic products...well...I say buy...well...when I say buy I actually mean shoplift...well...when I say shoplift I really mean get someone else to do it for me! (I'd like to thank Mark Lamarr for the inspiration behind that last joke)

Finally I'd like to say...Marcus...HURRY UP AND RELEASE THE FULL GAME M8...I'm peeing myself in anticipation here!

Stumbling along on Freeserve 56k ? NOT FOR SOME TIME NOW!
Old 02-27-2003, 05:03 AM
Chief ADFP

way it is to me DF:BHD Demo not good looks great action sucks can't move other then slow down then move super fast talk about headack i left it today got tire of lag why i don't know the ping said 350-516ms up and down it went.

sorry it was like a old car test driving it to see how good it is the breaks locking up and lets go on its owne that the way the game went stop and go.

I need the real thing not so lame-o demo thats s_ckeggs
Old 02-27-2003, 01:43 PM
Chief ADFP

by the way if a you go to see a movie and they ran the ads for it and it seem's lame as hell i don't know about you i show hell not going to see it or something that seems bad not good at all.who the hell going to kickout the cash for it and other and have any of you all seen DF:TFD its lagging in the public area people hosting it and the numbers of players are lower then DF:LW and DF:2 so bottom line who care.

i did at one time have all of them DF1/2/LW/TFD/BHD-Demo Lame-o been playing them when DF:1, 1st came out. its all downhill way its going.
only one i care about is DF:2 do to Novaworld don't have time to take care of their server or the money to handle it anymore even when they are still have it for sale.

3rd party patch's add-on only make them who don't know about it trash Demo do to its has glitch in it and look other place for a good game to play and buy that is better.to me this hurts sale's
Old 02-27-2003, 02:10 PM
Chief ADFP

By: Novalogic.IncĀ©

Ref: 3rd Party Software
4. We and our suppliers shall retain ownership of all intellectual property rights relating to or residing in the CD-ROM, the Software and the Game. The Software is a "commercial item".

5. You may not use any third party software to modify the Software to change Game play. You may not use our intellectual property rights contained in the Game or the Software to create or provide any other means through which the Game may be played by others, as through server emulators. You may not take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. You may not sell or auction any of the Game's players, items, or copyrighted material including CD-ROM games.

12. We cannot ensure that your private communications and other personally identifiable information will not be disclosed to third parties. For example, we may be forced to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Additionally, we can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you to private entities, law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries. Furthermore, if you request any technical support, you consent to our remote accessing and review of the computer you load the Software onto for purposes of support and debugging. You agree that we may communicate with you via email and any similar technology for any purpose relating to the Game, the Software and any services or software which may in the future be provided by us or on our behalf. You are subject to the terms and conditions, privacy customs and policies of NovaLogic while on NovaWorld. Solely for the purpose of patching and updating the Game, you hereby grant us permission to (i) upload Game file information from the Game directory and (ii) download Game files to you.

1.0 RULES OF CONDUCT

4. Copyrighted or trademarked names of products, characters, services, or concepts.

i don't need say any thing about this it say's it all.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:01 PM
JAYLWEB is offline JAYLWEB

Send a message via ICQ to JAYLWEB Send a message via AIM to JAYLWEB Send a message via Yahoo to JAYLWEB
Smile

The Master Addon isn't the real game. It's a hacked interpretation of the game.

As far as server performance is concerned, who cares....they're still working on it. If this were compared to a movie, then imagine the advertisements we would see if the movie were still being made. Or imagine what a test drive would be like if the car was still being built. Keep that in perspective.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an updated Demo when the final product is officially released.

I'll be buying it the day it's released. I'm looking forward to playing a death match game with my co-workers.
Old 02-28-2003, 01:13 AM
Chief ADFP

i already pre-order it some time all go at www.novalogic.com
like i said the demo is bad hope the real thing is 100% better then that crazy demo they been testing off and on like crazy is nothen like the real thing.