Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 11:36 AM
Hansoon is offline Hansoon

Send a message via ICQ to Hansoon
Allweapons&Med MOD for DFX

Hi Friends,
Some of my members, SoFuRo and CaveBear, ported Pilot-WYD-´s Pilot Mod to DFX FullVersion adding medability and some other gimmicks. We are looking for testers to get some feedback. Infos and download at df.hansoon.de
Greetz to the gamers
Old 01-22-2006, 01:49 AM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Well seems like you said you were participating in a act of plagurism which i will tell WYD about!If you port someone elses mod to game it doesent support then thats plaguarism still.

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?

Old 01-22-2006, 03:51 PM

Hope you will get a response of WYD. we didnt.
By the way, it´s rather motivating, for the guys doing the work, getting such a response.
Just compare the original Mod with ours and then please post again.
I´m interested in your opinion, after you made youself a little more competent by gatherig the relevant information;-)
Would be nice to get feedback from the guys who already used the MOD, to keep the guys working or kill the project.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:09 PM

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
The only way legal is if one of the WYD who made MOD or has given you permission to!Anyone here will tell you editing a mod or using it for your own works counts as an act of plageurism and i didnt see anywhere where you said that WYD let you use MOD!

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 01-23-2006, 06:46 PM

;-)don´t hear anyone but you.
Don´t think that pilot or wyd needs a lawyer like you, accusing without client and knowing any facts.
You started with "seem", continued with "not legal", at the end we´ll be a public danger, which must be erased.
Till you don´t proove as Pilot´s lawyer or showing any knowledge of what you are talking about, for example the features of the mods, there will be no more response from me.
Use it or don´t use it, that´s your freedom of choice.
We´ll play it on our servers and if it´s Pilot´s will we´ll don´t host public.
But that´s Pilot´s business, for he knows what he is talking about.

We continued Pilot´s work and it´s not a business, but an public offer to the community.
Would be nice to get some feedback of some people who enjoyed the mod..........
Old 01-23-2006, 06:57 PM

Dude your immature and an idiot just give it 1-2 more days! We will see who thinks its funny!Editing anyones work or continuing with the same work of theres is wrong without permission and illegal!If your continue using there mod they created doesent matter no one cares if u made it better cause you copied there mod or used the code practically from there mod!See how many people here care about plaguarism and how u edited the mod.I bet you hardly anyone is going to view your MOD if they knew you edited someone elses and just made it tap better in your opinion as your saying like they are going to download it!Only someone with brains would know the law and know what you have done is illegal!FYI I lan on being a US Marshall and better hope i never catch you doing something illegal!

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Last edited by .DareDevil.; 01-23-2006 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:10 PM
sob is offline sob

I want thank Visor for looking out for WYD.
Pilot's MOD was made for the DFX Demo, I'm happy some one else is making good use of the MOD. and giving Pilot his due's for his work.
Just be carefull Nova was banning are IP's for hosting the MOD in the Demo.
Good Luck
SOB-WYD
Old 01-23-2006, 07:15 PM

Thanx SOB and Hansoon you just better be lucky not many would do what SOB just said cause i do know i have seen many do it and they were not to happy of what happened!As long as WYD approves, im fine with it, I dont care what you do!

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Old 01-24-2006, 02:29 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
glade you all trying to keep a cool head about this.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 01-24-2006, 06:37 PM

Thx SOB, That´s the spirit I looked for.
Visor, thought that US Marshalls would have better education, more knowledge about Law
FYI my father was a bavarian prisonguard and he told me not to be afraid of US Marshalls with .tk in their domain and sexy advertising in front of their page.
Guess what´s my profession................;-)
Old 01-24-2006, 08:00 PM

Listen Hansoon, you keep pushing your luck! Im going to overlook your mod and if it does not show you were continuing his work then people wont be happy!I am not going to go off on you anymore cause I dont care what you do but next time use your brains people can sue you over stuff like this if they want and win!!No, one likes people to make the mod then ask for permission.

Also i dont care who your dad was, he might be a good man and served his purpose, but this has nothing to do with him;only you doing something without permission!

So this topic is closed as far as im concerned

<=CP=> Forums

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP

Free Teamspeak Server

Last edited by .DareDevil.; 01-24-2006 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:59 AM
misterblack is offline misterblack

The Law...

well, i've read this thread and all i have to say is: read the legal mumbo-jumbo of novalogic. it is forbidden to modify the game or parts of it in any ways. in other words: if anyone had to call a lawyer, it's novalogic.

what you guys are talking about is a laugh!
pilot makes a mod for the game. he gave it away for free. so there is nothing to claim or accuse.
he did it for fun and he knows that he did something "illegal", if you consider novalogic.

now the guys from germany modded pilot's mod. so, what have they done?
regarding the law you're talking about: nothing, if you ignore novalogic's rights again.

if you ever read what the guys from germany wrote in their "readme", than you have to be quiet now.
in every pdf, there is a reference to pilot's former "rights" on the mod. they even put a "copyright" into the scopes of some weapons which clearly says: "created by pilot-wyd, improved for full dfx by SoFuRo".
copyright for what??? for a free 0$ gift to everyone? they even did'nt need to do that!
for all the modders, it should be clear to understand, that every change applied to a game is illegal.
they should better be quiet, before the actual owner of the copyrights get aware of them and put their heads in the dirt.

for you, visor, there's one point to consider: you might be pleased by the roll of the judge you play here, but if you really knew one word from the law of copyrights, than you would have never wrote a word about it here in connection with a free mod. a real 0$ business which is illegal from novalogic's sight also!

ok, if you wanna play the upright texas-us-marshall from 1892:
put your stetson on and walk around the corner to a lawyer. ask him about a international law case with zero value in litigation. if you manage not get bootet within 3 minutes, you 're a damn good "fairy tale storyteller".

I've never seen a more useless thread in a forum, really.
A huge bag of hot air from a guy who plays doc holliday, and some others who tried to justifiy a illegal mod which was illegally modded again. From novalogic's point of view!

Let me ask you a last question: what ya gonna do, visor, if the germans wont take back their mod? hire a streetgang, buy 25 tickets to germany and slam putrefy tomatoes on their heads?? you're a funny guy, really. LOL

Ok, that's it. For me.

btw: if pilot is a clever guy, and that should be clear to everone, then he has nothing to say against it.
what better could happen to him than a big revival of his mod?

servers round the world are hosting the "PILOT V8 MOD" (did you recognize the PILOT in front of the name???) and people have fun. what do you want more for a mod, that's nearly forgotten and now revived??

stop talking about the law and play that damn mod!!!

eeesh...........

Last edited by misterblack; 01-25-2006 at 04:23 AM.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:16 AM

Every point a hit!
Please, don´t give some more hints;-)

But, ehmm, PLEASE remember the startingpost.
Now, as the funny part is over - any comments about the MOD?
;-)still interested;-)