Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Joint Operations

Joint Operations Anything about the Joint Operations series of games.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:49 PM
swamprat1 is offline swamprat1

Hosting JO

Can anyone tell me how to setup my pc to host JO?
Old 01-25-2007, 08:20 PM

Hosting JO

Can anyone give me step by step info on seting up my pc to host a game, I have a linksys router and ATT DSL, I have set the ports on the router and JOTR in the firewall and it still wont let me host a game???? LOST HERE HELP PLEASE!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2007, 09:38 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
You have any firewalls running on your computer?

Windows XP sp2 for example comes with a built in firewall

IcI
Old 01-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Have a fast Internet connection and a fast PC. Make sure your firewall allows the game to host, etc. Then you host a server via JO. And that's pretty much it...

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 01-25-2007, 10:51 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
You have a similiar thread in the JO forum BTW.

Some people would disagree with me, but I would prefer Windows Firewall. There's none of that fancy stuff or anything. It allows anything to access the Net as long as you allow it to. That's all there is to it...

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 01-25-2007, 11:08 PM

The firewall has JOTR in it but i still get the ES when I try to join the server, is something or some other program blocking it?
Old 01-26-2007, 06:00 PM

Hey I have it, the IP on the router was messed up, runs fine now thanks, On nova as swamps game!
Old 01-29-2007, 11:34 PM
dflwcat is offline dflwcat

help

I host a game and My kids want toplay in my server on the other computer does any one know how to do that
Old 01-30-2007, 01:27 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Quote:
Originally posted by swamprat1
Hey I have it, the IP on the router was messed up, runs fine now thanks, On nova as swamps game!
good to hear that.

please you only need to make one thread! no need to make more then one thread on the same subject ok

[merge threads]

Quote:
Originally posted by dflwcat
I host a game and My kids want toplay in my server on the other computer does any one know how to do that
tell us what hardware you have ok

you talking about trying to play LAN game with other system in your home?

have you every setup them computer's to work together to play game with each other before? or you already have them LAN ready all the hardware that is needed to plug them together.

basic
computer one LAN cable
> Hob cable connect to>
another LAN cable connect to 2nd computer

basic the hop is a data transfer unit transfer data from one computer to the next computer.

i dead tire right now the hop i talking about is a network brig

stay away from wireless the data is really slower then a cable connection would be.

1. D-Link / DGL-4100 / 4-Port / Cable/DSL / Gigabit / Gaming Router
Stay competitive in your on-line games with D-Link’s new cutting-edge GamerLounge Broadband Gigabit Gaming Router, powered by GameFuel Priority Technol

Source: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...3272&CatId=198

now i not saying to get this at all, it is what i was looking at for my self!

i have 2-computer in my home was thinking of hooking them up together LAN connection and was told something like this would work for me, anyways you need a bridge to connect them together using a lan cable. each computer would need one cable for each of them to connect to a bridge between the two of them, so data can be share with each of them besides using a printer for both of them as will playing games with each other together as will.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 01-30-2007 at 02:03 AM.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:26 AM
dflwcat is offline dflwcat

thanks but

No I host a online game and when my kids try to join from the sever page it wont let them in. I want them to play online in my game when I host online
Old 01-30-2007, 08:45 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
did you use the same 1-Cd when you instill the game into those computers.

can't use the same key-code on each computer, it has to have it own key-code other wise novaworld will block it. only one can log-in host or play at a give time.

each computer must have its own cd to be instill into them no more sharing the same cd key-code to use.

JOTR & Delta Force: Xtreme are like this.

sample: i instill DF: Xtreme into my computer and my brother computer only i use the same Cd Key-code only one at a given time can log-in to play online.

if you have use other key-code to instill into the computer they have their own set of Cds to be use, then it could be the DSL router, call your service ask how to change the setting for these games to work. there no bypass for JOTR or DF:X when comes to log-in and play in servers.

i'm not at home so check see if you can join by IP number (router) don't know if the game have this option still or not when joining a server by IP Number.

there should be able lan or network in join servers, still need to log-in no getting around it.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 01-30-2007 at 08:58 AM.