Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 11-20-2003, 04:32 PM
JimDirt is offline JimDirt

Send a message via ICQ to JimDirt
Mic probs w/TFD&LW but not BHD

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and if so how was it resolved,
I have talked to Nova (via phone) and they cant come up with a solution
PROBLEM:
any time i am on TeamSpeak and play TFD or LW if i change servers(go from one tkoth to the other ,or dm or get out of any server stat or public and go to another) my mic seems to loose its volume ,as to where no one can hear me, i still have sound and can hear everyone else fine , and the only way i seem to be able to get my mic back is to go to device manager and go to sound drivers and uninstall them then reboot it then recognizes them and reboot again , then everything is fine untill the next time i get out of a server to go to another one.
i have tried to find different drivers for my sound card ,but have only found 2 available and have tried them both with the same results
I have also tried running the onboard sound and it does the same thing!
The odd thing is , this does NOT happen when i play BHD , so that really confuses me , is there a file in TFD or LW that i can adjust or update the sound driver to what is used or recognized by BHD ? , as there must be some difference since it seems to work fine in BHD
I mainly play TFD and this becomes very annoying when i have to get out of a server ,uninstall drivers, reboot , and repeat the process EVERY time i go to play in another server if i want to be able to talk to my squadmates while playing!
SYSTEM:
AMD AthlonXP3000+
MSI k7n2g mainboard(latest bios update)
1gig DDR ram
WindowsXP sp1(no other service packs installed)
Creative 512 SoundBlaster Live sound card
Nvidia TI200 64mb video card
1meg cable
As i have stated before this seems to be a issue or conflict between TeamSpeak and TFD/LW only and it does the same with onboard sound(i remove the creative card when i use it)
or with the Creative card , and the onboard disabled in the bios! , so far no one seems to know what causes this problem and i have also tried to run TS and TFD under Windows compatability mode , with no change!! IM STUMPED!!!!!!