Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 08-28-2008, 12:06 PM
IraAten is offline IraAten

Cant join

The last two day I have had problems joining a server. I go through the login process OK but when the server list comes up everything almost stops, the pointer moves around in jerks and even if I get it on to a server I want to join nothing happens. During this time the boxes on the left of the server list are not working either. I have left it for quite a long time in this state but it does not improve. I managed to host a game and play as a single player and when that finished all was OK, the server list was back to normal. I played several games but then had to leave for a time and when I went to go back in the problem was there again and now I cannot even host a game. All my other games are working fine i.e: COD4, MOHAirborne, Battlefield 2 etc. but I still prefer JO, I have been playing on I.C.E mod by the way and have tried all the other mods but they are all the same.
I am running a Asrock 939 Dual Sata MOBO
AMD dual core 2.2 ghz cpu
ATI Radeon 3850 512 GPU
2 gb ram
Old 08-28-2008, 12:41 PM
SgtDylan is offline SgtDylan

what kind of video card do you have? i have a 512 mb. try reinstalling jo. there was a news that novaworld would not work b/c it was being moved to a higher bandwith in preparation for AF. fo you are running vista, run the ice mod on admin mode and as win xp sp2.if that doesent work, shoot yer computer. i broke two laptops beacause things diddent work. chech yer firewall, internet connection, free up some ram or c drive space, you could have some virus. scan the pc with win defender. if there is nothing, then im out of ideas.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
I heard that the servers were messing up, still.

Usually when I login my cursor lags for a while then it goes all fine, but this time it just went forever basically, and when I closed DFX it system dumped...

Anyways we've got this problem as well, so we'll just have to wait for NovaWorld to kick their own asses back into gear.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 08-28-2008, 02:41 PM
IraAten is offline IraAten

I'll wait a bit b4 I do nething drastic then, ah well back to BF2 for a bit I suppose.