Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Joint Operations

Joint Operations Anything about the Joint Operations series of games.

Old 02-13-2020, 09:18 AM
jabo1SFH is offline jabo1SFH

new hosting issue.

ok, just recently upgraded to Cox gigablast cable. had to get a new modem that also has a built in wifi/hard wire router. ended up with the Arris SBG8300.

everything that i have always done for hosting i did, but now i cannot join my own server while on the nova lobby.

has anyone who has the same gigablast router/modem had the same problem, and if so, what solution worked best?

VPN?

also, one machine is xp and the other is win10. i had no issues with my old lynksys router.

Old 02-13-2020, 09:02 PM
Guest001 is offline Guest001

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabo1SFH View Post
ok, just recently upgraded to Cox gigablast cable. had to get a new modem that also has a built in wifi/hard wire router. ended up with the Arris SBG8300.

everything that i have always done for hosting i did, but now i cannot join my own server while on the nova lobby.

has anyone who has the same gigablast router/modem had the same problem, and if so, what solution worked best?

VPN?

also, one machine is xp and the other is win10. i had no issues with my old lynksys router.

Hi, stomps here
Maybe the new router doesn't allow or isn't set to handle 2 connections from the same network client or the IP is now dynamic.

Maybe you'd need to port forward or set up a DMZ like the old days, that's if the router allows it.

Login to the new router and see if there's a setting to auto assign or allow multipla connections
Old 02-14-2020, 04:56 AM

i did all the forwarding and even remembered to edit the config files. no luck. about to try looking for a firmware update.

this modem/router better handle 2 connections for the price i paid for it. cheaper router handled it well, this one should, lol.

Old 02-15-2020, 04:40 AM

I need to work on this subject myself, but currently when hosting my basic router config looks something like this

192.168.0.0 Router
192.168.0.1 Host / Server
192.168.0.2 Client 1
192.168.0.3 Client 2 etc
Old 02-15-2020, 04:44 AM

If you run dedicated try
172.0.0.1 etc
Old 02-16-2020, 04:43 AM

well, i was able to get into the server after about 5 mins, but then it acted like i was in a CI and would not let me spawn into the test map i was running. FFS.

going to go look for an owners manual.

Old 02-16-2020, 06:07 AM

Quote:
well, i was able to get into the server after about 5 mins, but then it acted like i was in a CI and would not let me spawn into the test map i was running. FFS.

going to go look for an owners manual.

I've no idea what CI and FFS means sry

Check you have no mods or modified files in the game anywhere, even a dud bms can destabilize server conditions.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:43 PM

thx Stomp. no, it has to do with a setting somewhere, i just need to find it. no issues until this new network box.

CI=connection interruption.

FFS=for F**ks sake.

Old 02-17-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
thx Stomp. no, it has to do with a setting somewhere, i just need to find it. no issues until this new network box.

CI=connection interruption.

FFS=for F**ks sake.

Maybe the new network box is NFG
Old 02-18-2020, 10:50 PM

its looking that may be the problem. we had cable guy come out to make sure there was nothing wrong with the connections and wiring. all good there.

i have literally done everything possible. forwarded the ports, used only the ones listed by NL in the faq forum, set static ip's, changed settings in the firewalls and in the exceptions properties and it still does the same garbage.

my last option is to contact Arris directly this coming weekend to see WTF is going on. may have to rent a modem from Cox so i can send this back if need be.