Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

View Poll Results: What is more Important to you in todays world?
Life. 14 70.00%
Money. 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2004, 10:52 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Send a message via ICQ to Sal UK
Life Or Money?

This is just a poll to see what you find most important in the world today.

What is more important to you in the world we live in today?

I think of life being more impotant than money, But I know some think of money being the most important, And will kill and rob people for a small amout of money.

Me I never worry about money, if i got it then Im happy but im also happy if Im broke.

OK so I got tired and a bit bored, So I thought I would post something to make others think what is more valuable to you Life or Money.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:36 PM
.ex. is offline .ex.

Money.
Sometimes i feel like my life is nothing...that im not doing any1 any good...but thats how i feel...maybe thats why i listen to rap.
Old 12-11-2004, 12:32 AM
.enfo. is offline .enfo.

Send a message via ICQ to .enfo.
life, u can live without money, u dont need millions

Supporter > < Supporter
Quote:
Originally posted by A TIN OF GAS
enfo... u suck!

p.s. love ya really enfo
Old 12-11-2004, 12:39 AM
GlitchMaster is offline GlitchMaster

Send a message via AIM to GlitchMaster
Re: Life Or Money?

Quote:
Originally posted by Sal UK
This is just a poll to see what you find most important in the world today.

What is more important to you in the world we live in today?

I think of life being more impotant than money, But I know some think of money being the most important, And will kill and rob people for a small amout of money.

Me I never worry about money, if i got it then Im happy but im also happy if Im broke.

OK so I got tired and a bit bored, So I thought I would post something to make others think what is more valuable to you Life or Money.
Clap Clap you just hit 1000 posts
Old 12-11-2004, 04:57 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

Life, mines been crap over the last 2 years but id rather have life than money...
Old 12-11-2004, 05:11 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
good question. no real answer i guess.
i have no money at all and my life is sucking because of it. when Mr Taxman gives me the £800 he owes me then i will be much happier as i will be out of debt and can affort to have some kind of social life again.
Old 12-11-2004, 05:58 AM
Lakie is offline Lakie

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. -Oscar Wilde

I supose it depends what context, i know when i am making a aquisition from ebay (usually swords) that there are people that could use the money for better purposes (not that i think about it).

But then again i am one of the few liberal (principle - not party) people in Australia that supported the GST (a 10% tax on everything - in return a whole bunch of taxes were abolished). The money that is raised from the GST goes directly to states, who provide our healthcare system, law enforcement, primary and secondary education, water supply et al.
Old 12-11-2004, 06:16 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Life is wonderful but you need money to live, on the whole I think living a good life, doing your best and being kind to others is the most important thing of all.

As some of you know I've been married for 26 years now and that makes me realise how very important love is for a happy life!

Warm Regards to all!!!!

Old 12-11-2004, 08:56 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
i have to say Sex.

without money there no food, and what is life without some one to love.

life would be very lonely and no money or life without a love one around you.

1.) love one around you to make you feel great and help with life's ups and downs. "Life"
2.) Money to help with it all. "Money"

lease is life without the 2 top ones, life is mostly dead.

i have no shortages of ladys, i get a lot of ladys calling on me even some house wifes. who like to go out and have a good time with any no-catches.

house wifes i don't jump their bones we go out have a good time then back home they go in same shape i pick them up in. love turning them down for a good time. oh do they every get pea about it.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 12-11-2004 at 09:09 AM.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:56 AM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
Right on Chief!

Life would pretty much suck if I didn't have money. I wouldn't have a home, no computer, no internet, nothing to live for, and certainly none of the great friends I've met via the first 3 I mentioned. So in essence, if I didn't have money, my life would be crap.

And, according to the question, if I have money, my life is crap. So I think it's safe to postulate that if (get ready for math)

no money=crappy life

Thus, money=internet+computer+friends+other stuff+crappy life. And that's not even mentioning the kind of parties you can throw with money

So, I choose money, because I get more out of it than I do living a penniless existence.
Old 12-11-2004, 12:37 PM
Stu is offline Stu
Resident Member

we're lying and saying life lol, erm, i guess thats the truth atchually, money doesn't do much, it just gets you stuff, life, its just a word, but with much more than a meaning than money, Life means, friendship, age, health, family, self amusment. All them are more important than money.
Old 12-11-2004, 12:56 PM
GeeFuss is offline GeeFuss
Cardiac

Hmm you shouldve put women on their...LOL
I choose life definitely...
Old 12-11-2004, 04:38 PM
GlitchMaster is offline GlitchMaster

Send a message via AIM to GlitchMaster
dude money is just paper and life sux so idk
Old 12-11-2004, 05:06 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
life

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 12-11-2004, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Life means, friendship, age, health, family, self amusment. All them are more important than money. [/B]
Ahh, but therein lies the paradox. Free amusement is hard to come by (at least in my neck of the woods). The cost of friends can even be attributed to having money. For instance, if I couldn't afford the internet, I couldn't have met Stevie. While we don't talk as much as we used to, I still count him a valuable friend. And Stevie is only one of many many great people.

So in truth, the question isn't really a fair question. It should be, which would you rather: not as much money, but a happy life, or Bill Gates rich and lead an unhappy life. There's even a great work of literature dedicated to this subject named Faust. The movie Bedazzled with Elizabeth Hurley is an adaptation of the story.

My brain is roasting from all this thinking...my poor redneck circuits can't handle too much of that
Old 12-11-2004, 09:13 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

Im glad to see that most choose Life, I have thought for a long time that people think Money has more meaning than life.

But I can see 2 that think money is more important.

For those 2 Im going to make a scenario And I think they will think differently after.

For the 2 that think money is worth more:
You Have 1000 in money could be pounds,dollars euro`s whatever curancy is used.
Anyway you want to buy a new computer you cant go yourself, You have work and cant get off to go yourself, So A Best Friend says they will go for you so you give them your last 1000 and off they go to get what you wanted, 4 streets away a gang is waiting.
Your friend just walks past the gang but they see he/she has a bulge in his/her back pocket so they follow him/her to a quiet spot where he/she is knocked to the ground and told to hand over what they have in their back pocket, As your friend knows its your money and not their own, He/She refuses trying to protect your money, Suddenly things get out of hand and one of the gang members pulls out a knife and stabs your friend and take the money, your friend is in a serious condition and bleeds to death.

You have now lost your last 1000 and your Best friend, Was it worth 1000 to loose your best friend?

Money is Nothing, you can always get another 1000 but you can never get your best friend back.

As for the ones that said women I take it you mean Life, As without Life there would be no women, But without Money there would still be Life.

Yes I know Im strange...lol But its funny what you think of when your tired..
Old 12-11-2004, 11:24 PM

You make a very good point Sal. I don't want to come off sounding like a Scrooge. I don't think money makes one happy, and I don't think my life's problems would be solved if I had more cash.

I was just trying to show how the question is a paradox. I think one can have money and live a great life, where money may or may not mean filthy rich. I know guys that own their own businesses, are well off, and are loving life, family, and friends. I know guys who are working just above minimum wage and are loving life, family, and friends.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:09 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

I guess you could say that life is so affected by the amount of money you have that one goes hand in hand with the other so you need the money to have a decent life.

On the other hand you can be mega rich and miserable or mean or both but man or women with friends is always rich.

Money is the root of all evil so they say but realistically you can't do a lot without it so I guess you have to find the right balance between life and money.

Regards
Old 12-12-2004, 10:11 AM

You hit the nail on the head Baddog.

Like the song says, "So you say money isn't everything. Well I'd like to see you live without it."
Old 12-12-2004, 12:26 PM
Sal UK is offline Sal UK

well Money was first used in 1200BC, So you dont or didnt need money to live back then.
It would be interesting to see or live in these times, Where all you did was Barter, So if you grew say Potatoes and someone else Grew Tomatoes you would just exchange some of your for some of theirs ect.

Here is the first use of money, And I think it is rather sad what it was first used for...lol

"So Who Invented Money?
The first written records of the use of money date from 1200BC, in the area of land now known as Southern Algeria, although then it was covered with water. Inscriptions in stones record that 'twelve shekels' were paid into the bank account belonging to Algar Hammurabi, in return for 'use of his daughter'. Twelve shekels in today's money would buy you hundreds of prostitutes, all better looking than Hammurabi's daughter, who was by all accounts rather dull.

But let us not get too carried away, because a monetary system existed long before Hammurabi's daughter was bought and sold. That was a system known as bartering. "