Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Computers > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Tech Support Have a problem? Maybe we can help!

Old 12-27-2006, 01:48 PM
JBmtk is offline JBmtk

Error: UNABLE TO LOAD STRINGS

Thats the error I get whenever I startup DFBHD. This game worked flawlessly before I started to add new maps. First, I added 2 new ones and all went well. But then, I added a few more and this is wht I get. I reinstalled..and put in patch and all it well again until i put in the maps. Except whenver I wuld add the maps to packit, I would move the file over and it would say, "no files packed".

So i took the new maps out...the .bms files and problem still occurs. Any help?
Old 12-27-2006, 01:55 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
sounds like the map maker added in some items from a mod that was made when they made the map up.

can you put a link to the page were you downloaded from? so we can see

P's all you need to do is add the maps to the game folder no need to pack-it at all.

leave the Pff files as be. no need to pack a map bms file into it at all, you put the maps into the game folder the game will see the maps anyways (its made that way) even if you host them it still see the maps.

did you backup your Pff files before you use the pack it item to add in the maps? if not you have to re-instill the game over and delete the game folder or them pff files.

don't pack anything into it unless the map maker says so or mod makers say so for a mod update

when you use pack it they pff file get a new file added to them even if you take the maps out they are inside the pff files now, thats why you getting the error maps are not totally remove.

next time zip up all your pff files or copy them to a save folder for save, if them pff files get mix-up you can copy and past them pff files back in as they was.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 12-27-2006 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:00 PM
JBmtk is offline JBmtk

yea, I fixecd the problem before I had the chance to come back here. they were currupt like you said and they wouldn't pack. I was getting the 'errror unable to load strings' whenver I owuld pack a map unsuccessfully and then didn't delete the packXXXXX.txt. Anyways, I the few maps that didnt work were small maps...and called : DRY RIVER : SNAKE RIVER : DEATHZONE

I haev another problem though now lol. I am trying to play co-op with my brother...I got the MasterAddon all ready adn installed..now I just don't know what to do. thanks
Old 12-31-2006, 07:49 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Host a co-op server using it? Is there a Readme that comes with it? There's also a No-CD patch hosted on this site with the 8 player co-op BTW too. Good luck.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black