Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 09-25-2002, 06:43 PM
Ian M is offline Ian M

Post My say on war.

This is a copy of something I sent on a BBC talking point feature. Probably wont get published but I can at least bore you guys with my opinion, uncensored...
Quote:
My concern is that the whilst I see now argument against peaceful resolution, the people protesting with slogans such as 'Bread not Bombs' for Iraq are missing to my mind, the central point.In actual fact they are being almost inhumanley ironic with their protests.
Lets all close our eyes and imagine the likley outcome of a similar campaign in Iraq.
'Disarm not Defy' for instance.
How long does anyone think a small group of honest protestors in Iraq would last?
And surley that is the point. Weapons of mass destruction or no, it is disgraceful that people protest for the liberty of the Iraq people when the guy we need to get rid of is the single worst enemy of freedom to his people. Many many many of whom have already been indiscriminatley murdered already.
Lets not forget how naive Chamberlain looks in retrospect holding, in his hand a piece of paper....
In everyway HIS UN resolution.
You have the freedom to be pacifists in the west. Don't deny others in the world for your own self gratification.
Old 09-25-2002, 07:27 PM
Ian M is offline Ian M

OK an hour later and I am still fuming about the foolish claims comfortable people can shout from their warm homes before they go to their safe beds in time to get a good sleep for their good jobs in the morning.
Amoral war? Bollocks. I sent another opinion to the BBC.
Im getting sad in my old age but it helps me vent my frustration at fools.
The worst part is that I know there is an adjective to describe people who scream ethics and morals from a position that only they can. Twat is my first thought (sorry moderators) but I cant place the actual word.

Quote:
There is much speculation about the 'real' motivation of a war against Iraq by the US and UK. The inference is that the respective governments are actually more concerned about the prosperity of the countries they rule than WMDs held by aggressive regimes.
So what? I am certain that we all sit before our computers in our warm homes, typing these messages and thinking about taking our children to school in the morning excpet Billy who is ill and needs to go to the Doctors.
Are these people that oppose an apparntley immoral motive actually prepared for a country that has no oil to run its industry?
Are these the same people that cued for hours in a panic when the oil blockade threatened to dry out our pumps?
Are you prepared for not eating because the food produced in the EU could not be transported to TESCOS?
Stop being so naive. If its an Oil war or not it is for the good of our children and our comfortable way of life. And if it gets rid of a viscious dictator along the way then HELL! Its for the Iraqi children as well.