Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

View Poll Results: DFX Rating - By the Users for the Users
5 - Excellent Game!! 9 31.03%
4 - Very Good but needs more options 7 24.14%
3 - Good - Can be better 4 13.79%
2 - Fair - I can live with this 2 6.90%
1 - OK - hmm? 1 3.45%
0 - Neutral - No Comments!!! 0 0%
- 1 - I want my Money back!! It Sucks!!!! 6 20.69%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2005, 04:57 AM
SuicideUK is offline SuicideUK

Quote:
Originally posted by DevilDog#1
How much is it in UK??

£14.99

£14.99 @ Gameplay

Game rocks
Old 04-26-2005, 07:42 AM
Scrap_Metal is offline Scrap_Metal

This is 'classic' NovaLogic programming. They dont devistate a game, more like a surgical strike. just enough to constantly aggravate you. I thought people complained enough about DF1 that they impemented picking up weapons in DF2 (may be wrong, been years since I played it). Heres a great annoyance, weapon mode switching for the assault rifle goes auto>single>grenade or burst>single>grenade thats not a natural progression single>auto>grenade is a natural progression. Musta died 57 times getting that confused. Oh here's a great one. cant map the ctrl key because they decided to use it as a modifier ie. ctrl+F1 whatever. too many key binds there for a shooter already. binding the \ key doesnt activate the bind. In the binds it says scope zoom up/down its actually next weapon/prev weapon. In fact I cant seem to find any zoom on any scope or binocs. scope range adjustments have been removed (probably one of the best features DF ever had). And then there is some real kindergarten stuff, like typos in the mission briefings, and words left out. I mean, come on! Did they have three 8 year olds beta test this? scripting errors, like charlie runs into a hole and dies everytime early one mission. please. AI is still horrible, like my buddy get his head blown off, and I'm standing next to him like I didnt even notice, or frag a room, but you missed one guy, and when you run in the room the guy is just sitting on the bed not facing you like nothing ever happened. Thats so 1996. Where are all the weapons? only has one silenced weapon, MP5SD and it doesnt have ANY weapon modes but full auto. That weapon has select fire, single>burst>full. Only one pistol. Heh, guess the 'Land Warrior' fell victim to budget cuts.

Now that I have ripped it apart, I'll say some good stuff. Well aside from the above annoyances, the game is just damn fun. lotsa ammo, lotsa targets, and they all have poor aim :P The graphics are good, not on par with say Far Cry or D3, but the terrain is impressive. They sound is excellent. The M4 sound is authentic, if they didnt sample an actual colt then they sure fooled me. In fact all the weapon sounds are nice. Music not bad either.

Pity, with a bit more polish I would probably have played this a dozen times instead of one. And shame on you NL you are not new to game making. Rating = 2

Scrap_Metal
Old 05-01-2005, 09:51 AM
BANER is offline BANER

£14.99

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/...force_-_xtreme
Old 05-02-2005, 04:25 AM
Xx_jet_xX is offline Xx_jet_xX

Send a message via Yahoo to Xx_jet_xX
Best nova made since DFLW in my opinion, TFD was good but just a modded version of LW, BHD was great if you like restricted console style FPS games. although from a historical point of view BHD was near on the money.

About time they brought back the original style of gameplay that probably got 90% of us hooked on there games.

I'm thinking they couldve added a few more options and a few more weapons. such as m4/m203, delayed grenade, PSG1, ghillie suit, character apearance choices, a MED character, ETC. ETC. seems they come up with great stuff in a game then drop them.

WTF-Squad

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day. -George Carlin
Old 05-06-2005, 03:05 PM
Mach7 is offline Mach7

I think it sucks. There are no medics and armories. Scopes are gone. In some maps when driving vehicles tha cam seems to be jumping around.
I think this game is in no way a good successor to BHD, or a massive update should be made by NL.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:32 AM
bobsm8 is offline bobsm8

Send a message via ICQ to bobsm8
my 1st go i found it annoying and disappointing, am reserving judgement untill ive had chance to play it a little longer.. i did notice far too many evil knievils on the servers i visited though

Give 100% ......or Give Nothing

B.A.F
Old 05-07-2005, 01:36 AM
Jason is offline Jason

5 - I love that game, awesome is the word to describe it. Old days mixed with new graphics. for 20$ well worth it. always have fun playing it too

Old 05-07-2005, 08:18 AM
~MOUSE~ is offline ~MOUSE~

Just got the game yesterday.
Decided to play on some of novas servers.
I am extremely disappointed.

I thought Land Warrior was crap but this is worse.

Spent most of my time being naded by Helli's flying over our spawn.

When I finally hit them with an RPG there is just a bang and a small puff of smoke but they just keep flying.
Trying to hit them with a saw is just as ineffectual.
Finally resorted to Kamikaze attacks with a helli.

The machine guns on the vehicles do not rotate all the way round so they are useless for defence.

Thought I would grab a sniper rifle and try shooting the pilots but found out you are restricted to what weapons you can use.(no sniper rifles)

Having to toggle the scope every time you move with the m14 is very irritating.

Overall first impressions not very good.
Hopefully I will find some redeeming features the more I play.

Old 05-07-2005, 11:05 AM
Scorpion101 is offline Scorpion101

Well, I've been playing it for a while now, and personally, I think it's a good game, with good graphics and a nice engine running it (Ok, AI needs tweaking a bit).

I think that the reason ppl don't like it at the moment, is for the same reasons they didn't like JOPS, TS, TFD, etc etc.....it's new, it's different, and we all have to get used to new controls, new gameplay, etc. For instance, if you bought FarCry, would you be complaining about the controls?....No, you wouldn't, coz it's a different game. Well, so is this. Once you've all played it a while, it'll seem normal, and you'll probably like it more and more.

That's just my opinion. I give it a 5.

Oh, and for those of you that want to use the CTRL key, let me do you a favour....go HERE and get KeyTweak. It works wonders.

Scorp.

Team work is essential, as it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at!
Old 05-07-2005, 02:58 PM
~MOUSE~ is offline ~MOUSE~

The more I play, the worse it gets.

Old 05-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Rampage. is offline Rampage.
Rampage

Send a message via AIM to Rampage.
The game is the best, they did good, I hope people will see Nova can do right and make the consumer happy, I do not bash nova, but they did not do good on their most recent release with Joint Ops and Escalations, but I think there will be a major rebirth of Nova games

Old 05-07-2005, 11:04 PM
Zeke is offline Zeke

Send a message via AIM to Zeke
trilogy you want to buy my copy? i'll sell it to your for 15 us dollars. i only used the cd once, i'll take it off my account
Old 05-08-2005, 05:01 AM
SuicideUK is offline SuicideUK

I hated it first time on multiplayer, but it has grown on me and beginning to really enjoy it, admittedly it takes some time to get used to it. Think Nova could of left the original df1 stocks intact and not added/altered them though.

4/5
Old 05-08-2005, 07:41 AM
Rat Sass is offline Rat Sass

Smile where's my OICW? MP5-10mm?

Since LW, I love that OICW. Considering DFX is back on the SpecOps track, I was surpized that it got left out. And the only thing I liked about JOps was the 10mm MP5... best CQB weapon in the arsenal, considering weight, rate of fire, and penetration. Please, please bring them into DFX.

Other than that, DFX woulda' got a top rating from me.

The "shiney" leaves and fatigues (from JOps) are gone... Hooo-ray. Now camo works the way it should... you don't see the other guy until he moves. Much more accurate. Also, I havn't experienced any glitches when I shoot thru bushes and trees... the collision parameters have obviously been improved. Huah!

So now I'm back to using the M16 with iron sights... wow- deja vu... that's what I carried 35 years ago. And it's still a nasty little piece of steel.

I cracked up when I heard that "bee-deep" arcade sound, every time I hit a BG... I thought I was playing video pinball for a while there... but I got used to it... it can stay.

The AI in the AIs seems to be much better now. They actually run out of buildings, instead of running into walls (for the most part). Good job!

Thanks, NL... you did good!

Rat Sass