Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 02-26-2018, 11:07 AM
K-Sax is offline K-Sax

Little Bird and Special State

I've been catching back up on the delta force med tool via the manuals. I've come across an item I wanted to see if someone could help me with. I'm trying to attach men to the little bird and read about the "special state" in the AI event.
The manual reads:

Special State: This engages special animations attached to certain characters. Most often it is
used to attach Delta units to Humvees and MH-6 Little Bird side seats. It can also be used to
trigger special characters who surrender or throw rocks.

Where is the Special State located in the events menus?

Thanks in advance
Old 02-26-2018, 01:18 PM
Creator is offline Creator

Special State is "Guarding" in the item attributes
You must put the teammate near the little bird and activate "guarding" on the teammate.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:38 PM
K-Sax is offline K-Sax

Sweet! Thanks ill give it a try now
Old 02-26-2018, 02:54 PM
Baldo_the_Don is offline Baldo_the_Don

I just checked. It does indeed call the attribute "Special State" in the manual, but in the MED, it's labeled "Guarding".

There are six AIs named some form of "Habr Gdir top-tier" A through F that each have four different versions, and I know in the mission "Russian Underground", we see the "Surrender" versions of two of them walking around with their hands up. I've never done a lot of work with those guys so I'm guessing they walk with their hands up when you set them to "Guard".

Enemy AIs generally use the "Guard" state as a form of pause. Like, you insert a somali with an AK47, set him to red alert, assign him to a waypoint list, then activate the "Guarding" checkbox, he'll stand there at green alert in the idle animation, effectively blind and unresponsive, until you trigger an action that sets him to "Do Not Guard", then he gets about his business. It gives a mapper a simpler way to get AIs into action than having to unblind, red alert, and redirect them each or in groups.

Basically all the civilian AIs will go into a rock throwing animation under the right circumstances, guard state or not. Some perform a "Squat and eat" animation. It's a good idea to experiment with them, see what happens.

Delta, 10th Mountain, SAS, and Ranger AIs do a sitting animation in guard state.

Yeah, so, the "Guarding" checkbox is what you're looking for.