Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:15 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Regarding smoking

I really don't know why I posted this thread, but I thought I'll just post anyway.

Who here is actually trying to stop smoking?

What I find effed up as I grow up, is seeing a person whip out a cigarette, whip out a lighter, and light up all of that !@#$ and then seeing all that smoke just pouring out!

And then, I think about the tobacco companies out there; the evil guys, and think, what if I had to work there? I'd be helping people dying... I know my heart that I'll never be working there, but I'm just using my imagination and thinking outside the square. No, really.

And on this tobacco site I'm on, there are pages that are telling you about health risks regarding smoking and all, and I'm like, THEY DON'T GIVE A DAMN! I bet you the guys that put all that *bleep* up don't give a *bleep*!

Here are some quotes off the site I'm on (British American Tobacco):

Not all cigarettes are the same. Smokers around the world prefer many different tastes and strengths and our companies aim for excellence in every step of manufacturing.

Swedish-style snus isn’t smoked. It is finely-ground moist tobacco that comes either loose or in tiny sachets and is placed under the upper lip.

"The progress of the tobacco trade…is certainly one of the most curious that commerce presents. That a plant originally smoked by a few savages, should succeed, in spite of the most stringent opposition in church and state, to be the cherished luxury of the whole civilised world; to increase with the increase of time, and to end in causing so vast a trade and so large an outlay of money; is a statistical fact, without an equal parallel."

It's not that I've ''just found out now'' that smoking is bad, I found out ages ago, but I'm just saying, the more I see things like this, the more it disgusts me... kinda...

http://www.quitsmokinghub.com/cigare...redients.shtml

And then you read this... lol. ^

Okay, you guys get it!

Just getting back on track, anyone trying to quit smoking currently?

Umm... okay. That's the end of my rant.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 03-12-2007, 08:53 AM
Spazz is offline Spazz

Send a message via AIM to Spazz
I'm not trying to quit, but I'm trying to get someone to quit. I wouldn't necessarily call smoking companies evil considering they tell people the dangers of smoking, and the fact that tobacco kind of formed America in a way, but I won't go there.

In other words, Skeet Skeet.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:55 AM
Lucky is offline Lucky

Quote:
Originally posted by Spazz
I'm not trying to quit, but I'm trying to get someone to quit. I wouldn't necessarily call smoking companies evil considering they tell people the dangers of smoking, and the fact that tobacco kind of formed America in a way, but I won't go there.

In other words, Skeet Skeet.
Im doing the same but helping a freind quit. It sucks to see somebody go through that **** cuz i never tried quitting.
In other words, blam blam skeet skeet vanilla face
Old 03-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Agree with spazz.. people know about the risks. It's not the companies fault you started smoking.. only you can put that butt to your lips

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 03-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

i dont smoke, the ciggar smokes, i just inhale.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
It's not the companies fault you started smoking.. only you can put that butt to your lips
same as the gun debate IMO. if there was no cigarettes, then there would be a few million people who didn't die from smoking 'em.

i really hate smoking, i can't stand it at all. i hate going into some pubs because of the smell and thick smoky atmosphere. i hate the smeall of my clothes the next day, stinks out my whole bedroom.

i'm really happy that smoking in public places will be banned this year in England
when i went to Sweden, it was a much more pleasant atmosphere in the clubs/bars becasue of this

i always have arguments with smokers, they say i have no right to stop them smoking and it's their choice. yes i agree, that is fine, i never ask them to stop, but on the other hand they think they have the right to give me cancer! they seriously have no come back to that.

my hosuemates smoke outside
Old 03-12-2007, 10:19 AM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

If there weren't guns, people would still die from homicide.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
true but they wouldn't have been shot!

off topic anyway.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:36 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

thing is... everyone knows the risk of smoking.. i used 2 smoke and well it does really impact ur health really quickly, hence y i stopped.. theres nothing wrong with businesses tht sells a product that is bad for ur health.. after all its not mc donalds fault that 1/3 of the US is overweight (sry 2 pick on u guys but its the only statistic i know) but its the person for eating too much.. same with alcohol....

only bad thing about a person who smokes is the smell... they kno the risk of it all, their choice
Old 03-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
Will I am a smoker and love it totally.

I smoke a pipe Tobacco, the tobacco flavor is ether peach or cherry flavor.
I smoke mostly time cigarette that I rollup my own.

incase you may not know this some countries make cigarette out of other things besides tobaccos sample there a brand (not going to list the brand name) of cigarette that is not made of Tobacco at all, its made of flavor paper to smell/taste like Tobacco. I try it smoke taste like paper to me still. (S-Korea) I heard some even use wood boild up then made in to fake tobacco as will.

anyways it will known for many years smoking any type of tobaccos is bad for people then again burning trash out doors or going out doors start a wood fire to get ether harm by it or cook fish on is as bad as will you still breath the smoke in. not talk about burning trash ether that not need to be said you burn it up you smoke it.

You burn anything up you smoke it as will. This including car’s & trucks as will.
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 03-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
true but they wouldn't have been shot!

off topic anyway.
They could have been stabbed with a butter knife, hit with a golf club, baseball bat, hockey stick, chair etc etc etc..... Ban guns? Why don't we just ban everything that could be a weapon.. including anyone thats ever been in boxing or martial arts... were does it end? If it came to it I could probably kill someone with a #2 pencil. If there were no guns there would be something else.

I agree with the smoking thing. You should not be forced to deal with it in public indoor places.. But trying to ban people from smoking in there own car, in there yard and places alike I don't think is reasonable. Your not going to get cancer from someone smoking outside 10-20 feet from you...

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq
Old 03-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Chief ADFP

Make one think why they only point out tobacco?

Who make money off this?
them who like to get free money by taxing big tobacco companies MFG that’s were the big money come from so you tax the tobacco companies MFG' you get a lot more tax money from them, besides Hospitals make good money by treating other as will.

It not limited to tobacco at all. Any type of smoke fumes you breathe in is harmful to the body.

These anti-smoker tobacco groups only go after the tobacco is a shameful thing if you look? other area any type of smoke fumes come from indoor cooking on a fire pit like a wood burn unit or big smoking trucks on the open city or highways do they go after car/truck big time mfg of these things nope.

bottom line its about getting big money is all its adds up to.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:10 PM
VooDoo- is offline VooDoo-

when i was younger i used to think it was bull**** that you could get addicted to it ..
but then i picked up smoking ... been doing it for like two and a half years now, and when i want one i dont go on a crazy ****in I NEED IT OMGOMG i just get kinda pissed or depressed

and all this talk about smoking .. huh .. lol brb
Old 03-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Lucky is offline Lucky

Lol, i need cigs too

anybody tried salvia? supposed to be fine tobacco-like hooka drug thats suposed to make you halucinate, and its legal if you are over 18
Old 03-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Theres a big difference between killing someone with a gun and with a baseball bat. Its a lot easier to kill indiscriminately with a gun, being able to kill with a gun and with a baseball bat is a huge distinction and at least with a baseball bat the victim has a chance...

I dont think gun should be banned per se, but i also dont think anyone should be able to go out and buy a automatic glock or a m16 either...

Anyway, smoking, never smoked, never intend on smoking, if it were up to me id ban the things as they stand now outright, in my way of thinking any pro choice argument is nullified by mental incapacity, if you decide to inhale all that crap then you're not sane. Though i realllllyy hate the things so im biased...
Old 03-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
On the other side a good thing is those companies give the government lots of money, and yeah, it's the buyer's fault for getting the ciggarettes... But still, those companies are making poison!

Well GL to anyone trying to stop smoking lol.

And Lucky, I didn't know you smoked still! I had a feeling you quit somehow...

About the ''smoking in property'' thing, I reckon the owner of the property decides who smokes where in the property, if anywhere. Otherwise if they don't listen, you know what to do.

Well, that's all from me.

Chris
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 03-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Bustin is offline Bustin
DF2 Forever

Quote:
automatic glock or a m16 either
I bought 2 m4 based AR15's on the same day, at the same store. Then again, I am in the Army so just a phone call and I am cleared.

Old 03-13-2007, 03:24 AM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by Chrispy
On the other side a good thing is those companies give the government lots of money, and yeah, it's the buyer's fault for getting the ciggarettes... But still, those companies are making poison!

Well GL to anyone trying to stop smoking lol.

And Lucky, I didn't know you smoked still! I had a feeling you quit somehow...

About the ''smoking in property'' thing, I reckon the owner of the property decides who smokes where in the property, if anywhere. Otherwise if they don't listen, you know what to do.

Well, that's all from me.

Chris
will i hate to point this out but they been making tobacco for smoking over 2000yrs there is a long track reocord people smoking tobacco for a long time in history.

Mike:
in South Korea weapon ownership is out law there totally, if any one found with a weapon of any type they go to jail for a very long time think it like 20yrs or more there no if ans about it automatic jail time.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:53 PM
VooDoo- is offline VooDoo-

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky
Lol, i need cigs too

anybody tried salvia? supposed to be fine tobacco-like hooka drug thats suposed to make you halucinate, and its legal if you are over 18

is'ts the gayest stuff ever, dont do it, just makes you sick to your stomach...
Old 03-14-2007, 07:41 PM
Lakie is offline Lakie

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief ADFP
will i hate to point this out but they been making tobacco for smoking over 2000yrs there is a long track reocord people smoking tobacco for a long time in history.
Yeah but its not the tobacco that pisses most people off and kills people, its all the added crap they put into them acteone, hydrogen cyanide, ammonia etc etc etc