Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

View Poll Results: God or No god?
yes 44 63.77%
no 21 30.43%
I don't know I stupid because I don't have an opinion 4 5.80%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2003, 08:52 AM
*ISA* wE is offline *ISA* wE

Send a message via ICQ to *ISA* wE
I think there is a god but several stories must be untrue.

All this pish about Adam and Eve...come on ffs get a grip..There is scientific proof that us humans evolved from something like an ape which had evolved from other things.

take a look here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/cavemen/index.shtml

Sig of the week: Joint-Ops.net
Old 08-22-2003, 05:53 PM
GrimReaper{BA} is offline GrimReaper{BA}

Religion is not salvation. Jesus Christ is salvation.

thats all i have to say about this
Old 08-22-2003, 06:47 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
CapN'Colostomy
»ûß«

Nice trash post guy lmfao on that post can you think of a better post then that real lame
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 08-23-2003, 02:50 PM
SilentTrigger is offline SilentTrigger
-1PARA-

Quote:
Originally posted by CapN'Colostomy
And I think someone spends a little too much time gaming and watching The Matrix.
Read below the gaming thing to read my real thoughts

My photography website

Old 08-23-2003, 06:18 PM
score is offline score

Send a message via ICQ to score
Quote:
Originally posted by *ISA* wE
I think there is a god but several stories must be untrue.

All this pish about Adam and Eve...come on ffs get a grip..There is scientific proof that us humans evolved from something like an ape which had evolved from other things.

take a look here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/cavemen/index.shtml
Actually wE, evolution is a theory made up by a man named Darwin. And that is what it simply is, a theory. It hasn't been proven. There is adaption imo, but it is defitnitly not Evolution.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. - Albert Einstein
I tell the truth even w`en I lie. - Al Pacino, Scarface
-
------------------------------

only the good die young
Old 08-23-2003, 08:20 PM
Chief ADFP

Jesus said to them,
"if you fast, you will give rise to sin for yourselves; and if you pray, you will be condemned; and if you give alms, you will do harm to your spirits.
When you go into and land and walk about in the districts, if they receive you, eat what they will set before you, and heal the sick among them your mouth -it is that which will defile you. "
Old 08-24-2003, 01:40 AM
CapN'C*cksucker is offline CapN'C*cksucker

Send a message via ICQ to CapN'C*cksucker Send a message via Yahoo to CapN'C*cksucker
Quote:
Originally posted by chief-ADFP
CapN'Colostomy
»ûß«

Nice trash post guy lmfao on that post can you think of a better post then that real lame
Right...I was only kidding. I thought I layed the sarcasm on pretty thick. Guess not thick enough.
Old 08-24-2003, 06:30 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

This post has certainly generated some replies but there is no definitive proof for the existence or not, of a supreme being in the universe. Just like Darwins theory of evolution, religion is based on theological belief, texts and stories handed down from generation to generation and a little added or taken away in the process.

If we accept there is a God of some kind, which is it Jehovah, Allah, Budda? They all have their champions saying that theirs is the only true God and have spent many years waging wars in the name of their "true" God who ever it may be.

The Christian bible says be good to your fellow man and treat him with kindness and repsect. Over 2000 years of our history we have spent more time killing each other in the name of this God or that Deity because the only true God is the one we or they or you choose to believe in and anyone who disagrees is the enemy! Catholics and Protestants, Jews and Muslims have all been at each others throats for centuries over their absolute belief that their "God" is the only true God!

Maybe it's time we learnt to repsect each others belief and interpretation of God and stopped fighting in his name or rather, using him/her as an excuse to slaughter each other.

Maybe we should abandon religion altogether and try another way because if we don't, some fanatic sooner or later, will start a war for religious reasons and the result will be our total and utter destruction and all because of a religious belief!
Old 08-24-2003, 09:44 AM
lil_dude is offline lil_dude

Send a message via AIM to lil_dude Send a message via Yahoo to lil_dude
we will all start over again in years to come technology is going to be so big, countries will have nuke wars, and land will be leveled. we will all become cave men again. if we can blow world up 28 times, then say bye bye, cuz it only needs to be blown up once for 6 billion people to die. i hope i dont live to see that day
Old 08-26-2003, 05:03 PM
asadznet is offline asadznet

Send a message via ICQ to asadznet Send a message via AIM to asadznet Send a message via Yahoo to asadznet
religions are just like storys that every one bealves

<iframe src="http://www.softtech.net/sa/stats/forum/wga.html" width="1" height="1"></iframe>
Old 08-27-2003, 04:01 AM
Ice Cannon is offline Ice Cannon

Send a message via ICQ to Ice Cannon
There is alot of difference between being religious and being christian, I myself was raised in a christian family but went to a catholic primary school. I think that the catholics lead more to just religion (doing alot of acts, doing the church thing, getting all dressed up, kneeling etc) and it didnt really convince me that christianity was really that real. I moved to a christian high school and its really changed me, I actually believe it now, and it helps you get thru all the tough times and when you need help hes always there, it gives you that bit of reassurance when you need it.

Alot of people say thers no proof that the bible wasnt made up or altered, but there is more evidence and early copys of the bible than the works of mozart or leanardo da vinci, and you believe that they are real dont you?

People tell us to prove that God is real, but can you prove that he isnt? History points to it existing and there is more chance of the works of shakespeare to be created and writen out with his handwriting in an explosion in a dog food factory than there is that the world was created in the big bang.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:01 AM
asadznet is offline asadznet

Send a message via ICQ to asadznet Send a message via AIM to asadznet Send a message via Yahoo to asadznet
but GOD is sweet, HE MADE YOU!!!!!

<iframe src="http://www.softtech.net/sa/stats/forum/wga.html" width="1" height="1"></iframe>
Old 08-27-2003, 11:11 AM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

I think we have to be very careful about modern translatsions of texts written thousands of years ago. A lot can and does get lost in the translation of ancient texts. That there was a Jesus Christ I think is true but as to his being the son of God well that can be open to interpretation.

It is down to each individual to decide if he or she believes in A god, what ever he or she decides to call him. Religion has been the source of much conflict amongst mankind for many generations and to this day is still is one of the main causes of war and more lately terrorist outrages around the world.

If we lived by the teachings of the bible or the koran then perhaps we would have a peaceful and prosperous world but people with their own agenda who hide behind religion to exploit the faith of others for their own purposes.

We are all the victims of that explotation and we need to seriously examine the roll religion plays in our lives and remember, many modern societys are more secular now and the church plays a far less important roll in the modern world.

Where people have tried to return to the old ways of a religious belief, we have seen brutallity and cruelty beyond belief in the modern world, this is not the fault of a god but those same people with their own evil agenda.

Certain religious groups that exist now in the 21st century sound like they belong in the 12th century particularly if you look at the former Taliban rulers in Afghanistan a perfect example of what religious mania can lead to.

Regards
Old 08-27-2003, 11:11 AM
Chief ADFP

Blackbelt2
Good point. there is a lot of us like you in believe

I gone to a southern baptize from 5-15yrs of age, did not like the way they teach about god and being two faces at same time. A lot of people they say one thing and turn around and don’t do what they teaches after that gave up on god thing total. At age of 17 gone into the Army as a Infantry man (11B/11M) got hook on to the holy soldier thing got told do the right thing in war and god be with you all the time day or night, that lasted till I was 20yrs old (man I really got hook on that big time). Been save by many church but not one time did I really feel like, I was save or anything big joke.

So now days, I believe in god only my way and his no 3rd parts as in church/religion.
People ask me what religion are you; I say I am Christianity, I believe in God, Christ, Holy Ghost and the word of God. No then more then that. Talk about the way they look at me after I say that basic they don’t say anything more walk away. Spec them come knocking at my door I tell them that they say bye and leave ASAP

P.s had my fill of the US-Army after 10yrs got out 1977-1987
Was 11B/11M Infantry, 88M Trasport spec.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:13 PM
RËVØ£ÛTÎØѫź¹» is offline RËVØ£ÛTÎØѫź¹»

Send a message via ICQ to RËVØ£ÛTÎØѫź¹» Send a message via Yahoo to RËVØ£ÛTÎØѫź¹»
Heres my opinion. I think God is real. If there wasnt a god , who make us , we'd be a pile of raunchy green turds. Even tho im a st00pid tard , I still believe in God. If you don't, probably you will be sent to Hell, which I hear is bad , but u can become a black quickly... but I dun wanna go their I wanna go to Heaven.

P.S. IdaPiMp trilogy is da h0e
Old 08-27-2003, 10:15 PM
RËVØ£ÛTÎØѫź¹» is offline RËVØ£ÛTÎØѫź¹»

Send a message via ICQ to RËVØ£ÛTÎØѫź¹» Send a message via Yahoo to RËVØ£ÛTÎØѫź¹»
i just got to double post... this post is scaring me.. lil dude u scaring me.
Old 08-27-2003, 11:31 PM
blueprint is offline blueprint

Send a message via ICQ to blueprint Send a message via AIM to blueprint
Quote:
Originally posted by XCAL
, who make us

well, original cells kept evolving until we all fell out of our mom's asses (you all know that's where babies really come from, doctors are just lying)
Old 08-28-2003, 12:37 AM
Chief ADFP

Quote:
Originally posted by Short_Fuse
well, original cells kept evolving until we all fell out of our mom's asses (you all know that's where babies really come from, doctors are just lying)
shot that remind me of a dirty joke not going there but the ending of it was "a--Hole babys"

gose a bet like this ( a bet clean the nasty part is "blankout")
You ask some one:
did you eat your mother's "_____" any time in your life? most say; no i never did eat her's "_____"!!. then you come back and say; you must be a a--hole baby then.

You eat it when your born into this world. the good things god lets us do only one time.

Last edited by Hellfighter; 08-28-2003 at 12:43 AM.
Old 08-28-2003, 06:25 AM
Jenny*PR* is offline Jenny*PR*

Send a message via ICQ to Jenny*PR*
And what about this:

WHY did God create different rases? I think since he has more time then us, it was to see what comes out of all these rases after some centuries what is stronger, blond over brown hair, what colour of skin, and eyecolour..kinda biologyclass.

What do you think?
Old 08-28-2003, 02:32 PM
CapN'C*cksucker is offline CapN'C*cksucker

Send a message via ICQ to CapN'C*cksucker Send a message via Yahoo to CapN'C*cksucker
Quote:
Originally posted by chief-ADFP
shot that remind me of a dirty joke not going there but the ending of it was "a--Hole babys"

gose a bet like this ( a bet clean the nasty part is "blankout")
You ask some one:
did you eat your mother's "_____" any time in your life? most say; no i never did eat her's "_____"!!. then you come back and say; you must be a a--hole baby then.

You eat it when your born into this world. the good things god lets us do only one time.
Ummm...No, it goes 'have you ever been up to your neck in your mothers "________"?'

I don't know what the hell you did when you were being born or created in a lab, but I'm pretty sure I can speak for most everyone else here when I say we weren't going down on our mothers the day we were born. And if you were, how you can say that's one of the good things God let you do only one time, is well beyond me. That's all phuqued up. LMAO.