Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 12-10-2001, 07:49 AM
BlackMass2 is offline BlackMass2

Congrats To P&H!

Greets. I just wanted to say congratulations on the professionalism and uniqueness of the guys at Pancho & Heavy. It is truely a creative genius that could manage such an awesome website.

I will truly recommend that if anyone wants to steal a map and take credit for designing it, then P&H is the place to submit it. Don't worry about changing the author's name in the .MIS file, because P&H don't bother to check those for authenticity anyways.

They apparently don't even look at the maps when they review them, because if they had they would have noticed to big ol' WETWORKS written out in barrels in the sky on one of the stolen maps. Of course, the guy that submitted the maps has never been a member of Wetworks, but hey, who cares anyways.

And of course, since they dedicate 20-30 hours weekly on this website, they're not gonna spend another five hours to check the maps that people submit. Remember, in their own words, they have better things to do. In other words, if they are offering a stolen map or two, and you're the proper author, you can just go get stuffed!

Oh, the maps are deleted now, but it took an act of Congress to get them deleted. That, my friends, is true professionalism!

Visit P&H today to see if any of your maps have been posted as being authored by someone else!
Old 12-10-2001, 08:10 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
geeeez

calm down a lil plzz.
as a co runner of a map site ( this one ) i think your comments are unfaur about P&H.com

they provide a great resource for the community. do you know how much work is involved in doing this? well obviously not my friend. both P&H have jobs and the site is done in their spare time.

there is no way that map reviewers can have the time to check the .mis files lol.

how are P&H gonna know who is in wetworks? or who has been in wetworks?

many many maps are coppied and stolen, so what your saying is thats its ok to steal it but its the sites fault if it gets posted!?!? insane. you dont actually mention that there was any problem with someone stealing it!

i do understand how frustrating it must be as ive seen maps copied many times, name changed etc.

but what you would like to see is a map site that spends ages looking through a map and write a lengthy review, mis converterd and checked, screen shots, the reviewers to have extensive knowledge about all LW squads, all done for free, 5 hours per day in our spare time . whatever.
Old 12-10-2001, 08:30 AM

My saying that it is ok to steal maps is sarcasm. Sorry that wasn't made more evident.

As for not knowing the amount of work that goes into a resource website ...... wrong, I do know. I am the webmaster of my own website, formerly known as Delta Force Front Line, then as The CyberVenture Network. I am also a news poster at Land-Warrior.com and the webmaster of my DF1 squad website, and I design custom graphics as well.

Let's see, in addition I have a wife and three kids, I work 72 hours a week as a firefighter, not to mention all the additional overtime and schooling that is involved, I own my own home, after school activities with the kids, church on Sundays ...... I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Now, what was that you were saying about busy schedules?

So don't preach to the choir about having a job and running a website. Been there, done that, still doing it.

If you're not going to give 100% towards a project, then why bother. If it's not worth doing properly, it's not worth doing at all. And no, I wouldn't have been so angry if P&H weren't such hypocrits.

Case in point: they got fired up at JA for "stealing" a site layout/design, and complained openly throughout the DF community. But when someone comes to them, with all due respect, and says "hey, you got two maps that were stolen from us and we're not getting credit where credit it due", and we're told tough luck ..... then, yes, that gets my goat. That makes the guys at P&H hypocrits. They don't practice as they preach.

As for checking who's been in Wetworks ...... the point is, if they had checked the .MIS file to see who the author was, they would have seen it WAS NOT the people that they have listed as the authors.

And you're missing the point of my complaint. They said that we were out of luck, there was nothing they were going to do to correct the issue. That, my friend, is my complaint. That is pure laziness and uncaring on their part. Not to mention unprofessional.

Perhaps it was my fault for not including enough background info in my original post, and for that I apologize. But P&H was wrong in the way they handled the situation, and their stance in this issue says to everyone that it is alright to steal a map and submit it as your own, because they are not going to take the time to check it. Well, here's a solution ...... ask for people to help. Get some staff members.

And to be quite honest with you, I don't visit map sites at all. I came to this one because we were affiliated at one point - my button still resides on your menu - and thought to post my opinion. What I would like to see is for them to take the time to check the .MIS file, yes. Screenshots? Have whoever sends the map send the screenshots. A review? It takes me 30 seconds to write a paragraph review of a map, maybe a few minutes to load the game and run through the map real quick. Reviewers don't have to have extensive knowledge of all LW squads, or even a single one. If the author's name isn't the same as the person sending in the map, that should throw up a red flag right there.

Your rebuttal would be much appreciated on this matter. I'll keep it clean if you will.
Old 12-10-2001, 09:04 AM
CWoFHaR is offline CWoFHaR

Angry

if u don't visit map sites at all, why r u complaining? who's the hypocrit now?

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"
-General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 12-10-2001, 09:29 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
well u cleard up a few things in ur reply. and i dont know whay really happened. but when u just come onto the forum shouting and saying things about my m8s well what am i do to?

i know uve been there and done that and i know that u used to change ur site layout every weel lol.

about the .mis files. i don't know if they were included in the zip file but seeing as 99% of maps are send in by the original owner it seems impractical to convert the .bms to .mis just to check who made it. maybe we agree to dissagreee on this 1.

im not preaching to any choir, i dont know everyones schedules and how much they do work. i just know its hard work.

well i dont want to argue cause im sick and tired of all the arguments in the community. i respect ur opinions and i'll say no more. there is no point in going any further.

and yes u will keep it clean
Old 12-10-2001, 10:50 AM

All right, we'll just agree to disagree on this issue. Thanks for allowing me to express my views on the forum here.

CWoFHaR - I'm complaining because it was my good friend and squadmate who had his maps ripped off. I thought that was obvious? So, while it's true that I rarely visit map sites, it's also true that I am backing up my bud on a matter that we feel he was wronged about. If anything, that makes me a friend rather than a hypocrit.
Old 12-10-2001, 11:26 AM
CWoFHaR is offline CWoFHaR

RollEyes

whatever

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"
-General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 12-10-2001, 12:08 PM
Scott is offline Scott
AKA. Panther

I dont really know what all hapened either but I usually check the bms if I have suspision. Like there is a name in the sky and its not the name of the person that sent it..

Easy way to check who the author of the map is open the BMS in notepad (I have min set to open with notepad) and you will see the author and the name of the map and the name of the terrian

04' Dodge SRT-4, Mopar Stage 3, 406whp/436wtq