Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:07 AM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
Quote:
Originally posted by atholon
Yes I start calc 1 in the fall
I already took it but two years with no math does that to you.
what college you going to?

Old 04-16-2008, 01:45 PM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
SLCC

going to the U of U in a year.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
i been to OFCC
Old Fart Community Collage, upper state New York 1784-2008 still going strong

got my master for headbanger
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]

Last edited by Hellfighter; 04-16-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:33 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

Send a message via ICQ to ShArP Send a message via AIM to ShArP Send a message via MSN to ShArP
lol and like i understand any of those letters on what they mean atholon

Old 04-16-2008, 04:08 PM
"ath-hole"

Salt Lake Community College....feel like a super senior!
Old 04-16-2008, 04:48 PM
Mauser 98K is offline Mauser 98K

lol, gravity a theory, if i throw something into the air and it hits me in the head it isnt theory it is scientific fact.

gravity is the explanation for the constant acceleration toward the center of a mass, in this case earth.

and ya still think it is theory, think of this, you are holding onto a flyweel,it begins to turn ,slowly at first, but then as it get faster and faster you begin to feel the centrifugal forces start to act upon you, and after a certain RPM you will slide off and go flying.

now why dosn't the inhabitants of the earth get slung off the surface of the world by the centrifugal forced of a mass rotating at over 1,000mph, its this theoreticle force called gravity.

and what causes the star to implode onto itself? is it the sucker getting bigger?or is it because it has no more energy to keep expanding so it shrinks and cools subcomeing to its magnetic fields?

it get bigger because it uses up its primary fuel Hydrogen and starts to burn Helium, and the whole time it is burning up fuel and releasing energy but not taking on new energy so its mass gets less but its size increases, how do you explain this phenomenon?

as the hydrogen burns up it start to split helium atoms at mostly its outer surface while the core is almost dormant, and doing so causes the star to burn dimer and cooler causeing the already unstable gasses to expand creating a Red Giant.

remember it isnt gaining any matter during this process so its mass stays the same.

A red giant is a luminous giant star of low or intermediate mass that is in a late phase of its evolution, with nuclear fusion going on in a shell outside the core but not in the core itself. The core matter is electron degenerate and extremely compressed, so the outer atmosphere is inflated and tenuous, making the radius immense and the surface temperature low, somewhere from 5,000 K and lower. The appearance of the red giant is from yellow orange to red, including the spectral types K and M, but also class S stars and most carbon stars.

explain anything?

and ya want to see a worm hole\tear in the fabric of space? they are all around us, you walk past them every day.

on a calm sunny day, if you have a pool, look into the water when there is no wind at the glassy surface, now glance down to the bottom of the pool, you will see tiny shadows on the bottom but yet there isnt anything in the water to cast a shadow, now look at the top of the surface above the shadow,you will see a distortion in the surface of the glassy water like a constant droping of water in one spot, how do you explain this phenomenon?

the water is like a mirror of what is happening that you cannot see, it is sensitave to any sudden changes, wormholes are all the time being created and destroyed and this disrupts the surface of the water creating the shadows on the bottom and the ripples in the surface.

all one would have to do to make use of one of these wormholes would to be to locate one and focus an energy beam into the eventhorizon at a specific frequency reinforcing the waves and making the tear bigger, if the tear gets unstable you will see gravitational anomilies and could result in an event where the wormhole becomes so big it is self sustaining , if this happens it could draw its energys from the magnetic eather surounding us and create a small black hole, super tear in the fabric that binds.

thru the pursuit of knowledge i empower myself to become more than i am, and thru the power of thought i unlock the secrets of the universe. Mauser 98K

Last edited by Mauser 98K; 04-16-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:55 PM
ShArP is offline ShArP

you type to much Mauser lol

but yea some interesting stuff there

Old 04-16-2008, 08:58 PM
"ath-hole"

Tell me about it....
Old 04-17-2008, 06:54 AM
VooDoo- is offline VooDoo-

but anyways ..

yes, i understand the physics behind gravity, but explain why and how it happens..

something having mass in space doesn't not prove why there is some force that drives objects with lesser mass into it ..

if you could prove and explain why gravity occurs, well .. your name would be bigger than Einstein's.

and are you ****ing serious about the pool thing? There are ripples on the surface that allows less light to pass through certain spots on the surface than others .. how the hell do you compare shadows from water to worm holes? I think you should read some creditable literature before you post some nonsense like that.

Last edited by VooDoo-; 04-17-2008 at 07:00 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:36 AM
ShArP is offline ShArP

everything falls at an acceleration of 9.8 m/s²

just had to put that into there lol

Old 04-17-2008, 01:57 PM

the water in the pool is dodo, the water all it does is reflect the disturbances that you would not normaly see, the disturbances in the vicinity disturb the water causing the places thatare diffrent, read the post and you would have seen that.

i guess what i posted is beyond some people.

it is far better to be though a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.

and i will atempt to tell you how gravity works, now dont get lost.

like i said there is a energy that binds us all, this energy is both electric and magnetic in nature, it is in the sub-atomic level in all of our atoms that create us.

there are electrons and atoms, and their nuculi, all have their own fields created and that help keep them from flying apart, think of the universe as the same thing.

all of these atomic particles compacted together share their energys, when all of these particles get of a certain density the fields that bind them spill out to the surounding areas, think of it like static electricity, the bigger the mass the more charge you get, in this case the bigger the mass the more energys are shared and spillout into the surounding environment..

the frequency and charge of these atomic particles attract other particles of the oposite nature while repelling others, all the particles are aligned horazontaly to the axis of rotation, that is why there is a noth and a south pole, it is the way the atomic particles of earth are aligned to the atomic particles of the sun and soforth with the other planets, they are infact magnetic in nature and their absolute position and pull on eachother is what keeps them from flying to far away or getting to close to each other.

the pull on certain particles and repulsion of others also help keep the universe intact and prevents the whole thing from going haywire, remember you all have atomic particles, and this energys coupled with the atomic energys of the planet, help to bind us to the surface.

thats as about as layman as i can get, hope this helps.

Last edited by Mauser 98K; 04-17-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:58 PM
teej is offline teej

Send a message via ICQ to teej Send a message via AIM to teej Send a message via Yahoo to teej
Quote:
Originally posted by Mstenger404
"December 21, 2012"?
i might be the only person that is looking forward to this date. More like curiosity. So many people and cultures think something is going to happen on that date, or rathe that year. So who knows if its a good thing, bad thing, or maybe nothing will happen at all.

TBH, I look forward to see what happens on that year. regardless what it is. personally, I do not think that anything will happen but if so many people believe something is going to happen, than that catches my attention.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott
ok, now that we are all a little dumber for reading that, back to how much IE is better than any other browser
Old 04-18-2008, 08:49 AM
VooDoo- is offline VooDoo-

What you posted is beyond some people because you can't even from an elementary sentence without twenty fragments, so please don't insult me by making discreet comments attempting to call me stupid.

I'm through.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:29 PM

dont change the subject, what does a sentence fragment have to do with you just geting intellectually raped? i answered your questions and your making a case about my punctuation, lol.

have you ever seen Einstein's writing, it is kindof messy and not punctuated well ither, so just being able to punctuate properly doesn't make you intellectually superior to any1.

why do people do that? ya showem up and they start attacking you in some way to try to make themselves look bigger, lmao.

and on the part where you thought i was calling you stupid.
when i posted what i did i didnt name any names, and only a person who is insecure in their intellectual capabilities would consider that it must be them that i was infact talking about.

i could have named names and told said person to go and take an airanauticle phornication with a motevated perferated perambulating pastery, but i didn't and so left it open for interpretation to the insecure populis that will automaticly asume that it must be ment for them.

now go and hide in the corner and continue to read those magazines and comic books that have no info in them, ya know how i got the information i have, i read, encyclopedias, cover to cover, ya should try it sometime, you will be amazed at how much knowledge they like to hide in books.

Last edited by Mauser 98K; 04-18-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:24 PM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
I just played HL1 for the first time yesterday. No s**t. Yes, I had 10 years to play this game - whoopdeedoo.

I'm not totally new to the setting of HL - I know what it's all about.

Just thought I'd mention since we're talking about black holes...
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black
Old 04-18-2008, 05:32 PM

lol, i aint never played HL, hows the gameplay?
Old 04-18-2008, 10:52 PM
Mstenger404 is offline Mstenger404

Send a message via MSN to Mstenger404
awfully hard, and unforgiving. its when you walk past an obstacle that you have completed is when you feel rewarded.

Intel Q9300 Quad~2.5Ghz
PALIT GTX570
ASUS GTX280 Dedicated PhysX
WD Velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM
WD Caviar Black 1TB 7,200 RPM
4GB Patriot DDR3 1333mhz
Intel BOXDX48BT2 X48
Corsair 1000Watt Modular PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
ASUS VG238H 23" 120Hz 3D-Ready
Old 04-18-2008, 11:35 PM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
lmfao

we was talking about doomsday to come and now its HL-game

are we talking the day a game will destroy this great world with all love, the atoms in the game will end all life in this great fat world we all live in lol
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 04-18-2008, 11:38 PM
Sen is offline Sen
OG

Someone said Half-Life? o__o
And LARGE HADRON COLLIDERS?! O___O

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedrumSalad View Post
@Sen: your avatar creeps the hell outta me
Old 04-19-2008, 02:07 AM
Chrispy is offline Chrispy

Send a message via MSN to Chrispy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrispy
Trying to say on-topic, but HL1 I just completed today. Great game - the single player is long as (a bit frustrating but really great storyline), and I had one little match online - real fast-paced, like Unreal Tournament.

Check your PM box Mauser.
Intel Core Duo E7300 2.66GHz // SuperTalent DDR2 800 2GB // ASUS nVidia GeForce 8400GS 512MB // Western Digital 7200RPM 320GB SATA // LG GH-20LS 20X SATA DVD-RAM // Windows XP Pro 32-bit // Thermaltake XP550 NP 430W // Thermaltake SOPRANO SECC Black