Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

View Poll Results: Are you interested in joining Trojan's Militia?
Yes, sounds fun and educational! 18 75.00%
No, I'm not cool enough, sigh! 2 8.33%
Go to hell Trojan! 4 16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2005, 04:18 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
Dads party went well. The food was great. Their were leftovers and I enjoyed them last night and today. Lucky, heh.

I've not done much today. I got up at 6am to watch Fox & Friends. I went back to sleep at 9am until noon.

I came to NHQ and have been moderating and chating for about 4 hours.

One of my buddies may come over later and drink a few brews with me. He's at a Party. My guess is he will be too intoxicated to make it over here though. I'm not waiting, I just popped open a 16oz Southpaw. I'm going to get started early today. I've got to get up at 9 tomorrow and help Dad paint his big wrap around porch. It will take several hours. I kinda hope it rains all morning so I can sleep in, heh.

I'll be back!

••• 26th MEUSOC 940311 93-95MySpace •••
Old 06-01-2005, 02:07 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Send a message via ICQ to Trojan Send a message via AIM to Trojan Send a message via Yahoo to Trojan
Trojan's rehearsal recordings

As many of you know, I am a singer/songwriter/half ass guitarist, heh. I would like you to listen to these recordings and tell me which style has the most potential.

[1] [Roadkill]

[2] [Don't come to me]

[3] [Please don't go]

Last edited by Trojan; 06-02-2005 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:10 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

i like roadkill, its not my type of music but i think its the best
Old 06-02-2005, 02:36 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Cool

I really liked "come to me" Troj bro!!!!

Warmest Regards
Old 06-02-2005, 02:36 PM
BADDOG is offline BADDOG
resigned

Sorry I meant Don't come to me bro!!!

Warm Regards
Old 06-02-2005, 02:59 PM
-live-wire- is offline -live-wire-

Roadkill:

The break is the best part of this song..the lead is "great" the rythm is "good" the drumroll is "awesome"..singer "ok" but he never "screams?? I think the song would be better as a whole if it was a little less scattered..meaning..lose the slower melody and keep it "dokken/ratt style...

Don't come to me:

Funky..cruisin the low-rider delta 88 style...big ass sunglasses and a tall-boy...gold rimmed tooth and a federo..
I liked it but thought it needed more James Brown/Lenny Kravits style vocals..and absolutley needs some female back-up singers...absolutely...

Please don't go:
Accoustic is my "forte" and this song get's my vote for the most potential. I thought it was well constructed and the melody is great...I would accent the song with a nylon strung accoustic and accent the singer/melody... good work!

I have a wierd taste in music..from Audioslave to Segovia...Please forgive me...I also have a "monsoon speaker system" in my car..with an alpine MP player no amp :P

We're all in a giant car heading towards a brick wall at 100 m.p.h. and everybody is arguing about where they want to sit.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:04 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Quote:
Originally posted by BADDOG
I really liked "come to me" Troj bro!!!!

Warmest Regards
Thanks bro

This is the very first recording of this song. Everytime we played it we all improvised at one point or another and we all just keeping following each others lead. It was great fun. I had just written the lyrics 20 minutes before this recording and alot was improv adding to vocals and lyrics during this recording.

Here are the revamped lyrics in poetry form for my book I hope to publish sometime. .

Don’t come to me

Every time I turn around
You are breathing down my neck
Give me a break now darling
Now go on get off my back

I left you girl for a reason
You aren’t what I’m looking for
So get yourself out of here
Before I kick you out the door

I get sick and tired of listening
To you complaining all the time
You ruined this on your own
And you are no longer mine

Won’t you just leave me alone
I’m going to tell you one more time
Why don’t you get off my heals
No more patience and I can’t be kind

You would cry over the littlest things
And tell people things about me
It is your mistake honey child
So leave me, I want to be free

I’ve done things you don’t even know
You can’t even stand to be happy
Don’t try to bring me down again
You’ll be dealing with the family

Couldn’t I please you woman
I can’t be worried about it now
Every time I did one thing wrong
You took my money and headed for town

You gave me too many problems
I just about lost my cool
Our love lasted long enough
I admit I was the fool

Don’t come to me
Don’t come around here anymore…

Old 06-03-2005, 12:08 PM

you guys must have been jamming a while to accomplish that...wow! Excellente'

We're all in a giant car heading towards a brick wall at 100 m.p.h. and everybody is arguing about where they want to sit.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:08 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Thanks bro. Actually it was only our first time all four of us played together. The drummer was a good friend of mine and was my drummer in my high school band, friend and confidant. Played in Roadkill also. We hooked up with two other guys for a jam session and this is what we came up with. It was all brand new to us.

Old 06-03-2005, 01:16 PM

you should do it more often

Old 06-03-2005, 01:16 PM
DevilDog#1 is offline DevilDog#1

Oh yeah ... songs were excellent. Troj you got some talent there bud. Pretty deep stuff.

Quote:
If I don't do that doesn't mean I can't - DD#1
Old 06-03-2005, 01:26 PM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by -live-wire-
you should do it more often
I don't play and sing as much as I used to. It used to be my passion. I've been writing with a friend of mine here lately. Seems like we've been working on the same song since like March. The thing is, we can't decide on the music. I have like 4 different versions for this one song with one set of lyrics that my friend wrote. He's worse than me though. Everytime we record the song, he hears my new version and totally rearranges the lyrics and vocals and wants to record it.

All three songs were real new. From a matter of minutes to a couple of hours of rehearsal. Not days and weeks. So they sound a bit sloppy and rough around the edges.

Thanks DD. I've got more but having trouble with P's server timing out on me while I try to upload more. I said f it.

Hopefully I'll get more uploaded soon.

Y'all wanna hear more?

Old 06-03-2005, 01:28 PM

OooOOOooo yeah! LOL!!

Quote:
Old 06-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Dr. Bullet is offline Dr. Bullet

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bullet
Quote:
Roadkill:

The break is the best part of this song..the lead is "great" the rythm is "good" the drumroll is "awesome"..singer "ok" but he never "screams?? I think the song would be better as a whole if it was a little less scattered..meaning..lose the slower melody and keep it "dokken/ratt style...

Don't come to me:

Funky..cruisin the low-rider delta 88 style...big ass sunglasses and a tall-boy...gold rimmed tooth and a federo..
I liked it but thought it needed more James Brown/Lenny Kravits style vocals..and absolutley needs some female back-up singers...absolutely...

Please don't go:
Accoustic is my "forte" and this song get's my vote for the most potential. I thought it was well constructed and the melody is great...I would accent the song with a nylon strung accoustic and accent the singer/melody... good work!

I have a wierd taste in music..from Audioslave to Segovia...Please forgive me...I also have a "monsoon speaker system" in my car..with an alpine MP player no amp :P
That says it best!

Some cool stuff Troj. If you ever do a studio recording of Roadkill, I wanna hear it for sure. That is one rocking song for sure!
Old 06-08-2005, 11:05 AM
Trojan is offline Trojan
honest toil

I'm back. w00, been pretty busy the last few days. I just took my first sip of a freshly brewed pot of Folgers Classic Roast. Good stuff.

Dad and I haven't got his porch painted yet. Seems like it's been raining every since we planned on getting it done. The grass needed all the rain but the soy bean farmers may have gotten too much. The cotton is sprouting. Many green fields here. The sun is shining and it should be a hot day. I'll prolly jump in the pool later this afternoon.

Monday, I bought a new used car. I traded in my truck for something with more room. I had a 2003 Ford Ranger Edge and traded it for a 2002 Ford Taurus SEL. You may think, why trade for an older car but listen to this; My new car new was listed for $26,000 new in 2002. It was previously owned by an older couple that took great care of it and only drove 20,000 miles. It's not even broke in yet. It is black, has a sun roof and rear spoiler. It has a 24 valve Dual Overhead Cam V6, leather interior like brand new, power everything, front and rear airbags, tape deck and 6 disc CD changer, Auto tranny on console. It is a very sporty luxery mid sized car. The nicest car I have ever had.

I will have some pictures hopefully by sunday or monday of next week. Digital cam is in San Diego until saturday. You really need to see it to appreciate it. If you rode in it, you would love it. It's better than a Caddy to me because I am a Ford fan. It has high performance suspension and tight steering also. I can barely press the gas pedal to take off or my new tires will just peel out and squeel. It is a high performance vehicle to be so luxerious for the price.

I could have bought a 2005 standard Taurus for as much as I got the 2002 loaded SEL but it was so nice I had to get it.

I looked at some Mustangs to but decided to go with sport luxery instead of just sport. I'm very happy. I bought a 3 year 72,000 mile warranty for little to nothing and GAP insurance from the dealer just to be safe. I kept the same payment as my truck was.

I've done business with this dealership before several times. I walked in, talked to this cool sales guy for a few minutes. I told him I wanted something with more room, less payment or very close to the same and safe. Safety is a big issue with me because of my children. The Taurus has a 5 star crash rating. Anyway, He said I just got this car in a few days ago and already have someone interested in it but we can take a look if you want. I said sure. He went and got it, I didn't have to walk over to see it. It is a huge lot, the biggest showroom in North Mississippi. I jumped in, drove it a few miles and loved it. When we got back. Another guy was there looking to buy it plus a woman from Tennessee was trying to get loan approved to buy it. The salesman was determined to get it off the lot as fast as he could and hooked me up. The did the paper work, got my loan set up and sent me on my way in my new car.

When I got home I called my insurance company/bank and got coverage on my new car. The want me to refinance it through them. I don't know why I didn't think about that to begin with but Wells Fargo approved me with an outstanding rate. My insurance company then told me they would approve me for up to $50,000 if I ever wanted to go with them in the future or refinance this time.

I told them thanks and I will think about it. They said they would match or beat Wells Fargo's rate. Awesome huh? I thought it was. Well anyway, I haven't even tried out the CD changer yet. I got out all my old tapes though and it the audio system is also a high performance Mach system. It sounds awesome. So, here I go. Going to go check it out. Cya! I'll be back.

Old 06-08-2005, 11:09 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve

looks good
dont think i can get it here though

look forward to the pics of the new car
Old 06-08-2005, 11:15 AM

Waiting for Pics Troj!

Don't drink coffee here. Only Green Tea once in a while

Quote:
Old 06-09-2005, 12:40 AM
atholon is offline atholon
"ath-hole"

Send a message via MSN to atholon
Hehehe I am downloading copyrighted troj music. Now he is gunna sue me.

That you singing troj? You have a higher voice than I thought. It sounds really good, you could sell that stuff.

Can I be your agent
Old 06-09-2005, 08:36 AM

you gotta scream Troj! like this ...Rooooooooooooooooooooooock and Roooooooooooooll....except a lot louder......just on Roadkill...

Post some more man..you guys have something going..stick with it bro..you are "eat-up" with talent...
<:{{{}}}><

Old 06-09-2005, 09:14 PM

Quote:
you gotta scream Troj! like this ...Rooooooooooooooooooooooock and Roooooooooooooll....except a lot louder......just on Roadkill...

Post some more man..you guys have something going..stick with it bro..you are "eat-up" with talent...
Quote: