Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Off-Topic > General Chat
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General Chat Talk about anything that does not fit into other topics here.

Old 12-01-2006, 07:37 PM
Predator is offline Predator

stopping cheaters

hey guys, i need help trying to stop cheaters from coming into our server. iam talking about the ones that are hard to catch. seeing and shooting nades through walls, some of them just know where everyone is and nades them. we can band them but want to know first if they are cheating or just that dang good. Please help thats Pred. sorry we play DFBHD
Old 12-01-2006, 08:00 PM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

can never stop cheats, argus doesnt even work, only thing u can do is have a dedicated admin list and monitor it, or just ask squads to send their ban lists
Old 12-01-2006, 09:27 PM

well i see this anti-cheat collective squad, or what is anti-cheat
Old 12-01-2006, 09:42 PM

also has any one heard of this. a guy came into our game one day and said two players were cheaters, we asked him how did he know, well he says he plays different servers all the time and had a download cheat to see other cheats. the admin now is looking to find the cheat only to catch cheaters for hes players. he thinks its call chams or something.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:53 PM
IcIshoot is offline IcIshoot

Send a message via AIM to IcIshoot Send a message via MSN to IcIshoot Send a message via Yahoo to IcIshoot
joining an anti-cheat squad/league doesn't stop the cheaters. They are bascially just a group of squads who don't support cheaters and don't cheat them selves.

Easiest way I have found to check for aimbotters/wall hacks is to have a map were the players spawn randomly in boxes.

Example: I have a map in our server that is made up of 50 cells (4 walls making a square, 8m x 8m). 5 cells wide, 10 cells long. All contained in an enclosed area.

40 of the cells have both red and blue team spawns. So each player when they respawn spawns in a different part of the map depending on where the bad guys are.

you and a friend join opposite teams, one to watch the guy the other to act as bait.

The bait just stands in his spawn. Don't move, jump or do any thing to make noise that could tip some one off.

If the suspected cheater comes up to that cell and drops a nade in there with no hesitation, he could very well be running something.

Obviously, I would watch him do it several times to make sure it wasn't just a lucky guess.

It has been my experience that most of the aimbotters/wall hacks can't resist an easy target like that. So if they know your there, they will kill you.

Also if some one knifes you inside the cell then there is a good chance he either ran through the wall or teleported inside.

If you would like to see this map in action, swing by ! *CS and ask to see 50 cells in a box.

If I'm admin I'll play it (which I am 99% of the time).

IcI
Old 12-02-2006, 05:25 PM

no i think the cheat is called c***** or *****

Mike Note: Please dont name cheats here...

Last edited by Lakie; 12-03-2006 at 12:53 AM.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:18 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
pls read the forum rules Predator

it ok to talk about stop them or asking for help, not ok to start flame about it or name them off.

one time warning
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 12-03-2006, 05:01 AM
-Tigger- is offline -Tigger-
BB

Quote:
Originally posted by Predator
also has any one heard of this. a guy came into our game one day and said two players were cheaters, we asked him how did he know, well he says he plays different servers all the time and had a download cheat to see other cheats. the admin now is looking to find the cheat only to catch cheaters for hes players. he thinks its call chams or something.
theres no such program that shows whos cheating was prob sum kid getting annoyed at some player and determined to get him kicked
Old 12-07-2006, 04:23 PM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Would be neat if PB or Nova started a site for sending your ban lists to with proof of the cheater so they can put the ips in like a system like Punk Buster works but instead everyone who hosts downloads a program that will ban any ip on the list from the server of ips and kick them instantly from there game server.

Now thats a good idea!

It would help loosen up some of the cheaters and its a step to improvement on elminating them!

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?

Old 12-08-2006, 12:08 AM
3dhomejoe is offline 3dhomejoe

i heard that nova is going to update BHD and add PB to it, if they do that would be cool to have, it can catch some of the cheaters but not all

http://3dhomejoe.us.to for FREE stuff and more
Old 12-08-2006, 06:56 AM
Hellfighter is offline Hellfighter
Chief ADFP

Send a message via ICQ to Hellfighter
ÐÅR€Ð€V¡£=CP=
ISP Change all the time specialy if they are on a dailup.

when a person go online if they go offline totally they can ask for another ISP# most of the time it done right way.

PB has a great way doing it by the Hardware ID, only way get around it buy another computer system its been tag if they ban some one. they also that in count the Key-code use for that game as will. instill it another system still get ban

PB Supported: BF1942 (still)
Not PB supported: JOTR (drop)

JOTR lost the race
JOTR Vs BF 1942 (Ads on the box)
it could not hang in there
*Discord: Unknown77#7121
Playing now days: EA Games> swtor [star wars old republic]
Old 12-10-2006, 08:23 AM
.DareDevil. is offline .DareDevil.

Send a message via ICQ to .DareDevil. Send a message via AIM to .DareDevil. Send a message via Yahoo to .DareDevil.
Yea im aware of that Chief and i do agree about the CD Key but they can only do cd key now if they remake the game most likely due to the byppass screen.Im not sure an update would take it off would it?

I know ppl can change there ips but some have to ask there ISP to and some ISPS want a good reaon to.But after so many ips and being caught in other servers and there ip sent to a system that updates by having someone monitor it a few hours every day, adding new ips and verifying proof.They will eventually get the idea they cant hide anymore and are going to get banned within just a few minutes from everyon running this program hooked up to the system of ips on there server.

Which PB will do pretty much the job its just it should be required everyone enabling it and have it running to host.

Still PB has failed to catch the aimbot cheats in JOTR, and its one the worst ones used i have seen.

<=CP=> Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com/camouflagedp

Free PHPBB Forums
www.phpbbplanet.com

<=CP=> Teamspeak IP
209.190.31.155:5001

Free Teamspeak Server
http://www.going-live.com/vb/index.php?

Old 12-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Erik is offline Erik

I'm really shocked this post has gone on this long. In DF1 we had MoB and they cheated all the time but we dealt with it. It was vindication when we would kill them in a server by at least 25 kills. Of course...after that I became a merc for squads.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:31 AM
SpecOpsSniper is offline SpecOpsSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator View Post
hey guys, i need help trying to stop cheaters from coming into our server. iam talking about the ones that are hard to catch. seeing and shooting nades through walls, some of them just know where everyone is and nades them. we can band them but want to know first if they are cheating or just that dang good. Please help thats Pred. sorry we play DFBHD
MINI on TTB server looks cheating and the guy name starts from 55 (all are numbers)are using wallhackcheats
Old 06-06-2017, 11:29 PM

i encounterd thes cheaters they killed my many times forced me to leave the server.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:30 PM

Well we can stop them by making them dumb LOL
Old 06-06-2017, 11:32 PM

Well we could make a organization which banns players
example:
MINI Cheated on Tahagamer then Tahagamer reports to the org then org banns the player
Done N done
Old 06-06-2017, 11:33 PM

Im going to keep an eye for cheaters (MINI)

OR We warn all servers
Old 06-06-2017, 11:35 PM

OH look this link
https://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/561605-d...wk-down/cheats

(chaet site)