Go Back   Novahq.net Forum > Games > Delta Force
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Delta Force Anything to do with the Delta Force series of games, DF1, DF2, LW, TFD, BHD, DFX, AF etc.

Old 06-19-2003, 10:24 AM
AirDeath is offline AirDeath

end of teh week...7days
Old 06-19-2003, 01:13 PM
RK is offline RK

7 to 10 working days ....
Old 06-19-2003, 09:56 PM
SSGWarHog is offline SSGWarHog

Send a message via ICQ to SSGWarHog
BHD Cross Hair Changer

ACG has this under investigation since we received a BHD Cross Hair Changer from Filur of Ansi Heroes, interesting here that a post here was started by JèrséÿÐèvíL who seems to have managed this also.

ACG is in contact with R&D at novalogic in regards to this for investigation as a cheat or something they left out of the game and in no way allows someone to have an enhancement over another player.

Once we recieve our answer then our decision will be posted.
In the mean time this is not available from our webiste nor from Ansi Hereos.

Here is what it looks like for those interested

Old 06-20-2003, 04:00 AM
JèrséÿÐèvíL is offline JèrséÿÐèvíL

"ACG has this under investigation since we received a BHD Cross Hair Changer from Filur of Ansi Heroes, interesting here that a post here was started by JèrséÿÐèvíL who seems to have managed this also."

Interesting indead.Especially since I started this thread 3 days before they posted this file.

I can assure you that I havent sent the crosshairs.tga to anyone besides StevieB and Nova yet.And that was after this other guy posted his crosshair aparently.So in other words,I dont know filer nor did he get any help from me.
This thread is genuine.I just wanted to change my crosshair color as you can see from the first post in this thread.SO I spent the rest of that night and some of the next morning figuring out how to do that.

All I can assume is that he already had it figured out.Saw this post and felt the pressure to get his file up for DL faster so he could be the first I guess.

Either that or he read this post and somehow managed to hack me which I doubt is the case.

Anyway if you guys want some high quality crosshairs like the GR ones or some of the uniqe custom designes Im working on I will be the one to get them from.And more imortantly a set of the default BHD crosshairs in 8 different colors.

If you like little triangles at the tips of you crosshair then filers your man lol.

filer makes neon pink helo skins too I noticed.hmmmmm

Anyway like I said Im not gonna release something to the public that may be viewed as a cheat so I will just keep this project on ice untill I get my response from Nova.

Last edited by JèrséÿÐèvíL; 06-20-2003 at 04:18 AM.
Old 06-20-2003, 12:41 PM
—ƒ¡|ür—™ »AH«™ is offline —ƒ¡|ür—™ »AH«™

Send a message via ICQ to —ƒ¡|ür—™ »AH«™
Listen .... I did these Xhairs, a couple of weeks ago... I made an update 19th june... The first version were released on the 14th of june or so.. But i had it ready for some time.. I did not see this post until today, were someone close too the big boards told me... Dont say something bad about me, come directly too me instead, hate too find out from someone else.. The reason i did these Xhairs, was simply because i thought that people wanted them.... And it seems like they want them... go check out www.dfvhd.dk and see how many Dls there have been...
Second off all... I did not make any skin for a PINK HELI.. plz read the author off that, and read closely. I do not know how too make skins.. Im a mapper and i modified the Xhair, thats it.. And since the NL servers are allowing u too play ´with the modded Xhair, its not a cheat nor a skin. Its purely a HUD colering and for "THE LOOKS" ... The 2 big ones "1337" and "SUPER1337" is a joke, they are both coveribg the enemy, and thats why u have to be 1337 too hit someone with that...

Out --------------------->
Old 06-20-2003, 12:43 PM

And your xhairs they are nice, but they are from GR....
I made mine myself exept the Small ones.
Old 06-20-2003, 01:03 PM

and too my previous post i mean ...

GO CHECK OUT www.dfbhd.dk

not www.dfvhd.dk

Type error
Old 06-20-2003, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JèrséÿÐèvíL
"ACG has this under investigation since we received a BHD Cross Hair Changer from Filur of Ansi Heroes, interesting here that a post here was started by JèrséÿÐèvíL who seems to have managed this also."

Interesting indead.Especially since I started this thread 3 days before they posted this file.

I can assure you that I havent sent the crosshairs.tga to anyone besides StevieB and Nova yet.And that was after this other guy posted his crosshair aparently.So in other words,I dont know filer nor did he get any help from me.
This thread is genuine.I just wanted to change my crosshair color as you can see from the first post in this thread.SO I spent the rest of that night and some of the next morning figuring out how to do that.

All I can assume is that he already had it figured out.Saw this post and felt the pressure to get his file up for DL faster so he could be the first I guess.

Either that or he read this post and somehow managed to hack me which I doubt is the case.

Anyway if you guys want some high quality crosshairs like the GR ones or some of the uniqe custom designes Im working on I will be the one to get them from.And more imortantly a set of the default BHD crosshairs in 8 different colors.

If you like little triangles at the tips of you crosshair then filers your man lol.

filer makes neon pink helo skins too I noticed.hmmmmm

Anyway like I said Im not gonna release something to the public that may be viewed as a cheat so I will just keep this project on ice untill I get my response from Nova.
JèrséÿÐèvíL hey dude was not accusing you of anything, I found it interesting to see another post was startted here by yourself and contacted FILUR to advise thim of this since he relseasd his last week.

Also to let people know that this changing the cross hairs patch is under investigation like most patches by the ACG as a resource site who goes after cheaters, people that make trainers and illegable patches which can be used by someone as an advantage over other plares and wanted eveyrone to know that ACG has sent this to R&D at Novalogic just like you did and we are awaiting their answer just like you are so we all know what they think.

As far as the "pink elephant" I mean helicopter since you know about that then you know who made it and it was not " I spell for you " FILUR of Ansi Heroies who has been around this community for a long time. So don't make assumptions as it is not correct thing to do.

Its good to see that your on the same page as we are at ACG and contacted Nova in regards to this. In fact Filur's informtion, website, email etc where included with our mail to Novalogic cause Filur also wants to make sure this is just something that they omitted in BHD just like coop becasue of one of their resource expanations.

Stay cool we all shall know when Nova gerts back to us. Enjoy the game
Old 06-21-2003, 07:07 AM

ƒ¡|ür, My apology. but let me explain my initial impression of your website when I stumbled on it a few days ago.

I came across your site by doing a google search for "DF packit"

Upon entering your site (I had never been to BHD.DK before this) and scrolling down the page in the news section I see your "X-hairs" pack and say to myself.
"Great I wasted the last 2 or 3 days working this out for nothing. Its already been worked out by this guy."

Then I read the date the file was put up for DL and it says its only been there since day 3 of this thread.

Then I scroll down a bit and see this

I don't bother reading the authors name and mistakenly assume it is your work as well.

I say to myself. "Hmm this guy just decided to post this file but I don't recognize his name from the thread I started. I wonder if he had this in the works and started feeling the pressure to get his out there first?" Plus I'm thinking. Wow that's a great big cheat skin for assholes that want everything neon pink so they can spot it easier. Why did he make this piece of crap that's totally devoid of panel lines/rivets/weathering and is obviously designed for people who want to be able to spot it easy.

Can you imagine how negatively pink vehicle skins for Team Saber will be for MP if the No Skins function doesn't prevent it?

Anyway back to the subject here.

I have been treating this thread as a way of getting an idea of whether or not this is the sort of zip that should be made available to the public.

If I wanted to be the first to having a crosshair pack out I could of had it on my webpage and linked it in every major DF forum aprox 1-2 days before yours surfaced.

Instead I decided to take the approach of seeing what the general thoughts on these type of modifications were here first and have even went so far as to e-mail Nova the file I am intending to distribute first and also provided them a direct link to this thread.

I have no hard feelings towards you ƒ¡|ür but in my opinion you are correct you are a mapper not a Photo Shop wizard and it shows in you compass.tga You some more experience with alpha channels before attempting to do these sort of things

Yes that's right its sloppy bro sorry. lol
It's sort of like if I asked my auto mechanic to fix my helicopter. Sure it would work but it wouldn't be quite right.

I actually applaud you for doing this for the DF community I just wish you would have went about it in the proper way like I was trying to do here and not just go and post it hastily and unfinished apparently? What's that in the readme "corrected being able to return to default" lol you mean forgot to add the original crosshair.tga for backup purposes?

I like that you made them with the BAT files and all so that the average person never sees what going were but it doesn't take a genius to just "install" to there desktop and get the tga.

My approach to "installing" them differs slightly where it's not a big secret thing. Your simply dragging and dropping your new crosshairs.tga in

Anyway I would say good job but I think good work is the more appropriate word here.
Sorry but your work just doesn't scream, "I'm a pro at this"
Your maps may well be very good but I think your strayed out of your ring of expertise on this project, no offense.
Also thought I'd just point out that you forgot to add the original compass.tga for backup
Or "reset" as you call it.

Here's one I made for myself before realizing you'd done one already as well.

As for those being GR rets. Yes they sure are, but your forgetting I had no reason to start doing truly custom ones yet. I was waiting to get a green light from Nova first so I didn't feel the need to bother starting on them yet. But incase you'd like a peek at the ones I'm using now here you go

If you have sniffers out there reporting on posts of interest to you like you say then I would like say thanks for nothing to whoever waited so long to mention it to you and for not posting a reply here so as to save me the time an aggravation I had to go through to work this out myself.

Now on to your posts SSGWarHog-USA,

in the comments for Filurs June 15th X Hair pack you wrote:
"This is being investigated by the ACG and Filur of Ansi Heroes has removed it from his website for download. I have requested Admin do the same here."

Filurs site

this site is non-existent. At least it is now I've never been there before so...

Now this has me very confused. You are the head of some anti-cheat group but the site that you Moderate is the only one supplying this zip that you say should be removed.
Are you a low man on the totem pole or something? Or is this just something were you say one thing and do another?

Do you have any other questionable DL's available on you're Anti-Cheat site? lol

Also SSGWarHog-USA were you aware that your site:
BHD.DK site

Has the same exact background color and basic gold/black theme as this cheater.dk site?

DK Cheat site

Where is "ACG"s website I'd like to see your page please

If I've hurt anyone's feelings with this post all I can say is Oh well, life is tough sometimes.

Last edited by JèrséÿÐèvíL; 06-21-2003 at 07:16 AM.
Old 06-21-2003, 08:02 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Steve
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD IT THERE EVERYONE!

chill out or have the discussion at another site or on instant messanger.

respect our rules and no one kets kicked!

all i can say is that sites - especially big resource site need to be very careful about posting skins - hence we dont have any here apart from 1st person weapons.

i'm in favour of realistic skins and i skin and make maps before i play the damn game at all, but i always play the game as it comes if online.

having a bright pink helicopter is not how the game was meant to be played - u can see a player stood next to it much easier than a regular one. therefore it gives the player with the skin an advantage = cheating IMHO

it is simply easy enough to say that altering ANY file of teh game is cheating - i hope everyone can see this point i.e. you are not plaing the game has it was intended and installed.

but of course ppl want to alter the game for good or bad reasons. adding new skins is fun and can make the game varied enough to add more interest. but DF resouce sites need to be responsible enough to know what is good and what is bad.

if skins are single player then that is great! no complaints about that at all. but there are few multiplayer skins that would be fair IMHO.

it depends on your viewpoint, i would say that crosshairs were ok to use but my squad would probably give me a choice - remove them or remove my tags.

we discussed the north/south/east/west markers on the spin map also and we determined it to be cheating as you get a slight advantage over someone who doesnt have it.

other game communities don't care as much, i.e. battlefield 1942. u can get loads of skins for that and no one complains. weird!

we care about the players and promote fairness. let the calm discussions continue
Old 06-21-2003, 08:22 AM

Ok StevieB, Ive vented lol but one thing.The main reason for this whole thread is to see if it's somthinng that could be distributed freely amongst DF players everywhere.So if everyone had easy access to them on most of the DF sites that would mean no-one had an unfair advantage since everyone has easy access to them.

Anyway it's too bad that "skins" has to be a bad word in DF
its not like this in any other game that I play.
In other games people thank you for doing this sort of thing.In this one all the Witch hunters fire there torches up at the first site of the word "custom" or "skin"

Its just too bad Nova will never add a "Mods" folder to any DF game.

They are loosing out by not supporting MODs imho

My idea of how things should work is simple.Custom players skins should never be allowed to work in MP unless its a MOD server where everyone is expected to have custom player skins.

Color and or Custom Crosshairs should be looked at as a preference rather than a "MOD"

I mean seriously what possible advantage can a different crosshair provide anyone?

As for the Compass your probably right.I guess that someone with it does have the advantage.But I feel sorry for the guy who REALLY NEEDS it because if someone ever gets him one of those watches that only has the 12 on it then hes screwed lol.

Anyway Im leaving town till sunday night we can continue this wonderfull thread then
Old 06-21-2003, 08:35 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

isn't team sabre gonna be moddable hope so
Old 06-21-2003, 09:24 AM
SAS*PR* is offline SAS*PR*

Send a message via ICQ to SAS*PR*
If you have skins and you are playing in a clearly marked game for skins then skin all you want. As long as everyone is playing the same version of the skin. It's like when the Masteraddon came out for the Demo version of BHD. People that didn't have the addon were saying the others that did have it were cheating. I didn't see it that way, seeing the the games were marked MasterAddon, and the url to get the Addon was out. So you had a choice to get the skin and play on a level playing field, play with just pistol at a great disadvantage, or leave service and play a NON Masteraddon game.

If someone is running around with a skin that makes everyones uniform florecent Orange. and he's able to see people easier and no one else either knows he has it, or the server isn't marked as a Florecent Orange uniform server then I feel that is cheating.

Anything that gives you an advantage over the others is cheating. Not including PC Hardware.
Old 06-21-2003, 12:08 PM
Gen. Jann *PR* is offline Gen. Jann *PR*
Lord of Lag

Send a message via ICQ to Gen. Jann *PR*
yes, agree with you there SAS. skinning is a art, i know.. but only way to use skins would be if novalogic was to release an update with new skins integrated. i mean i've you put the new skins up here... still 90% of BHD players wouldn't get it.. only way is official update. otherwise i consider it as cheating.
Old 06-21-2003, 03:41 PM

Just wanna say one thing too you JèrséÿÐèvíL.....
No i am not the best at making pictures, but i do not care... Go get a job at a GFX studio..
Dont haras people.. I made the radar, and i know its not great.. But i did not consider too make a reset function. And no i do not know how too program, a thing either.
And if anyone wants too make their, own xhair.... Go get a pff extractor. Its not that difficult and maybe we should blme the creator behind this tool too????
hmmm.

and my site is www.anisheroes.dk

the ACG site is www.anticheatguild.com

I have nothing too do with www.dfbhd.dk

i only release maps there, and awfull gfxs...(your oppinion)
And yes i get information around.. And it is nice too see that the internet actually isnt that big afterall...

And u write something in the start off this thread.. That u finally made it. But were not sure you will tell, how to.. If anyone wants too know, contact me!!

if u wanna continue talking down too me, contact me on my ICQ 167086964 or MSN remedy_dk@hotmail.com
Old 06-21-2003, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by StevieB
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD IT THERE EVERYONE!

chill out or have the discussion at another site or on instant messanger.

respect our rules and no one kets kicked!

having a bright pink helicopter

The Pink Chopper was made by Eagle Eye ( 335 downloads to date ) and was made as a goof as far as I am concerned. NO one in his right mind whould use it.
Old 06-21-2003, 05:07 PM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

hehehe
Old 06-23-2003, 12:03 AM

Cool

ƒ¡|ür wrote:

"And u write something in the start off this thread.. That u finally made it. But were not sure you will tell, how to.. If anyone wants too know, contact me!!"

This is exactly why I'm "talking down to you"

Your in it for the glory aparently and have no consideration for the consequences of having them and or the knowledge of how to do them without first making sure that

(A) it's not considered a cheat .
and
(B) that it's something that is readily available on all the major sites and not just a denmark page that is a good page yes,But not one that the majority of people know about.
At least I'd never heard of it untill now

As for my cracks at your PS skills I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings but like I said life is tough sometimes kid.

I consider myself to a nice guy for the most part.And I think this is probably the first time I've ever put down someones work like this publicly.Normally I just dont say anything or maybe just a "nice job"

Anyway you have just shown me that you do not deserve that kind of courtesy becuase already your spouting off about how your gonna go start telling more more people what pff extractor to use bla bla all just because someone told you yor PS skills are lacking.

You need to grow a thicker skin bud

btw do you even play BHD?
Filurs BHD stats

And all this "say it to my face" crap I'm guessing that you may rethink that request if you were to actually meet me.Just a hunch

Last edited by JèrséÿÐèvíL; 06-23-2003 at 12:46 AM.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:58 AM

LOL, you picking on me.. LMAO. OK your way, but i dont play on NL servers, only a couple of times, i play in a squad, we have our own server and my stats..!! they are on there. But hey man, i dont care about stats, as long as we win our matches... But i think u should rephrase your words, cause, this is a public forum.. I dont care what people think of my gfx skils.. LOL
U think im gonna cry!???
damn , moderator delete this whole thread, cause this is getting out of hand for JERS.....
Old 06-23-2003, 04:58 AM
Steve is offline Steve
Administrator

pfffffffffffft

come on, i freekin said no more cr@p.
this is an interesting thread, i dont want to close it, and i certainly don't want to boot people from the site.

NO MORE BASHING OR FLAMING OR MOANING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE!

like a bunch of kids in nursery